Politics
    apolitical
    Religion
    agnostic, born Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 55
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

No. It's my understanding that security of the oil fields was taken over by the private security forces of the dozens of companies contracting these years ago. I assumed this was common knowledge.
    so where is your proof?
    you asked for proof that the U.S. is guarding the oil, I gave some pretty damn powerful proof, that you didn't respond to. Go back and read that comment by the senior general of the Iraqi army who acknowledges that the U.S. military is sill providing security for the country.

furthermore, anything can be made to look technically real. technically, Iraq owns the oil and provides security for it. The reality - as articulated by General Zabari himself - is that U.S. forces, whether military forces or security firm forces, are doing the real security work.

Man, husband, cat keeper, brewer, cook, writer... Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    12-20-2023 @ 06:34 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pan-European
    Ethnicity
    European American
    Ancestry
    US: Canada (Mohawk, Huron and Cree) Lithuania Belarus Ukraine Moldova Germany Denmark England Wales
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Maryland
    Y-DNA
    E1b1b1c1
    mtDNA
    H5
    Taxonomy
    Mediterranid between Atlantomediterranid and Gracilmediterranid with Cromagno-Alpinoid.
    Politics
    Now a center feather on the right shoulder, not on a wing, but being pushed there.
    Hero
    My Dad, Mom and Wife
    Religion
    American Heathen
    Relationship Status
    Married since June 1982
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 250
    Given: 28

0 Not allowed!

If I may just interject one historical note?

Protection of oil sources so that it can flow at market prices, beneficial to the US economy, has been a part of US national strategy since Dwight David Eisenhower was president.

He who later "mea culpa'd" with his "Military-Industrial complex" speechifying. Just a first sign that the creature got away from Doctor Frankenstein.
    - Stefn Piparskeggr Ullarskjaldberi

Dramedy occurs when serious and silly collide

mDNA H5 - yDNA E1b1b1c
    97.9% European, 1.6% Mohawk, 0.4% Cree, 0.1% Malian
    (also, 2.4 % Neanderthal and .6% Denisovan in there)

Inactive Account
    Last Online
    07-25-2011 @ 10:42 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Gone
    Ethnicity
    Gone
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 94

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Delegado Cero View Post
    Halliburton for one. You're right no benefit at all.
    Halliburton is largely owned by Arabs, no? But, yeah, as my original link indicated there are a several "American" companies that've been awarded contracts. But if this were really a war for oil, why would American companies currently not dominate oil export in Iraq? I wish we did just take over their oil exportation. Then we wouldn't be going broke trying to pay for the damn war.

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis
    I gave some pretty damn powerful proof, that you didn't respond to.
    With good reason:

¬ ( [securing Iraq] ⇒ [securing oil fields] )

You constructed an implicit syllogistic fallacy. Of course the Iraqi Army has trouble securing the whole country; this is not news. He, however, mentions nothing specific about the oil zones, which was our point of contention, right? Most are not under the watch of either the US military or the Iraqi military. They are guarded by private security contractors such as Facility Protection Services and Erinys Iraq Ltd.

Numinous Theurgist Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    French & German
    Ancestry
    Aquitània (Maternal), Vörpommern (Paternal)
    Country
    Quebec
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid/Nordomediterranid + Minor Dinaroid (Agrippa)
    Politics
    Neo-Feudalist; Neu-Ordenstaat / Aristocratist
    Religion
    Esoteric Traditionalism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    Halliburton is largely owned by Arabs, no? But, yeah, as my original link indicated there are a several "American" companies that've been awarded contracts. But if this were really a war for oil, why would American companies currently not dominate oil export in Iraq?
    Halliburton is still American owned. Dick Cheney is still getting his cut, although the current CEO is moving to Dubai, I am not sure if this is expansion as he says or if it's an outright transfer. Anyway, American corporations are not the only ones who are "in" on the plunder and they're certainly not the most powerful. Then again there's been so many mergers and transfers of ownership with from within the U.S oil companies (BP, Shell etc) it's hard to keep track of who owns what. It's not exclusively for oil since this is just a warspoil, but corporations and their owners, both foreign and American directly benefit from this. By and large this is a Trilateralist, CFR, and Globalist imperative that transcends nation-states and is more concerned about foreign, multinational corporations and their interests. You should elimate the concept of the Nationalist kind of thinking when it comes to understanding these people and their goals. It's neither in the interest of the people or the state besides measures set in place to maintain their perpetual existence thanks soley to the war on terror, of which Iraq is a part of. It's multi-faceted. To say it's only for one thing or another is false.
    Last edited by Sol Invictus; 08-23-2010 at 07:01 PM.
    "Free, do you call yourself? Then I would hear your ruling thought, and not merely that you have escaped from a yoke. Are you one of those who had the right to escape from a yoke? Many a one has cast away his last worth when he has cast away his servitude. Free from what? What does that matter to Zarathustra! But your fiery eyes should tell me: free for what?" - Thus Spoke Zarathustra

Mystic Oracle of Nordicist Purity ikki's Avatar
    Last Online
    08-27-2012 @ 05:10 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Aldebaran
    Ethnicity
    Finnswede
    Country
    Finland
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4

0 Not allowed!

intresting... guess iraq is now owned by the military corporation...

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-29-2019 @ 11:26 PM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    Czech Republic, Germany, French Huguenot, Ireland
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New Jersey
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Mediterranid
    Politics
    apolitical
    Religion
    agnostic, born Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 55

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    Halliburton is largely owned by Arabs, no? But, yeah, as my original link indicated there are a several "American" companies that've been awarded contracts. But if this were really a war for oil, why would American companies currently not dominate oil export in Iraq? I wish we did just take over their oil exportation. Then we wouldn't be going broke trying to pay for the damn war.

With good reason:

¬ ( [securing Iraq] ⇒ [securing oil fields] )

You constructed an implicit syllogistic fallacy. Of course the Iraqi Army has trouble securing the whole country; this is not news. He, however, mentions nothing specific about the oil zones, which was our point of contention, right? Most are not under the watch of either the US military or the Iraqi military. They are guarded by private security contractors such as Facility Protection Services and Erinys Iraq Ltd.
    But this only bolsters the original argument of this thread: the U.S. is still providing security for Iraq - and by extension, Iraqi oil supplies(Yes, securing Iraq and securing oil fields are the same thing) - through private companies.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information