Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Are Bulgarians Eastern Europeans or Southern Europeans?

Banned
    Last Online
    10-19-2019 @ 10:44 PM
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Montenegro
    Y-DNA
    EV-13 Daco-Thracian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 140
    Given: 1

0 Not allowed!

What % of Eastern European did you get on 23andMe?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    05-24-2021 @ 05:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Politics
    Neo-liberal
    Hero
    Sikeliot
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,258
    Given: 3,510

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Archduke View Post
    Which are the non-Southern features of Northern Greece? Because folklore, architecture and history of Northern Greece is more or less heritage of the local Eagean Bulgarians who fled to USA, Australia and Bulgaria after the wars.

For me Bulgaria is totally Southern with strong Eastern (recent Soviet) influence. During the whole communist regime it was all about Russians and Eastern block nations and how we are related only to them. No wonder why you see Bulgarians regarding themsleves as Eastern, altough they are most probably communists. At least now we are not under influence which is totally foreign to our kin.
    That was my experience,but as long as i don't know your country better than you, i think your opinion is more important than my opinion, and i have to accept it. I don't want to be like many trolls in the forum who think that they know other countries better than natives
    BTW not only communists but also pan-slavists in Bulgaria often self-identified as Eastern Europeans, the second is not real life but forum experience.

Quote Originally Posted by bimo View Post
    What about southern italy ?
    ignore him, he is just a troll, no author has classified Greece as eastern european to this day.

real andalusians know very well that Greece is in fact very related to them. his problem is personal

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Brazil
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,538
    Given: 1,428

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Murri View Post
    What % of Eastern European did you get on 23andMe?
    I get 6.6% Eastern European on 23andme, but I get 48% Europe East on AncestryDNA, and 37% Eastern European and 5% Finnish on FTDNA. I also got 30% Eastern European on Dodecad V3. So, I have three results that all contradict 23andme.

Last Online
    02-07-2019 @ 02:56 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iberian
    Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Country
    Spain
    Hero
    My dog
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 272
    Given: 137

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by brennus dux gallorum View Post
    That was my experience,but as long as i don't know your country better than you, i think your opinion is more important than my opinion, and i have to accept it. I don't want to be like many trolls in the forum who think that they know other countries better than natives
    BTW not only communists but also pan-slavists in Bulgaria often self-identified as Eastern Europeans, the second is not real life but forum experience.

ignore him, he is just a troll, no author has classified Greece as eastern european to this day.

real andalusians know very well that Greece is in fact very related to them. his problem is personal

Banned
    Last Online
    10-19-2019 @ 10:44 PM
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Montenegro
    Y-DNA
    EV-13 Daco-Thracian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 140
    Given: 1

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aemilius View Post
    I get 6.6% Eastern European on 23andme, but I get 48% Europe East on AncestryDNA, and 37% Eastern European and 5% Finnish on FTDNA. I also got 30% Eastern European on Dodecad V3. So, I have three results that all contradict 23andme.
    Yes, I believe the EE on 23andMe does not represent the total Eastern component, I think you would have to multiply it with 5 or 6 to get the real percentage of EE a.k.a Slavic

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Brazil
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,538
    Given: 1,428

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Murri View Post
    Yes, I believe the EE on 23andMe does not represent the total Eastern component, I think you would have to multiply it with 5 or 6 to get the real percentage of EE a.k.a Slavic
    Who knows? My Eastern European component is either as low as 10% or as high as 48%. It depends on the methodologies of the various testing companies. I think DNA Tribes is the most accurate since they updated their methodology. They match my Gedmatch calculator results, and I highly doubt that my Eastern European is as high as 50% as it doesn't show in my family at all. We don't look like northeast Europeans. I'm a bit light pigmented and could be mistaken for a Russian to the untrained eye, but on average I'm more of a Central-South appearance.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread Information