Banned
    Last Online
    02-23-2010 @ 05:56 PM
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Smile The fine arts...

Here's a painting from a student who studies fine arts...

Tell me what you see in it, what it represents, your feelings, your thoughts...

Thanks in advance,
    TattSS...
    Last edited by MarcvSS; 01-27-2009 at 04:14 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-28-2012 @ 04:02 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Lancashire, Bernicia, Munster, Mercia etc.
    Country
    England
    Region
    Devon
    Taxonomy
    Manchester Man
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    British
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 118
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by KCV... View Post
    Tell me what you see in it, what it represents, your feelings, your thoughts...
    Eek! I knew it would be something a bit scary, while I was waiting for it to load. Thank God it's not too revolting!

Well, it's a close up of a flower, but with a gaping animal carcase where the sexual organs should be, anthers and stamens and whatever they're called. It looks a bit like a mouth too, and the lush juicy red lips lead you on until... you get a kiss full of carrion!
    It might be about the superficiality of looks that often shield 'nature, red in tooth and claw'. A plant, while seeming as though created merely to charm the human aesthete's eye, remains yet part of the desperate struggle for existence that accompanies the lives of all living things, whether active struggle in which enemies and prey are killed, or more subtle, in which competitors are starved of nutrients, light and space...
    Maybe the carnal aspect is paramount though, sex and attraction all coming down to rather meaty animal things at the end of the day (if you're lucky).
    Mind you, the meat doesn't look rotten or anything, so there's nothing too putrid and bad here, nothing about corruption and death, as far as I can see. Or then again, the 'petals' do look as if they're dripping with blood. Is that a heart in the centre?

I want some of that old Spanish pork now. I forget the name...
    Last edited by Osweo; 01-27-2009 at 04:21 PM.

Thread Information