Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Atheists 'have higher IQs': Their intelligence 'makes them more likely to dismiss religion as irrati

Banned
    Last Online
    07-18-2020 @ 08:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    prehistoric peoples
    Country
    Kyrgyzstan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,839
    Given: 341

1 Not allowed!

Banned
    Last Online
    03-06-2022 @ 05:21 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    NBK
    Ethnicity
    Black Finn
    Country
    Finland
    Region
    Texas
    Taxonomy
    Kylälahtic/Australoid, NEOMORPH
    Politics
    Santeri Alkio
    Hero
    Action Jackson
    Religion
    Steel Eight
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,608
    Given: 1,825

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious Stranger View Post
    You don't understand what emotional intelligence is. Manipulators have high emotional intelligence. The manipulated have low emotional intelligence. Most extremely religious people fall into the category of lambs led to slaughter which means they have low emotional intelligence.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Religion
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,420
    Given: 12,533

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by OldBronzeBell View Post
    This is just from my own personal experiences, so I suppose you can take it with a grain of salt, but to me, atheists also have an advantage when it comes to intelligent exploration because they're not afraid to delve deep into certain topics that theists might find scary or potentially upsetting to their religion. For example, I was once on a long car trip with a friend, and to pass the time I thought I would have him listen to a lecture from Neil deGrasse Tyson (brilliant astrophysicist, one of my most favorite intellectuals of all time), and he got extremely upset and refused to allow me to play the recording because he didn't want anything that could potentially challenge his beliefs or give him the faintest idea of reconsideration on his philosophy.

I do disagree though that theists aren't as capable of great scientific achievement as atheists are, but what I'm saying is that atheists do have a clear advantage overall because they are not obstructed by psychological religious boundaries.
    Neil i think is just a good speaker, a tv face. Many others are smarter than him i think.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    NBK
    Ethnicity
    Black Finn
    Country
    Finland
    Region
    Texas
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Santeri Alkio
    Hero
    Action Jackson
    Religion
    Steel Eight
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

You can see it like this: a highly emotional child or a woman does not have high emotional IQ simply because she/it has a lot of hissyfits.

It just means she/it can not control hers/it's emotions. Thus has low emotional IQ.

Last Online
    10-12-2018 @ 03:01 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    Canada
    Taxonomy
    Not sure (yet)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 2

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tietar View Post
    The atheist is a fundamentalist, he has a belief: the non-existence of god, he has no doubt that god does not exist, even though it has not been possible to prove it, and it is impossible to make him doubt the contrary.

I do not see any difference between a religious and an atheist
    You know, a lot of atheists do get angry when you point this out. Still, even as an atheist myself, I can still seem some logic in your argument, even though it would most likely upset my peers.

You're absolutely right - I'm basing my my assumption that god doesn't exist on a fundamental belief - but how I came to that fundamental belief diverges from how most religious people get their own, in my opinion. I looked at all different religions, read the bible cover to cover, (I was raised Christian so it was the easiest for me to pick up on) researched the other Abrahamic religions and even took an interest in east Asian spirituality, and then I began delving into scientific theory and Darwinism. I went back and forth with a lot of things, but I ultimately came to my own conclusion not wholly by blind faith, but by taking the evidence presented to me and putting it together the best I could. For an analogy, it was kind of like putting together a puzzle with no clear picture at the end, you're just sticking the pieces that fit together and hoping for the best looking end result.

Maybe some atheists blindly adhere to scientific theory because it's new and exciting - it's defiant of a mainstream culture that has been part of human society for countless millennia. But certainly not all atheists are like that - or at least not me personally. Like I said, I took the evidence that was available to me and made the best sense of it that I could. I'll never claim that I know all the answers - in fact I'm sure you know of a famous individual that once said the smartest man in the world is the man who admits he knows nothing.

But the thing I feel that I do different from religious people and certain other atheists on a personal level, however, is that I put my 'faith' in neither religion nor science. Rather, I trust in myself that I had the thirst for knowledge to probe deep into different parts of universal order, and that I came to my own conclusion. In essence, I'm not putting faith in science or religion - I'm certainly incorporating some sequences from the former - but above all, I'm simply putting faith in myself, that I made the right choices, and nothing more.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    NBK
    Ethnicity
    Black Finn
    Country
    Finland
    Region
    Texas
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Santeri Alkio
    Hero
    Action Jackson
    Religion
    Steel Eight
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

According to my mom I was the sweetest baby. I never cried or had hissyfits. This was because I was very aware from early on, I was born old.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-05-2018 @ 12:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    Ülülü
    Ancestry
    Illyrian
    Country
    Macedonia
    Region
    Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality
    Politics
    Necessarily Ominous
    Hero
    Angra Mahin'yu
    Religion
    Rosacrucian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,987
    Given: 5,521

1 Not allowed!

Human IQ is decreasing. Atheism is increasing. Atheism is default now. Masses generally are not intelligent. Atheism now belongs to the masses.

All Atheist high IQ mostly manifests in high school jokes such as "hur hurrr fairytales" or "hur urrr I put a bible in the SciFi section". All my debates with atheists show they have both an analytical and emotional intelligence far behind optimal persons.

Some atheists are too dumb they even start directly parrot Christian stuff with some altered words, to the point of becoming absolutist.
    "U gotz to decide between religien and scienz"

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    NBK
    Ethnicity
    Black Finn
    Country
    Finland
    Region
    Texas
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Santeri Alkio
    Hero
    Action Jackson
    Religion
    Steel Eight
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Revival View Post
    Human IQ is decreasing. Atheism is increasing. Atheism is default now. Masses generally are not intelligent. Atheism now belongs to the masses.

All Atheist high IQ mostly manifests in high school jokes such as "hur hurrr fairytales" or "hur urrr I put a bible in the SciFi section". All my debates with atheists show they have both an analytical and emotional intelligence far behind optimal persons.

Some atheists are too dumb they even start directly parrot Christian stuff with some altered words, to the point of becoming absolutist.
    Why did they banned Pepe?

Banned
    Last Online
    03-05-2018 @ 12:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    Ülülü
    Ancestry
    Illyrian
    Country
    Macedonia
    Region
    Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality
    Politics
    Necessarily Ominous
    Hero
    Angra Mahin'yu
    Religion
    Rosacrucian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,987
    Given: 5,521

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Harkonnen View Post
    Why did they banned Pepe?
    Crucified for your sins.

Last Online
    10-12-2018 @ 03:01 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    Canada
    Taxonomy
    Not sure (yet)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 2

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Revival View Post

I actually agree with you about this. A good portion of atheists of today are immature teenagers that want to argue for the sake of argument. I generally like to keep my distance from this crowd, as they make the rest of us look terribly bad.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information