Politics
    nationalism
    Religion
    España
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,980
    Given: 1,061

0 Not allowed!

Worst book ever. Pure crap. The spanish section makes me want to puke..

Nobilicist
    Last Online
    10-08-2013 @ 10:05 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ithryn
    Ethnicity
    maiar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

In any case Kemp's typology was horrendous. He only distinguished between "Nordic, Alpine and Mediterranean", stating that the last is extinct, overall taking typology from Madison Grant whose system was too simple and erroneous(one has to distinguish Dinarid from Alpinid). He was also very obscure in his explanation of their origin, leaving easily an impression upon the casual reader that they might have arrived from another planet. Personally while being open minded that's certainly far too fetched in absence of any conclusive evidence. Also just because some individuals had light eyes, that doesn't make them "Nordic", it can be easily natural variation among many populations. Though that Pharaohs had a predominance of types similar to Europeans is correct (South Mediterranid numerous, Berberid Cromagnid type etc.).

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    02-11-2022 @ 10:36 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    -
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 47

0 Not allowed!

Horrible book written by a clueless nordicist dude who looks southern.

Totally simplistic, innacurate... this book is an insult against historians
    I´m reading right now about Spain in this March of the Titans crap and I´ve already noticed a good set of nosensical statements

- The ancient iberian sculpture "La dama de Elche" is portrayed as " gothic nordic" --> The goths arrived to Iberia many centuries later...

-Hannibal (yes, the carthaginian) is also described as "nordic"

- The "Reconquista" is described as a racial fight between White Goths and Non-White Africans when it was a religious one.

-The expulsion of the moriscos in 1609 is also portrayed as racial and Kemp keeps talking about Goths even in that century (XVII ! ) as if they were still something appart from the local population.

- He affirms that " a very large ammount of black slaves were imported into Spain" which its also false and absurd.

-He tries to associate the fall of the spanish Empire with a change in the racial makeup of the population (turning into "less white). Nothing happened to the spanish people in the XVII-XVIII centuries. If anything, they became "more white" by Kemp standards since 250000 moriscos were expelled in 1609 and many of those lands occupied by central european peasants.

-As an ending for this epic bullshit he claims that still some basques continue to wage a guerrilla war in the north of the country
    Apparently , there are people in the basque mountains with shotguns and grenades like if this was Colombia

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European-American
    Ethnicity
    British-American
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31

0 Not allowed!

Chapter 50 : The Seventh Great Race War - The Amerinds

As if the Aerminds had any concept of race or race war. They were merely fighting against a superior foe for the survival of their cultures and for the possession of lands that their peoples had lived on since, according to their folklore, the beginning.

A long time ago, when people learned I was an Indian, they would say, "I'm sorry, but you're an Indian." They said it to make me feel inferior. I learned afterwards that I was a racist for a while. But I learned from my elders you must love all people that walk on this earth. So I changed after I listened to the chiefs in the council talk about being a racist. Racism didn't come from the Indians. It came from the colonists. Indians didn't know what a racist was.

That comment by the late Leon Shenandoah, Tadodaho (high chief) or the Iroquois, has stuck with me, ever since I read it in a book written about the old chief's beliefs. Amerinds had none of the concepts of race and ethnicity that exist today, yet the puerile "A History of the White Race" portrays the many and largely unconnected conflicts between Europeans and Amerinds in stark terms: it was a "race war." I've read more than a few interviews with Native chiefs, shamans, and such, and there's no real hatred in them for whites, more a sense of pity that the "white brothers" (I've seen this term used more than once, largely by spiritual leaders) have lost their way (i.e. the gifts of the Creator).

Chief Shenandoah felt that the vast majority of whites were like this, lost and inventing new ways to replace the original ways that they lost in the mad scramble for land and power. He spoke of "Original Instructions" passed from the Creator, and kept alive in ceremonies by the Iroquois; when an Iroquois returns to the old ways, he likened it to returning to planting and farming (as agriculture prefigured in old Iroquois society). Whites, Shenandoah felt, were largely cut off from their own "Original Instructions" and needed to find a way back to them.

Far more than savages, the Amerinds have a very sublime belief in the balance between man, different races, and nature.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    02-11-2022 @ 10:36 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    -
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 47

0 Not allowed!

WtF? A racial war?
    The amerinds were killing each other since centuries before any european arrived to America .
    That´s why the spaniards could conquer America with just a few hundreds hungry men. Because they´ve got the support of many oppresed amerindian tribes like the Tlaxcala for example

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European-American
    Ethnicity
    British-American
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Falkata View Post
    WtF? A racial war?
    The amerinds were killing each other since centuries before any european arrived to America .
    That´s why the spaniards could conquer America with just a few hundreds hungry men. Because they´ve got the support of many oppresed amerindian tribes like the Tlaxcala for example
    Psuedo-history imo, like the nonsensical "Black Athena" thesis.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European-American
    Ethnicity
    British-American
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Pallamedes View Post
    Psuedo-history imo, like the nonsensical "Black Athena" thesis.
    I was referring to March of the Titans as psuedo-history, jut to make things clear.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    02-17-2014 @ 06:43 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    --
    Ethnicity
    --
    Country
    Vatican
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18

0 Not allowed!

The funny thing is that Kemp looks like a mongrel compared to muslim kings of Granada.

An etruscan legionary of Rome San Galgano's Avatar
    Last Online
    12-07-2012 @ 12:26 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    ancient italic
    Ethnicity
    etrusco-latin
    Ancestry
    Rasennas from Etruria.
    Country
    Italy
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 51

0 Not allowed!

Lol this passage about Rome:

The importation of these racially alien slaves impacted upon the demographics of Rome over a period of time. The numbers of slaves must have been tremendous: there were enough of them to form their own 70,000 strong army, as happened in 73 BC, when the slave leader Spartacus led the famous slave uprising. It took an entire Roman army to suppress that uprising - but still the practice of slavery continued, and was to ultimately cost the Romans their very existence itself.

To begin with Spartacus was a Thracian and his two fidel corporals were two celts-Crixus and Oenomaus- not africans, nor middle easterners.
    Second i would like to know why his army of 70000 person should bother him since they could also be all thracians, celts, and germans for what we know about.
    Third, the impact of slaves in Rome has been dismounted several times from a genetic point of view and for the low average life of slaves (17,5 years)
    The fall of Rome was not caused by slaves or costume degenarations(i thought this was already clear, and specified many times from several serious historicians)but from new waves of people pushing from north east, a major germanization of the army asking for more power etc.
    Wtf, the last years of the empire was caracterized by an army composed almost exclusively by Ghots and Franks and the last roman emperor was deposed by Odoacre who called himself "Rex Italie".

If middle easterners and africans were so much why didn't they take the power at the place of Germans?
    ------------------------------------------------------
    REJOICE, 0 Florence, since thou art so great,
    That over sea and land thou beatest thy wings,
    And throughout Hell thy name is spread abroad !

Canto XXVI Inferno-Dante Alighieri-

------------------------------------------------------

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European-American
    Ethnicity
    British-American
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Pallamedes View Post
    Chapter 50 : The Seventh Great Race War - The Amerinds
    I did some more digging online and came up with this speech by the famous Seneca Red Jacket, in defense of his native religion against Christian missionizers. Again, this is just my attempt to rebut the stupid notion that the Amerinds were, and are, savage louts (as March of the Titans suggests). Yes, I have Seneca (and Cayuga) forefathers, and no something of the old tribal lore; it offends me highly when some outside commentator with an agenda makes such bald assumptions about my red kin. The Seneca are one of the Six Nations of the Iroquois League, which has been what we'd call a democratic confederation for at least a millenium (or when Europe was still ruled by feudal monarchs claiming the divine right of kings).

"Red Jacket Defends Native American Religion, 1805."

http://historymatters.gmu.edu/d/5790/

The entire speech is worth reading, but this is the important portion of Red Jacket's words.

Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit; if there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agree, as you can all read the book (i.e. the Bible)?

Brother, we do not understand these things. We are told that your religion was given to your forefathers, and has been handed down from father to son. We also have a religion which was given to our forefathers, and has been handed down to us their children. We worship that way. It teacheth us to be thankful for all the favors we receive; to love each other, and to be united. We never quarrel about religion.

Brother, the Great Spirit has made us all; but he has made a great difference between his white and red children; he has given us a different complexion, and different customs; to you he has given the arts; to these he has not opened our eyes; we know these things to be true. Since he has made so great a difference between us in other things, why may we not conclude that he has given us a different religion according to our understanding. The Great Spirit does right; he knows what is best for his children; we are satisfied.

Brother, we do not wish to destroy your religion, or take it from you; we only want to enjoy our own.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information