Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Default Analysis of New Hungarian Dual Citizenship Laws

Analysis of New Hungarian Dual Citizenship Laws

May 28, 2010

From Stratfor, Analyst Marko Papic discusses the implications of a new citizenship law involving ethnic Hungarians living abroad and nationalism as a symptom of wider European concerns.
    As we have discussed, Hungary’s new government is already starting to enact widespread, sweeping changes. While this new law allowing for ethnic Hungarians living outside of Hungary to gain Hungarian citizenship seems like a good idea, it seems no one in the new government thought about asking Hungary’s neighbors for their opinion.
    It is estimated that there are 5 million ethnic Hungarians living outside of Hungary. These are individuals that were displaced after “Hungary lost two-thirds of its territory and a significant part of its population when its borders were redrawn after World War I and the collapse of the Austro-Hungarian Empire.”
    According to Hungary’s far-right, oddly-Nazi-sounding Jobbik Party, in 2004, then “Prime Minister Ferenc Gyurcsany’s government argued that the offer of citizenship and passports would trigger an influx of ethnic Hungarians from poorer countries like Romania, Serbia and Ukraine. The [MSZP] campaigners for a ’NO’ vote said hordes of ethnic Hungarians could overwhelm Hungary seeking welfare payments and other benefits.” While Jobbik argued “that extending citizenship rights would be an opportunity to reunite the nation without changing borders.”
    I can see both sides of the argument. I can see how Hungary would want to allow ethnic Hungarians to be Hungarian citizens, but in the cash-strapped, over-burdened system Hungary has right now, where more people are getting paychecks from the government (pensions, welfare, etc) than they are the private sector, the thought of millions more asking for hand-outs could be devastating to Hungary’s economy.
    At the end of the day, you’ve got countries bordering Hungary with citizens who can now seek dual-citizenship. The population of Hungary could increase by 20% in the upcoming months and years. I don’t know if Hungary could handle that (or if anyone has put much thought into this policy’s long-term ramifications). But more importantly, did anyone in the Hungarian government tell these border nations they were going to enact this law? Right now, it seems they didn’t… which could be a problem.

[YOUTUBE]QpDAnmMOs9k[/YOUTUBE]

http://techappsgroup.wordpress.com/2...izenship-laws/

According to this, I could get Hungarian citizenship without loosing Serbian. What do you think about all of this? It's a bit old news, but I would like to hear your opinions.

I just know that I

[YOUTUBE]Bj2dRGEeDis[/YOUTUBE]

Last Online
    01-02-2012 @ 09:25 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Anti-Western
    Ethnicity
    Anti-"White"
    Region
    Devon
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Radojica View Post
    The population of Hungary could increase by 20% in the upcoming months and years. I don’t know if Hungary could handle that (or if anyone has put much thought into this policy’s long-term ramifications).
    It would be wise to analyse how the Federal Republic of Germany coped with the massive influx of East Germans throughout the 90s.

It is a very obtainable goal, however I am unsure whether Hungary as a country would be able to pull off something that even the sophisticated Germans struggled with.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-17-2012 @ 01:31 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serbo-Montenigger
    Ancestry
    Serbia, Montenegro, Hungary
    Country
    Serbia
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Taxonomy
    Monkey
    Politics
    Against the modern world
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Equinox View Post
    It would be wise to analyse how the Federal Republic of Germany coped with the massive influx of East Germans throughout the 90s.

It is a very obtainable goal, however I am unsure whether Hungary as a country would be able to pull off something that even the sophisticated Germans struggled with.
    There's less than 3 million of possible new Hungarian citizens which will they get this way, so I think they won't have so much problem with that. Anyway, all balkan countries have the agreement and laws on granting dual citizenship.

Thread Information