Anglo-Canadian
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,096
    Given: 24,273

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Breathe View Post
    I was born in one of the most diverse cities in USA: New York City. I have met a person from almost every type of background. Did you know that there are some New Yorkers who speak languages even today that are extinct In Europe?
    I don't think so. There are as many as 800 languages spoken in New York City, and nowhere in the world has more than Queens, according to the Endangered Language Alliance (ELA). And many of these languages are not European, I'm pretty sure the only way you get to 800 is by counting every dialect you possibly can.

Spoiler!

Plus they don't seem to provide any sources, only that they 'estimate' there being 800. Not saying this is incorrect, but I remember during the 2012 Olympic bidding that New York put forward the statement "more than 200 languages are spoken daily" then removed it when London countered with "more than 300 languages are spoken daily". It went from <300 to ~800 in 10 years.

Spoiler!

LaGuardia Community College used to say that they had over 200 languages spoken on campus. I didn't even know there were that many languages actively spoken in the world, let alone in one single dinky community college.

Quote Originally Posted by Breathe View Post
    Anyways, I have never seen aboriginal Australians. I wonder if we have any here.
    Nope. Aborigines from Australia are a small minority. I don't think they own any grocery stores in NYC, considering the fact there are less than 100 abos that own and operate stores in Australia alone. Few Aborigines have the work ethic to own a small business, let alone the self restraint and financial acumen to keep the business afloat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    We GrecoRomansIberians once did the mistake of civilizing these cave-dwellers ,I suggest we make an alliance with muslims to accelerate their takeover
    Quote Originally Posted by renaissance12 View Post
    Scandinavia is not Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    It's OK to date girls 16+ they are not children remember the old song 'sweet sixteen'
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Whites are often jealous of Blacks for their athleticism, creative talent and sexual prowess.

Senior Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    02-17-2024 @ 02:58 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Country
    Singapore
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 61
    Given: 7

0 Not allowed!

I’m likewise curious about whether any Amerindians ever went to Australasia. I don’t want to go as far as to say none at all, because that’s a bold claim in an age of travel, globalization and overpopulation, but I can’t find any information about this online at all.

I don’t just mean people with Amerindian ancestry, I mean pure or almost pure Amerindians, because a lot of people have Native American ancestry and like to say that they’re “Indian”, but to me that’s not the same thing as being really Native American, that’s just having ancestry, maybe a reason is because alot of people want organizational and government benefits. There seems to be a similar situation regarding Australian aboriginals.

There doesn’t seem to be much of a history and information about natives of the New Worlds, which I understand means the Americas and Australasian, visiting the Old World, and of natives of the Americas and Australasia visiting each other, and especially outside of Europe, like native Americans and Australasians visiting Africa, Asia and the Middle East.

There’s much more a history of native Americans in Europe than there is for Aboriginal Australians, Maori and Pacific Islanders in Europe, I can’t seem to find any information about native australasians abroad at all. Maybe that’s not surprising as Europe and America are just across the Atlantic from each other, in contrast to Australasia. Native American presence in Europe dates all the way back to Columbus as he brought some back to the royal court, and I recall that Squanto lived in Europe for a while before returning to America, look him up if you don’t know who he is. Most native Americans in Europe throughout history seem to have been chiefs visiting Europe for diplomatic reasons, and I recall circuses and exhibitions as well for the last two centuries. I can find no such equivalents for Australasian natives. Natives of both New Worlds seem to have been very susceptible to Old World diseases, it’s a wonder how native Americans managed to travel to Europe and survived.

https://www.oxfordbibliographies.com...30414-0203.xml

It would be cool or neat if any Australian aboriginals went to Africa. I know there’s been a lot of Africans in Australia since the 2000s.

This may not be related, but I know that West Papuans Australoids often end up elsewhere in Indonesia, usually Java, which is logical because it’s in the same country, but I’m not aware of any australoids being elsewhere in Asia or the rest of the world for that matter.
    Last edited by Homo Insapiens; 09-19-2021 at 03:27 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information