Hero
    Kazimiera
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,074
    Given: 1,690

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by adsız View Post
    Timothy 2:11-15

Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness. I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet.

Deuteronomy 22:5

“A woman shall not wear a man's garment, nor shall a man put on a woman's cloak, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord your God.

Peter 3:1-22

Likewise, wives, be subject to your own husbands, so that even if some do not obey the word, they may be won without a word by the conduct of their wives, when they see your respectful and pure conduct. Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear— but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious. For this is how the holy women who hoped in God used to adorn themselves, by submitting to their own husbands, ...

Ephesians 5:33

However, let each one of you love his wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.

Genesis 3:16

To the woman he said, “I will surely multiply your pain in childbearing; in pain you shall bring forth children. Your desire shall be for your husband, and he shall rule over you.”

Corinthians 11:3

But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of a wife is her husband, and the head of Christ is God.

Matthew 19:9

And I say to you: whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery.”

1 Timothy 5:1-2 ESV / 12 helpful votes

Do not rebuke an older man but encourage him as you would a father, younger men as brothers, older women as mothers, younger women as sisters, in all purity.

Genesis 3:16-19

To the woman he said, “I will surely multiply your pain in childbearing; in pain you shall bring forth children. Your desire shall be for your husband, and he shall rule over you.” And to Adam he said, “Because you have listened to the voice of your wife and have eaten of the tree of which I commanded you, ‘You shall not eat of it,’ cursed is the ground because of you; in pain you shall eat of it all the days of your life; thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for you; and you shall eat the plants of the field. By the sweat of your face you shall eat bread, till you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken; for you are dust, and to dust you shall return.”

Titus 2:1-4

But as for you, teach what accords with sound doctrine. Older men are to be sober-minded, dignified, self-controlled, sound in faith, in love, and in steadfastness. Older women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They are to teach what is good, and so train the young women to love their husbands and children,

Corinthians 11:7

For a man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God, but woman is the glory of man.

Leviticus 21:9

"And the daughter of any priest, if she profane herself by playing the whore, she profaneth her father: she shall be burnt with fire."

Deuteronomy 25:11-12

"When men strive together one with another, and the wife of the one draweth near for to deliver her husband out of the hand of him that smiteth him, and putteth forth her hand, and taketh him by the secrets: then thou shalt cut off her hand, thine eye shall not pity her."

Leviticus 12:2

Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, If a woman have conceived seed, and born a man child: then she shall be unclean seven days; according to the days of the separation for her infirmity shall she be unclean.
    Leviticus 12:5
    But if she bear a maid child, then she shall be unclean two weeks, as in her separation: and she shall continue in the blood of her purifying threescore and six days.

Revelation 2:22-23

Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts

Judges 19:24-25

"Behold, here is my daughter a maiden, and his concubine; them I will bring out now, and humble ye them, and do with them what seemeth good unto you: but unto this man do not so vile a thing. But the men would not hearken to him: so the man took his concubine, and brought her forth unto them; and they knew her, and abused her all the night until the morning: and when the day began to spring, they let her go.

Deuteronomy 22:22-24

"If a man be found lying with a woman married to an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her;"
    "Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city; and the man, because he hath humbled his neighbour's wife: so thou shalt put away evil from among you."

Corinthians 14:34-35

"Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church."

Hosea 13:16

"Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up."

Eccles. 25:22

"Of the woman came the beginning of sin, and through her we all die."

Eccles. 26:9-10

"The whoredom of a woman may be known in her haughty looks and eyelids. If thy daughter be shameless, keep her in straitly, lest she abuse herself through overmuch liberty."

Eccles. 26:14-15

"A silent and loving woman is a gift of the Lord.."

Eccles.26:25

"A shameless woman shall be counted as a dog; but she that is shamefaced will fear the Lord."

Source: Bible
    the point is that in western countries people , even those who call themselves christians ,don't give that importance to the bible ....while in islamic world ....islam is at the centre . no priest or pastor teach to respect and apply those bible advises . Problem is not islam or christianity , the problem is the people

Insufferable by many Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Antarctica
    Politics
    Bros over hoes
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,269
    Given: 13,631

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Frank Grimes View Post
    The standard of living wasn't so drastically different 100 years ago between regions of the world than they are today. If you were an average person your life wasn't any less shitty living in London than if you lived in Bombay.

By 'liberal cuckery' for child labor rights? Woman's rights? The ability to go about your business without being bothered?
    No, I don't mean that by liberal cuckery. I mean destroying everything - aka sucking everyone's cock. Do you need everything drawn?

You did not address my argument.
    What do I need to address? It was written first time sometime in the 1st century like you said, probably 1st century BC.

Under your reasoning they would be considering both come from drastically different ancient civilizations and even races.
    I am telling you precisely otherwise. I am trying to say that is what you are trying to tell me. Stay with me.

I'll tell this to Christian missionaries who wish to spread the word of God to keep it to themselves so they don't cuck non-Europeans.
    There you go, you are more of a cuck than priest are. Jk.

So under your reasoning Europeans have been cucks for 1700 years. It's not a religion derived from Europeans. St. Paul is the most important figure in creating how we view Christianity today and he was a Jew.
    I am telling you precisely otherwise.

I don't want to delete anything. You make many assumptions despite the clarity of my posts. I've even said in this thread I'm not opposed to Christianity because its a form of social control that keeps weak minded people behaved. It's the 'noble lie.' But I'm not going to pretend it isn't what it is: for child-like people.
    Too many assumptions here.

For some reason I get the impression you think I'm a Buddhist and hence all this cuck talk ('omg! A poster pointed out another religion has likely influenced my own... It must mean he adheres to that religion!!!"). I am not.
    It did not even cross my mind.

I'm just using your reasoning against you. It's irrelevant that Christianity is part of Western culture for 1,700 years if you believe you're a cuck if you adopt other people's cultural traditions if you think they have merit. It is actually revealing that you base truth not on whether there is evidence for or against an idea but rather on whether you were born into that culture. If some thing is true it's true regardless of culture. If Jesus was the son of God then why wouldn't you want to share that with people across the world? Oh, but you'd make them cucks. If Buddhism is the legitimate religion then wouldn't it be more important that you know the truth of our universe than whether it comes from a man from the other side of the world?
    If I say I do want to share that with the people accross the world you would repeat the same thing with priests above or say that I am a hypocrite for wanting to impose something onto others. We can discuss this endlessly. If I say no you would say what kind of Christian I am and so on the way you put it. I do want to share that with the people accross the world, but the thing is that cucks like you are destroying the Christianity. I am actually at the same time admiring Asian nations in some aspects. I said nothing about others being cucks until you first mentioned that Europeans are cucks for taking the Middle Eastern religion. Do you need everything spelled?

You mean there where people actively spreading Buddhism and by spreading I mean moving out of the Indian sub-continent? You're a terrible debater. What does the spread of Buddhism in China have to do with some ideas filtering into the Middle East? Some guys can cross into China but they magically can't go to other regions with just as formidable natural obstacles? Ideas don't spread through trade?

What I say isn't Earth shattering as you point out and nor did I claim it was. If it was my belief only I'd have to keep quiet since I'm not an academic on the subject but as you pointed out earlier 'zillion Westerners..." I guess they're all just anti-Christian. I don't care if Christianity was influenced b Buddhism. It doesn't change my world view at all. It does matter to you as anyone can plainly see. The more emotionally erratic person doesn't come across as the more informed and objective on any subject. You don't come across as someone who will accept truth regardless of what the truth may be.
    Ok, fair enough.

Why? It's well known and you clearly don't care.
    Me being a good Christian as I am, researched all this, so I do care. So, please shoot.

Buddha may not have existed either. My life isn't exactly shattered by it. How you doing?
    Glass of milk near my laptop before the bed, recumbent, raised legs and yawning (not because its bed time). Doing just fine.

It's not necessary to say who is or is not educated. People's posts speak for themselves.

Don't be so fearful. "Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering." - Yoda
    Awww.

Insufferable by many Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Antarctica
    Politics
    Bros over hoes
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,269
    Given: 13,631

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Petros Agapetos View Post
    Timothy 2:11-15

"Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness. I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet."

Peter 3:1-22

"Likewise, wives, be subject to your own husbands, so that even if some do not obey the word, they may be won without a word by the conduct of their wives, when they see your respectful and pure conduct. Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear— but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious. For this is how the holy women who hoped in God used to adorn themselves, by submitting to their own husbands, ..."

Ephesians 5:33

However, let each one of you love his wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.

Corinthians 11:3

But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of a wife is her husband, and the head of Christ is God.

Matthew 19:9

And I say to you: whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery.”

1 Timothy 5:1-2

Do not rebuke an older man but encourage him as you would a father, younger men as brothers, older women as mothers, younger women as sisters, in all purity.

Titus 2:1-4

But as for you, teach what accords with sound doctrine. Older men are to be sober-minded, dignified, self-controlled, sound in faith, in love, and in steadfastness. Older women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They are to teach what is good, and so train the young women to love their husbands and children,

Corinthians 11:7

For a man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God, but woman is the glory of man.

Revelation 2:22-23

"Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts."

Corinthians 14:34-35

"Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church."
    The point of posting this is? The point is that you need to read the thread.

Last Online
    05-22-2023 @ 01:22 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    East Caucasian
    Ethnicity
    Armenian
    Country
    Canada
    Region
    Alberta
    Taxonomy
    East Alpine - East Med
    Politics
    Secular Liberal, Progressive Leftist
    Hero
    Christopher Hitchens, Sam Harris, Robert Spencer, Bernie Sanders, Atheism-is-Unstoppable
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,051
    Given: 756

0 Not allowed!

Women's rights in Islam:
    Testimony in court is worth half of a man's testimony before a sharia law court.
    The life of a woman is worth less than that of a man's.
    All around the world women are being forced to hide in beekeeper suits, or else they get a beating (Chapter 4 V34, Quran).

At least you can't fault Christianity for all this?

Last Online
    04-01-2017 @ 12:05 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    1/4 English, 1/4 Finnish, 1/8 Swedish, 1/8 French, 1/8 Northern Italian, 1/8 Southern Italian
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Christian-Calvinist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 50
    Given: 47

0 Not allowed!

Regardless of what we think now, in its time it is fairly undeniable that Christianity was a religion that actually empowered women ... so much so that Christianity was called a religion of "slaves and women" by some of the Romans who looked down upon it.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread Information