Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Are many filipinos just linguistically Austronesian...but genetically not austronesian

Banned
    Last Online
    04-12-2023 @ 05:36 PM
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 198
    Given: 3

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Selurong View Post
    Lol, you have Mayan and South Asian in you.
    Luzon seem to be the primary area of this admixture of chinese & native american

Banned
    Last Online
    01-19-2024 @ 01:06 PM
    Ethnicity
    Visayan (Filipino)
    Country
    Philippines
    Y-DNA
    The largest BBC in the TA but you can't suck it because I made a vow of celibacy. Chastity is sexy!
    Politics
    Righteous
    Hero
    DN8, Carlito's Way, The Lawspeaker, Toppo900, Teutone and KuriousKatKommittee!
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Repentant of my former man-whoreness. But you like it if naughty?! Ooh let me spank you my sinner!
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,721
    Given: 6,335

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ingenious View Post
    Luzon seem to be the primary area of this admixture of chinese & native american
    Yes. But there are other cities outside Luzon that have received Asian and Latin-American admixture.

Chiefly...

The region of Cebu. The old Rajahnate of Cebu was established by the half-Malay and half-Tamil Sri Lumay dynasty and had a pretty Indianized culture, that's why they found several Hindu artifacts in Mactan island.

Then, Cebu city became the oldest city established by Spaniards in the Philippines, and by which, during it's foundation, received around 2100 soldier-settlers from New Spain (Mexico).

Then, there's Zamboanga city, where, Don Sebastían Hurtado de Corcuera, brought armies raised from Peru and sailed to found that city as a fortress against the sultanates Brunei, Maguindanao, Lanao and Sulu ...

"SECOND BOOK OF THE SECOND PART OF THE CONQUESTS OF THE FILIPINAS ISLANDS, AND CHRONICLE OF THE RELIGIOUS OF OUR FATHER, ST. AUGUSTINE" (Zamboanga City History) "He (Governor Don Sebastían Hurtado de Corcuera) brought a great reënforcements of soldiers, many of them from Perú, as he made his voyage to Acapulco from that kingdom."

Even today, the Zamboanga people still speak a language akin to Spanish, Chavacano, a creole-language descended from Latin-American flavored Spanish.

In nearby Davao city, formerly known as Japan-town, there were several Japanese who settled there.

This gives alot of oppurtunity for interaction between the various races in those locations.
    Last edited by Selurong; 08-26-2016 at 07:15 AM.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Yes. But there are other cities outside Luzon that have received Asian and Latin-American admixture.

Chiefly...

The region of Cebu. The old Rajahnate of Cebu was established by the half-Malay and half-Tamil Sri Lumay dynasty and had a pretty Indianized culture, that's why they found several Hindu artifacts in Mactan island.

Then, Cebu city became the oldest city established by Spaniards in the Philippines, and by which, during it's foundation, received around 2100 soldier-settlers from New Spain (Mexico).

Then, there's Zamboanga city, where, Don Sebastían Hurtado de Corcuera, brought armies raised from Peru and sailed to found that city as a fortress against the sultanates Brunei, Maguindanao, Lanao and Sulu ...

"SECOND BOOK OF THE SECOND PART OF THE CONQUESTS OF THE FILIPINAS ISLANDS, AND CHRONICLE OF THE RELIGIOUS OF OUR FATHER, ST. AUGUSTINE" (Zamboanga City History) "He (Governor Don Sebastían Hurtado de Corcuera) brought a great reënforcements of soldiers, many of them from Perú, as he made his voyage to Acapulco from that kingdom."

Even today, the Zamboanga people still speak a language akin to Spanish, Chavacano, a creole-language descended from Latin-American flavored Spanish.

In nearby Davao city, formerly known as Japan-town, there were many several Japanese who settled there.

This gives alot of oppurtunity for interaction between the various races in those locations.
    most japanese were chased out of Davao after Worldwar 2

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Visayan (Filipino)
    Country
    Philippines
    Y-DNA
    The largest BBC in the TA but you can't suck it because I made a vow of celibacy. Chastity is sexy!
    Politics
    Righteous
    Hero
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Repentant of my former man-whoreness. But you like it if naughty?! Ooh let me spank you my sinner!
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

most japanese were chased out of Davao after Worldwar 2
    Only the non-assimilated Japanese though. I know a couple of Japanese families who stayed in the Philippines, post World War II.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Chiefly...

In nearby Davao city, formerly known as Japan-town, there were several Japanese who settled there.

Criollos from new spain were what made up the citizen soldiers not indios....as Cebu was formed around 1600s

the tamil thing is just a legend......

phenotype wise Visayas and Mindanao are mostly free of non-sea foreign influence outside of the spanish prescence

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Visayan (Filipino)
    Country
    Philippines
    Y-DNA
    Politics
    Righteous
    Hero
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Criollos from new spain were what made up the citizen soldiers not indios....as Cebu was formed around 1600s

the tamil thing is just a legend......

phenotype wise Visayas and Mindanao are mostly free of non-sea foreign influence outside of the spanish prescence
    No my friend. They actively recruited Native-Americans too. In fact, the Spanish authorities in Manila complained about this alot...

They even recruited Mullatoes from Mexico...

Letter from Fajardo to Felipe III From Manila, August 15 1620.(From the Spanish Archives of the Indies).

"The infantry does not amount to two hundred men, in three companies. If these men were that number, and Spaniards, it would not be so bad; but, although I have not seen them, because they have not yet arrived here, I am told that they are, as at other times, for the most part boys, mestizos, and mulattoes, with some Indians (Native Americans). There is no little cause for regret in the great sums that reënforcements of such men waste for, and cost, your Majesty. I cannot see what betterment there will be until your Majesty shall provide it, since I do not think, that more can be done in Nueva Spańa, although the viceroy must be endeavoring to do so, as he is ordered."

Also, Cebu being the destination of some Tamil migrants is most definitely true since not only was the leader of Cebu called a "Rajah", an Indian term, researchers postulate that a ton of words in the Cebuano language are Indian in origin. Several place-names in Cebu are even Sanskrit in origin. The Cebu Rajahnate's old capital for example was named Singhapala.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

No my friend. They actively recruited Native-Americans too. In fact, the Spanish authorities in Manila complained about this alot...

They even recruited Mullatoes from Mexico...

Letter from Fajardo to Felipe III From Manila, August 15 1620.(From the Spanish Archives of the Indies).

"The infantry does not amount to two hundred men, in three companies. If these men were that number, and Spaniards, it would not be so bad; but, although I have not seen them, because they have not yet arrived here, I am told that they are, as at other times, for the most part boys, mestizos, and mulattoes, with some Indians (Native Americans). There is no little cause for regret in the great sums that reënforcements of such men waste for, and cost, your Majesty. I cannot see what betterment there will be until your Majesty shall provide it, since I do not think, that more can be done in Nueva Spańa, although the viceroy must be endeavoring to do so, as he is ordered."

Also, Cebu being the destination of some Tamil migrants is most definitely true since not only was the leader of Cebu called a "Rajah", an Indian term, researchers postulate that a ton of words in the Cebuano language are Indian in origin. Several place-names in Cebu are even Sanskrit in origin. The Cebu Rajahnate's old capital for example was named Singhapala.
    Not in the 1500s...your sources say manila. actual native Americans entered Luzon in the 1600s to 1800s during the manila-alcapulco galleon trade

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Visayan (Filipino)
    Country
    Philippines
    Y-DNA
    Politics
    Righteous
    Hero
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Not in the 1500s...your sources say manila. actual native Americans entered Luzon in the 1600s to 1800s during the manila-alcapulco galleon trade
    Those yearly reinforcements are to be distributed to the whole of the archipelago, not just Manila.
    Last edited by Selurong; 08-26-2016 at 10:07 AM.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Visayan (Filipino)
    Country
    Philippines
    Y-DNA
    Politics
    Righteous
    Hero
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Here's the Campaign war-map of Governor Don Sebastían Hurtado de Corcuera (Who brought reënforcements of soldiers from Perú) as he waged war against the Sulu Sultanate.

Notice the prescence of Jesuit reducciones, modeled after missions in Latin-America being settled just outside Zamboanga fortress.
    Last edited by Selurong; 08-26-2016 at 01:38 PM.

Last Online
    07-08-2019 @ 09:14 PM
    Ethnicity
    50% N/C Italian, 50% Corfiot
    Ancestry
    87.8 % Southern Euro, 10.4 % NW Euro, 0.7 % East Euro, 0.6 % Ashkenazi, 0.3 % East Asian, 0.1 % MENA
    Country
    Canada
    Region
    Emilia Romagna
    Y-DNA
    R1b - U152
    mtDNA
    X2D
    Hero
    Chuck Yeager
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,547
    Given: 980

1 Not allowed!

Tons of gorgeous filipino women in Canada, a few of my friends have filipino girlfriends... their family's always have the best BBQs so I always get them to toss me an invite heh.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information