Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are the cops like in your country?

Last Online
    05-14-2017 @ 08:59 PM
    Made in Ukraine and transported to America
    Meta-Ethnicity
    From the land of Slavs
    Ethnicity
    Ukrainian
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Boringggg
    Hero
    Trinity God
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,310
    Given: 3,146

0 Not allowed!

Frustrating.

They always think im up to trouble. I should just carry a box of donuts for them...

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtiberian
    Ethnicity
    Andalusian from Seville
    Country
    Spain
    Taxonomy
    Grazilmediterranid
    Politics
    Autocratic
    Hero
    René Descartes
    Religion
    Cartesian
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,241
    Given: 7,078

1 Not allowed!

I never got in trouble here, but I heard the cops here use more physical force than the ones in America. In all shopping malls you have to go through a body scanner machine where male and female cops/security-guards are guarding at scene with a big ass shotgun, as well as other guards all over the mall. The cops tend to be quite friendly unless you do something really suspicious. Jails/prisons in Philippines are much shittier compared to US ones; the government doesn't really have the money to develop 1st world type of prisons. In US prisons it is much cleaner and organized in comparison with much more luxuries such as an extensive commissary list and facilities such as gym and library; nothing really like that in Philippine prisons.

I found US cops tend to be more suspicious when some dude is walking around residential areas very late at night. They'd be like "What are you doing out late this night?"; [response]: "Oh nothing, just going out for a late night walk. Is there something wrong with that?" [cop]: "Well we get a lot of car thefts here. Plus it's getting late, shouldn't you be in bed now?" - Then a quick body search/ age check for curfew, and the end...In Manila they're not really as suspicious unless it's something obviously serious/a threat.

In Philippines it's much more rare to find cops patrolling Manila streets. On US streets I've observed the abundance of cops patrolling suburban streets in their cop cars. In Manila there are plenty of security guards everywhere, but less street-patrolling cop cars.
    Last edited by Iloko; 10-25-2016 at 08:30 PM.

Last Online
    04-03-2024 @ 09:57 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF27
    mtDNA
    J1c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,747
    Given: 3,217

0 Not allowed!

They are very helpful:

Last Online
    09-12-2021 @ 10:24 PM
    Ethnicity
    Rbst brrby
    Country
    India
    Taxonomy
    Negropolreby
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,302
    Given: 4,653

2 Not allowed!

They're stereotyped as being corrupt(taking bribes and shit) and inefficient, but I don't really blame them because they're underpaid.

They're basically controlled by the rich people/politicians in the area though, and they can be violent to you if you don't belong to these groups.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    01-03-2024 @ 08:43 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    ------
    Ethnicity
    ----------
    Country
    Georgia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,351
    Given: 1,018

3 Not allowed!

Cops in my country look like this )
    I can say that Georgian police is one of the best in the world, and not because of good looking woman, they really do great job.
    Georgia is among 3 top safest countries in the world.

Banned
    Last Online
    10-15-2022 @ 07:34 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic,Celtic
    Ethnicity
    BRIT
    Ancestry
    England,Ireland,Scotland, Germany,Alsace,Austria
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Amazigh
    mtDNA
    J1c3
    Politics
    Freedom
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,201
    Given: 9,778

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Shazouzu View Post
    I never got in trouble here, but I heard the cops here use more physical force than the ones in America. In all shopping malls you have to go through a body scanner machine where male and female cops/security-guards are guarding at scene, as well as other guards all over the mall. The cops tend to be quite friendly unless you do something really suspicious. Jails/prisons in Philippines are much shittier compared to US ones; the government doesn't really have the money to develop 1st world type of prisons. In US prisons it is much cleaner and organized in comparison with much more luxuries such as an extensive commissary list and facilities such as gym and library; nothing really like that in Philippine prisons.

I found US cops tend to be more suspicious when some dude is walking around residential areas very late at night. They'd be like "What are you doing out late this night?"; [response]: "Oh nothing, just going out for a late night walk. Is there something wrong with that?" [cop]: "Well we get a lot of car thefts here. Plus it's getting late, shouldn't you be in bed now?" - Then a quick body search/ age check for curfew, and the end...In Manila they're not really as suspicious unless it's something obviously serious/a threat.

In Philippines it's much more rare to find cops patrolling Manila streets. On US streets I've observed the abundance of cops patrolling suburban streets in their cop cars. In Manila there are plenty of security guards everywhere, but less street-patrolling cop cars.
    That's known as "field interrogation". They're not doing that because they want to hear your actual answers,they want to find inconsistencies in your story, examine your body language,see if you look nervous.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    01-03-2024 @ 08:43 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    ------
    Ethnicity
    ----------
    Country
    Georgia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,351
    Given: 1,018

3 Not allowed!

More georgian cops ))

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    Trondheim, Norway
    Country
    Canada
    Region
    British Columbia
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,828
    Given: 243

0 Not allowed!

Police in Canada aren't to bad, they aren't nearly as apt to shoot someone as a US cop, but they have been known to go overboard as well. There are a lot of female police, since I work with them, some are great, others meh.

Police here make a butt load of money, close to 6 figures in a relatively short time frame.

Best polo player on TA meninodeengenho's Avatar
    Last Online
    02-08-2017 @ 01:00 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Brazilian
    Ethnicity
    Black Brazilian
    Ancestry
    West African, some Portuguese
    Country
    Brazil
    Taxonomy
    Congoid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,583
    Given: 831

0 Not allowed!

It depends. If you are a middle/upper-class white person, they are cool with you. If you are a black person (regardless of conditions), they are likely to be less pleasant with you. With mixed person also depends, but I believe most have pleasant experience with cops.
    The police in some parts of the country regularly kill poor blacks or just poor people (white, mixed or black, whatsoever).
    Brasília, a capital da esperança

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:44 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic, Thracian, Romance
    Ethnicity
    Romanian/ Norwegian mix
    Ancestry
    Romanian (mother), Norwegian(father)
    Country
    Norway
    Region
    Oslo
    Y-DNA
    R-L48
    mtDNA
    W
    Politics
    Centrist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,426
    Given: 4,139

1 Not allowed!

First off all there are too many policewomen, that's just not good, especially since they never usually carry firearms on them.
    It's funny but I actually had a encounter with them like 2-3 weeks ago. Me and my buds were out at a club and off course we drank quite heavily. After we got home, which is like at 3 in the morning we thought that we should just get a friend to drive us home. No buses were going to where we lived so late and he had parked at a friend who lived close to the bus stop that still had buses going to it.
    We did that and the speed limit there was 30 km/h since it was many houses etc. Well my friend was slightly buzzed and lack of better judgement made him go 50 km/h(he does that all the time BTW, bad habit, especially in this situation).
    We had horrible luck and got pulled over. He said he only had 4 beers (lie, lol, he drank a lot of vodka). He got 0.04% alcohol in his blood (twice the limit here). He was nice, handled it well and got taken to the police station to get blood tested. If he is found out to be driving under the influence it could cost him his monthly salary (In Norway tickets are accounted for wage). We most likely had to chime in if he got the ticked, but he got his blood tested and got 0.019 which is hilarious, lol. The luck he had is incredible.
    Anyways back to topic. The police officers were a man and a woman. They were quite determined, but we were only 18 year old dudes in the car, who knows what would happen if we were different and acting up. They constantly told the guy that he should be driving if he isn't sure (he told them he wasn't sure he should be driving or not) etc. They basically acted like nice-ish parents, not the stereotypical "bad cop" in the movies. I think that the police officers in Norway are very good if you're a law abiding citizen, IDK how good they'd be in Detroit. They basically act like you're parent or teacher. Try to be nice and handle everything smoothly and peacefully. The most common complaint here is that they're not visible enough (they are not) and that they're too soft and not rough enough. The patience they have with degenerates like junkies who aren't cooperating is impressive TBH.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information