Christian Emperors
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,923
    Given: 4,821

3 Not allowed!

Default Time to invest in Greece

Being an ex-banker scumbag (only for two years) I have a few tricks up my sleeve analysing markets. But for Greeks whom have some spare change and willing to wait for five years or so, now is the time to put some money to work in Greek markets.. not when it is booming and too high.. but if you like bargains this is fucking it.

Below is the long term price action

What the chart tells us, it is all very simple, really

1. Price has tried to penetrate below the previous low of 2012 and has thus far failed. This is called in technical analysis terms a "double bottom" which usually indicates a trend reversal.

You can find more information here http://www.investopedia.com/terms/d/doublebottom.asp

2. More interesting is the volume growth. Now the volume growth is pow wow. It more or less indicates a change of hands or in other words out with he old and in with the new.

You may save this post and revisit in five years and say thank you only then.

As they say in the classics - Fortune Favours the Brave.
    “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” Eph. 6:12

Definition of untrustworthy and loose character are those that don't believe in God.

Bloodline of 5/42 Evzone Regiment
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Byzantine Rumelia
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    Politics
    Christian Theocratic
    Hero
    Christian Emperors
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Western Europe in the mode of destruction of Greece and Arabs in the mode of investment in Greece - who will win?

http://www.ekathimerini.com/211941/a...arab-investors

Arab entrepreneurs and state corporations are once again showing a reserved interest in the Greek market.

Developments on the fronts of the sale of the Astir Palace Resort in Vouliagmeni and of the concession of the old Athens airport at Elliniko are playing a key role to that end because in both of these major privatization projects on the capital’s southern coast there are important Arab private and state investment funds involved.

At the same time, there also are some smaller but also significant moves being made, such as the entry in the share capital of listed telecom company Forthnet of Massar Investment LLC, belonging to an entrepreneur from the United Arab Emirates.

In this context, the Athens Concert Hall will in three weeks’ time play host to a meeting of representatives from the Arab world with Greek and European officials and investors.

The forum is named “EU-Arab World Summit: Partners for Growth & Development,” and is expected to bring together in some heads of Arab states as well as representatives of governments, entrepreneurs and investors from Europe and the Arab world.

The meeting is going to place emphasis on energy, infrastructures, privatizations and the Greek involvement in the construction sector in Arab countries.
    “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” Eph. 6:12

Definition of untrustworthy and loose character are those that don't believe in God.

Last Online
    01-27-2020 @ 09:11 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Illyro-Thracian
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Ancestry
    Rahovec
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    Taxonomy
    Albanian
    Politics
    Anti-East
    Hero
    Agim Ramadani, Cerciz Topulli
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,703
    Given: 2,615

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by catgeorge View Post
    Western Europe in the mode of destruction of Greece and Arabs in the mode of investment in Greece - who will win?

http://www.ekathimerini.com/211941/a...arab-investors
    With those increased investments come also increased influence. With that said I believe Greece itself has more to gain from being a global country rather than strictly dependant on relations with the west. Similar to how Turkey also does lots of business with the rest of the world so they don't have to depend on the West for their survival. When you're big enough and not landlocked I don't see what the problem is.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Byzantine Rumelia
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    Politics
    Christian Theocratic
    Hero
    Christian Emperors
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Austerity is not working and it's time to stop it and will do soon. The upside potential when austerity stop is dynamite

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Byzantine Rumelia
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    Politics
    Christian Theocratic
    Hero
    Christian Emperors
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

What Athenians think of the economy.

http://www.ecnmy.org/engage/athenian...my-recovering/

“The first thing that came to my mind and is really sad is the fact that there are no middle class people left. There’s very rich, or very poor. As for the German reforms, I just think this thing ain’t gonna work. Our government can’t pull it through and they’ve been dishonest so far. Thing will be better in future probably, but the debt will still be there for many years to come.”

“Our economy is in bad shape..! I don’t know about the German reforms... but what I really know is that our government’s development measures are ridiculous and prevent growth. As for the future, I believe nothing will happen unless the government stops these strict measures! What I do believe is that every nation is the captain of its own ship, and if there is will for development, and love for the free market, then many good things could happen... all the rest is cheap excuses from a government that doesn’t have the knowledge or the vision to develop a free market.”

“The whole situation has made us more introverted, instead of spontaneous. We’re preoccupied about how to make a living, instead of living. I don’t think the reforms will work – they’ll make things even harder.”

“The current situation in Greece is rather peculiar because of the crisis. Greek citizens are challenged on a daily basis. But me and the people I interact with managed to find a way to take some days off, and enjoy the Greek sun and sea on our lovely islands. It’ll help us fill our batteries with lots of energy and power for the winter to come! The measurements being imposed on Greek citizens are not applicable and will lead nowhere. But I believe the crisis can provide new orientation for all of us, and create opportunities. Everything will go well in the end if we persist and insist on reaching our goals."

"Things in Greece are hard right now. We’ve stopped watching the news about the debt – the media is controlled anyway. All of this leads Greece to a dead end… worst scenario is Greece almost becomes a colony. Of course that’s not something we want or approve of. Working and improving as individuals in spite of our circumstances is what we’re focusing on right now.”

"Well, the economy seems to be showing signs of improving. There's major road and railworks going on, a few abandoned buildings being restored in the center of Athens, and as far as I know the suicides motivated by debt have decreased. But as I said, it only seems to be improving – because if anyone digs under the surface of all this 'development', there are lifelong private debt contracts and money-draining deals involved that will last over 50, maybe up to 100 years. 'Public' investments will gradually turn private, and people living in Greece will be forced to pay health, education, transport, communication and then water, electricity, heating on a Switzerland scale, but earning next to nothing; or migrate, or get rid of all their real estate inherited from grandparents in villages they won't be able to visit again, work until death, or simply die earlier.

The reforms demanded by the Germans are rational alright, but they're based on the imaginary idea that there's a functional, reasonable government and a well-informed body of citizens who know their rights and obligations and how to manage finances. Greek reality is another thing. The average Greek citizen is a part of an over 40-year-old lie that everything is under 'democratic' control... Instability, inefficiency, covering up losses and faults, nepotism are common practice for all political parties and governments, that's why there are no differences between them any more. None of them had the balls to tell the truth and lose!

The average Greek citizen loved (and still does, I think) to be lied and promised to that someone else will rescue them and take care of his/her business, no effort or payment needed. Until recently this fraud was always successful. This resulted in total distrust in any authority, laws and regulations. Easy but stupid tax policies, raising VAT on restaurants, bars, coffee shops – just made tax evasion explode. Why would we pay the government more while it legally orders lowering of pensions, wages, education, and health? Greek finances are caught in a vicious spiral, like politics are. It will take at least one, if not two generations to realize what impact foreign politics and bank deals will have on life in Greece in the next decades. Keep in mind that this country is already kind of drained of a large part of its younger and financially active generation, who escaped to all directions in the world.

A last remark from a street musician like me: Most of Athens' homeless people who are literally dying on the streets, eating out of garbage bins and drinking out of any leftover cups are either drug and alcohol addicts, mentally disturbed individuals and yes, foreigners from Bangladesh to Denmark, legal and illegal immigrants, victims of international trafficking, stranded in this country due to bureaucracy, lack of social integration policy, caring, money and reason, things one can hardly find here these days."

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,536
    Given: 899

0 Not allowed!

My mom work for banks for over 20 years, I think Greek economy is toast, but idk i suck at economics.

Last Online
    04-09-2019 @ 02:14 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Sinid
    Ethnicity
    Han Chinese
    Ancestry
    The Celestial Empire
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    mtDNA
    You can mtDNA this!
    Taxonomy
    Nordsinid/Tungid
    Hero
    Yo momma last night
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28,799
    Given: 25,904

2 Not allowed!

I agree.

When people get greedy, get scared.

When people get scared, get greedy.

King of Swords Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-19-2024 @ 07:41 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    my own tribe
    Ethnicity
    entheos
    Country
    Serbia
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H11a1a
    Politics
    NWO Masonic Luciferianism
    Religion
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,376
    Given: 31,164

2 Not allowed!

I WAS THINKING OF OPENING A SANDWICH CAFE WITH RAINE.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Byzantine Rumelia
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    Politics
    Christian Theocratic
    Hero
    Christian Emperors
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Some tourism performance statistics - considering Troika has placed taxes on everything and anything and still under austerity , Greece being one of the most expensive places on the planet due to Troika taxes- Greece still performing well

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    Trondheim, Norway
    Country
    Canada
    Region
    British Columbia
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,828
    Given: 243

0 Not allowed!

I'd be careful about investing when deutche bank is about to blow, could easily take the fragile US market with it, and the Chinese housing will go if the US does so.........

But normally yes it would be a good time to get in.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information