Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Europe in China's eyes (The positives. Maybe :D)

Last Online
    07-16-2018 @ 02:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    Sino-Tibetan
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 883
    Given: 1,765

10 Not allowed!

Default Europe in China's eyes (The positives. Maybe :D)

Russia (I've always felt a special bond to Slavs and the people of Siberia/Central Asia) myself

UK

To the British here, sorry for the gay stereotypes. Too much boy love novels (and most of it from those Japanese ) does scary things to the mind.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-22-2019 @ 07:44 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Doggatronix Rex
    Ethnicity
    alien
    Ancestry
    DadsMTDNA-rare bantu. X chromosome- Llama peoples.iberian & gallician fags. Berbers & canarians
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Amazigh
    Y-DNA
    Neolithic eastern mediterranean
    mtDNA
    Noble natives
    Hero
    RossFractal(wise bearded one) https://s2.postimg.org/6uxdm1czd/bandicam_2017-08-05_01-21-16-584.jpg
    Religion
    Infidel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,848
    Given: 3,647

1 Not allowed!

sock account. probably butler king

Veteran Member crazyladybutterfly's Avatar
    Last Online
    02-13-2021 @ 03:00 PM
    Ethnicity
    caucasian
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,991
    Given: 21,752

2 Not allowed!

even chinese have the stereotypr that english women are ugly wtf lol who spread these ideas?
    http://www.theapricity.com/forum/att...0&d=1471874957

Quote Originally Posted by al-Bosni View Post
    I also have nails that I can use as a weapon.
    https://www.theapricity.com/forum/at...8&d=1509531094

Last Online
    03-27-2021 @ 12:58 PM
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    60% NE Asian
    Country
    Russia
    Y-DNA
    C3 (M217) Siberian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,310
    Given: 1,215

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Taiji View Post
    Europe in China's eyes (The positives. Maybe )
    Is a perception of Russia among mainlanders better then a perception of their other neighbors or not?

Do chinese people treat russians more friendlier than their treat other neighbors like vietnamese, koreans, filipinos, etc. or less friendlier? I guess they perceived as typical europeans and they associated with any possible stereotype that white people had.

One guy on the other forum told me that there is a common stereotype in China that russian girls are hookers. It originated in the northern regions bordering Russia where is a plenty of russian women serving rich people. Can you prove it or not?

What is a general perception of people with mixed background who are half russian and half han?

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    60% NE Asian
    Country
    Russia
    Y-DNA
    C3 (M217) Siberian
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin View Post
    sock account. probably butler king
    This guy is not sock puppet and he is definitely not ButlerKing.
    You can trust my word.

Last Online
    04-09-2019 @ 02:14 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Sinid
    Ethnicity
    Han Chinese
    Ancestry
    The Celestial Empire
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    mtDNA
    You can mtDNA this!
    Taxonomy
    Nordsinid/Tungid
    Hero
    Yo momma last night
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28,799
    Given: 25,904

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by knowledge is king View Post
    Is a perception of Russia among mainlanders better then a perception of their other neighbors or not?

Do chinese people treat russians more friendlier than their treat other neighbors like vietnamese, koreans, filipinos, etc. or less friendlier? I guess they perceived as typical europeans and they associated with any possible stereotype that white people had.

One guy on the other forum told me that there is a common stereotype in China that russian girls are hookers. It originated in the northern regions bordering Russia where is a plenty of russian women serving rich people. Can you prove it or not?

What is a general perception of people with mixed background who are half russian and half han?
    I think perceptions are mixed. But generally a Russian who can speak Chinese will be treated warmly.

Last Online
    04-09-2019 @ 02:14 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Sinid
    Ethnicity
    Han Chinese
    Ancestry
    The Celestial Empire
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    mtDNA
    You can mtDNA this!
    Taxonomy
    Nordsinid/Tungid
    Hero
    Yo momma last night
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28,799
    Given: 25,904

5 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by knowledge is king View Post

Koreans who speak Chinese are generally treated almost like they are Chinese. There are 3 million ethnic Koreans in NE China, and they identify as Chinese rather than with Korea because they are actually less discriminated by fellow Chinese than by Koreans from Korea.

I don't think there are strong feelings against Vietnamese or Filipinos. It's different than in Korea and Japan, which are very homogeneous. I think the key thing is if they can speak Chinese, if Viets and Filipinos can speak Chinese, they can probably assimilate pretty well. Vietnamese especially as they already have a lot of East Asian background. It depends on the region as well. Filipinos can probably assimilate much easier into some Southern provinces phenotypically than they can into some Northern provinces.

Attitudes towards Russians also vary greatly depending on the region. In the South, Russians are utterly foreign and they are rarely seen. In the North, and especially in the Northeast, people are very familiar with Russian culture. There's also a running joke that to Northeasterners, Russia is like a "big brother" because they absorbed many Russian cultural influences during the 50s and the 60s. Also, they love to drink a lot of hard alcohol including vodka and all the traditional Chinese baijiu, so Russians are a very familiar people in that region. Many men also see Russian women as very attractive catches.

In the Northeast, there are some stereotypes about Russian women working as prostitutes but that was more the case during the 90s because of the collapse of the USSR, nowadays, there are a lot of Russians in the region but most are normal people. To Southern Chinese, Russians are pretty foreign, as far as Europid type peoples, they are much more familiar with and accustomed to Western Europeans and Americans (especially in areas like Shanghai/Guangdong, etc)
    Last edited by zhaoyun; 09-26-2016 at 02:38 PM.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    60% NE Asian
    Country
    Russia
    Y-DNA
    C3 (M217) Siberian
    Thumbs Up

4 Not allowed!

There is a youtube channels of Russians in China.
    They make the same content as many american youtubers do it.
    But from the point of russian native about local traditions and how they understand it.

> https://www.youtube.com/user/channelmadeinchina
    This channel I recommend. This guy lives in Guangzhou and talks mostly about Guandong province and Hong Kong.
    He describes his life in Guangdong province from the point of russian native.

> https://www.youtube.com/user/DenvasTV/featured
    Also this channel worth to be mentioned. This person lives in northern China and Beijing in particular.
    According to my observations they both completely do not understand people and local traditions.

People in China answering basic questions about Russia.
    What do you think about Putin? What famous russians do you know?

Here people on the streets of Guangzhou telling their opinion about war in Ukraine. This is very important topic for Russians.
    There is two questions was asked. What do you think about war in Ukraine? and how do you perceive actions of Russia in that conflict?

In the streets of Moscow casual russian people talk what they know about China and chinese people.

Common stereotypes about Russia in China that this azeri guy could pick.
    1. In Russia lives only russian people, and there is no other ethnicities in Russia absolutely, 2. Russians speak english language, 3. Russians are fat people, 4. Russians drink vodka, 5. Putin is greatest Russian leader, 6. Russia is a cold country.

Last Online
    07-16-2018 @ 02:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    Sino-Tibetan
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 883
    Given: 1,765

2 Not allowed!

It's the globalization bug. Resistance is futile, there is no impenetrable culture left

Banned
    Last Online
    02-19-2020 @ 11:36 AM
    Ethnicity
    Proud citizen of Hungaristan
    Country
    Hungary
    Politics
    Pro-Circumcision, Gorid Nationalism
    Hero
    Ultra
    Religion
    Anti-Antimage
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,960
    Given: 9,127

1 Not allowed!

I noticed that chinese people are into English Premier League. Is soccer/football a popular sport to play in China?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information