Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 68

Thread: Americans with pure (or near that) English colonial ancestry...

  1. #31
    De la comunidad isleña de Luisiana Isleño's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Online
    03-05-2020 @ 02:09 PM
    Location
    Louisiana, USA
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Isleño de Luisiana
    Ethnicity
    Spanish-American
    Ancestry
    Canary Islands, Spain
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Louisiana
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF27
    mtDNA
    U6b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med+Alpine+Berid
    Politics
    Center Right
    Religion
    Catholic
    Gender
    Posts
    6,740
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5,038/73
    Given: 1,762/69

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grab the Gauge View Post
    Must be remembered that 98% of the people in America calling themselves "Irish" have no Irish ancestry at all, just relatives who came TO America from Ireland, after fucking it up. So just about anyone who calls themselves "Irish" or "scots irish" can be safely assumed as colonial English. None of them are Irish or Scottish nor were their ancestors. And of course EVERYONE who was born and raised here is an American and nothing else.
    I disagree with this. Irish is the second largest European DNA in the US. There are tons of actual Irish blood in the US.

  2. #32
    De la comunidad isleña de Luisiana Isleño's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Online
    03-05-2020 @ 02:09 PM
    Location
    Louisiana, USA
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Isleño de Luisiana
    Ethnicity
    Spanish-American
    Ancestry
    Canary Islands, Spain
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Louisiana
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF27
    mtDNA
    U6b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med+Alpine+Berid
    Politics
    Center Right
    Religion
    Catholic
    Gender
    Posts
    6,740
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5,038/73
    Given: 1,762/69

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    I wouldn't say pure colonials are common generally. But they do exist, especially in the South (perhaps parts of the southern Midwest as well) and in New England. The more rural the area, the more likely.

    I think America has reached a point where little distinction is made between European ethnicities. Spaniards may be an exception due to the mass confusion on what exactly a Hispanic is. Generally, though, as long as a person is of European descent, most other European-Americans will be open to marriage.
    I think there are significant numbers of Americans that are majority English, but I think English is one of the oldest groups, it's more mixed among white Americans. But I have met Americans that were largely English on both sides.

    As for the confusion Spaniards get in the US because many people confused about Hispanic, I get that a lot when I leave my area. I get Cuban all the time. But in my area, people are familiar with Spanish-Americans.

    The US is one of the few places in the Americas that still hold on to their ancestral heritage and are often hyphenated. Irish-Americans, Italian-Americans, Mexican-Americans, African-Americans, Spanish-Americans, etc. Go to other parts of the Americas and they are just Argentines or Chileans or Costa Ricans or Venezuelans etc. We are more divided than they are.

  3. #33
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    04-09-2019 @ 01:55 AM
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid-Atlantid
    Gender
    Posts
    16,744
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 7,337/396
    Given: 4,056/13

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    New England or the Deep South.

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Online
    02-19-2020 @ 11:36 AM
    Location
    Hungaristan
    Ethnicity
    Proud citizen of Hungaristan
    Country
    Hungary
    Politics
    Pro-Circumcision, Gorid Nationalism
    Hero
    Ultra
    Religion
    Anti-Antimage
    Gender
    Posts
    9,390
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5,959/649
    Given: 9,201/1,440

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Grab the Gauge claimed to be mostly of colonial English ancestry, "with one dutch ancestor from the 1600s" or something
    Last edited by Antimage; 06-25-2017 at 12:02 PM.

  5. #35
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    04-09-2019 @ 01:55 AM
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid-Atlantid
    Gender
    Posts
    16,744
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 7,337/396
    Given: 4,056/13

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    I wouldn't say pure colonials are common generally. But they do exist, especially in the South (perhaps parts of the southern Midwest as well) and in New England. The more rural the area, the more likely.

    I think America has reached a point where little distinction is made between European ethnicities. Spaniards may be an exception due to the mass confusion on what exactly a Hispanic is. Generally, though, as long as a person is of European descent, most other European-Americans will be open to marriage.
    I agree,,like I said before most(not all) white girls still are hesitate to bring a non-white guy home to meet mommy and daddy(no matter what they say publicly). I suppose some are more with East Asians or South Asians, but generally they will not date non-white guys seriously but of-course they will never admit this.

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Country
    Poland
    Y-DNA
    R1b-Z2552
    mtDNA
    W6a
    Gender
    Posts
    17,750
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 17,891/699
    Given: 16,186/1,175

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mingle View Post
    I've seen families where one parent is Sicilian and the other is Irish. The Sicilian parent scores 15% Middle Eastern, while the child scores 0%.
    How is this possible?
    It is possible due to 23andMe's methodology.

    Quote Originally Posted by WyattCollins00 View Post
    DNA tests aren't what people think they are. Genes are passed down randomly so the genes that are used as locational markers may or may not be passed to offspring. Siblings frequently have surprisingly different dna results because of this.
    Nope, it is just caused by their methodology:

    http://www.theapricity.com/forum/sho...=1#post4373107

    http://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads...l=1#post507243

    In GEDmatch this Near Eastern will be visible.

  7. #37
    Retired Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

    Grace O'Malley's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:45 AM
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Gender
    Posts
    11,581
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 14,183/68
    Given: 15,961/18

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by karol.klacansky View Post
    Again contradicting statements, Eamon de Valera raised over 5 million dollars when touring the u.s in 1919 and 1920 ( a big amount in of money back then) All from Irish Americans. I'm not down playing the Irish's role in their own independence but it's insulting to Irish Americans to just dismiss them the way modern Irish people do. The u.s was the only other nation even named in the Irish republic's proclamation in 1916, Ireland at that time had a massive kinship and respect for Irish Americans I don't know what happened to that in modern Ireland.
    I do have massive respect for Irish Americans but you are over estimating their impact on Irish independence. It was all Irish intelligence and Irish blood that resulted in Ireland getting their independence from Britain over a long period of time. If you research the topic you will acknowledge this. The Irish diaspora however has been of great benefit to Ireland and Irish Americans have been very loyal to Ireland. However they had little impact on Ireland gaining independence.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_War_of_Independence

    The Morrigan (also Mórrigan or Morrigu) is one of the most mysterious figures in Irish mythology.
    The name Morrigan means 'phantom queen' (or 'great queen') and describes a Goddess from old Ireland that was very associated with war, destiny, fate and death.
    She was a shape-shifter and frequently appeared as a black crow, an ominous sign for those who saw her prior to battle. Legend has it that the Morrigan was in fact a triad of sisters, often named as Badb, Macha and Nemain, while the Morrigan is also remembered as the triad of the land Goddesses Ériu, Banba and Fódla.


    http://www.ireland-information.com/i...sh-legend.html

  8. #38
    Man, husband, cat keeper, brewer, cook, writer... Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

    Piparskeggr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Online
    11-16-2019 @ 04:42 PM
    Location
    Lexington Park, MD
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pan-European
    Ethnicity
    European American
    Ancestry
    US: Canada Lithuania Belarus Ukraine Moldova Germany Denmark England Ireland France Italy Croatia Sp
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Maryland
    Y-DNA
    E1b1b1c1
    mtDNA
    H5
    Taxonomy
    Mediterranid between Atlantomediterranid and Gracilmediterranid with Cromagno-Alpinoid.
    Politics
    Left most feather on the right shoulder, not on a wing.
    Hero
    My dad
    Religion
    American Asatru
    Age
    60
    Gender
    Posts
    2,392
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 178/2
    Given: 14/0

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    According to the GEDmatch Eurogenes13 match utility...

    Population
    North_Atlantic 29.63
    Baltic 12.03
    West_Med 18.72
    West_Asian 6.94
    East_Med 22.73
    Red_Sea 3.55
    South_Asian 1.91
    East_Asian -
    Siberian 1.39
    Amerindian 1.91
    Oceanian 0.10
    Northeast_African 0.28
    Sub-Saharan 0.82



    According to the 23andme match:

    Italian 30.1%
    Iberian 1.8%
    Broadly Southern
    European 17.2%
    British & Irish 13.9%
    French & German 0.8%
    Broadly Northwestern
    European 12.1%
    Ashkenazi Jewish 12.5%
    Broadly European 7.1%
    Native American 1.1%
    East Asian 0.5%
    Broadly East Asian 0.5%
    Broadly East Asian &
    Native American 0.7%
    Middle Eastern 1.5%
    Broadly Middle Eastern &
    North African 0.1%
    Unassigned 0.5%

    According to family: my mom is 100% (modern) Italian, her dad was born in Italy and her maternal grandparents were... My dad, 1/2 Irish (they came to the US in the 1730's - 1850's), 1/4 French-Canadian/Mohawk (came to the US in the 1860's) and 1/4 Lithuania Jew (came to the US in 1880's). There's English, German, Belorusian, Ukrainian, Danish, Croatian, Greek, Spanish and Moorish in there, too.
    - Stefn Piparskeggr Ullarskjaldberi

    Dramedy occurs when serious and silly collide

    mDNA H5 - yDNA E1b1b1c
    96.3% European, 2.4% East Asian/Native American, 1.4% Unassigned
    (also, 2.8 % Neanderthal in there)

  9. #39
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    04-09-2019 @ 01:55 AM
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid-Atlantid
    Gender
    Posts
    16,744
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 7,337/396
    Given: 4,056/13

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grace O'Malley View Post
    I do have massive respect for Irish Americans but you are over estimating their impact on Irish independence. It was all Irish intelligence and Irish blood that resulted in Ireland getting their independence from Britain over a long period of time. If you research the topic you will acknowledge this. The Irish diaspora however has been of great benefit to Ireland and Irish Americans have been very loyal to Ireland. However they had little impact on Ireland gaining independence.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_War_of_Independence
    Irish Americans were not fans of supporting the UK in WWI because of the Ireland issue. Germany tried to help Irish freedom fighters because it disrupted the UK war effort in WWI. Also, an Irishman invented the modern submarine because he wanted to an effective weapon against the British Navy. The submarine was used to great effect against the UK in both World Wars.

  10. #40
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:06 AM
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Posts
    4,096
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3,194/23
    Given: 6,405/28

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Isleño View Post
    I think there are significant numbers of Americans that are majority English, but I think English is one of the oldest groups, it's more mixed among white Americans. But I have met Americans that were largely English on both sides.

    As for the confusion Spaniards get in the US because many people confused about Hispanic, I get that a lot when I leave my area. I get Cuban all the time. But in my area, people are familiar with Spanish-Americans.

    The US is one of the few places in the Americas that still hold on to their ancestral heritage and are often hyphenated. Irish-Americans, Italian-Americans, Mexican-Americans, African-Americans, Spanish-Americans, etc. Go to other parts of the Americas and they are just Argentines or Chileans or Costa Ricans or Venezuelans etc. We are more divided than they are.
    Majority English (and therefore, majority colonial)? Absolutely. My dad is one of them. But pure colonials, I'm not so sure about. I believe you are, correct?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 81
    Last Post: 09-14-2015, 12:49 PM
  2. Replies: 60
    Last Post: 08-31-2015, 02:27 PM
  3. Replies: 169
    Last Post: 10-16-2014, 12:43 PM
  4. Dual Ancestry Of Native Americans
    By Insuperable in forum DNA Scientific Papers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-28-2013, 03:01 AM
  5. 30% of white Americans have some black ancestry
    By Ryuichi Sakamoto in forum Race and Society
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-01-2013, 11:21 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •