Religion
    Amun-Ra
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,048
    Given: 987

3 Not allowed!

Every few people are born to be confident in themself, I am a bit annoyed by the media portrayal of autism as a mental illness, making socializing as a kind of moral requirement, as if many those popular guys are all superior not only in their confidence also in their morality. This is the most misleading part, the worst would happen for people with weaker socializing tendency if they started to doubt their own personality, they would never be truly confident. There is nothing inherently wrong or ill to be an autistic, just remember that, however it may disable your ability to compete in the game of survival.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-17-2021 @ 06:27 PM
    Ethnicity
    Grk
    Country
    Greece
    Region
    Rhode Island
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,377
    Given: 5,220

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hexachordia View Post
    Every few people are born to be confident in themself, I am a bit annoyed by the media portrayal of autism as a mental illness, making socializing as a kind of moral requirement, as if many those popular guys are all superior not only in their confidence also in their morality. This is the most misleading part, the worst would happen for people with weaker socializing tendency if they started to doubt their own personality, they would never be truly confident. There is nothing inherently wrong or ill to be an autistic, just remember that, however it may disable your ability to compete in the game of survival.
    It's obvious that morally accepted is what the majority follows. Society is based off of idealisms.

Being confident or having low self esteem are different views of the same coin to me. On the first you are blinded by pride , on the second by shame. You need perfect balance of spirit , a positive type of solidity.

Banned
    Last Online
    12-28-2023 @ 04:51 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo imaginator
    Ethnicity
    East Asian
    Ancestry
    Zhuang Ethnic
    Country
    China
    Taxonomy
    Scion of Chaos
    Politics
    Order Of Chaos
    Hero
    President Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin
    Religion
    Amun-Ra
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Casandrinos View Post
    It's obvious that morally accepted is what the majority follows. Society is based off of idealisms.

Being confident or having low self esteem are different views of the same coin to me. On the first you are blinded by pride , on the second by shame. You need perfect balance of spirit , a positive type of solidity.
    Being good at socializing is not only a sign of self-confidence, there are many factors more important than self-confidence in socializing, that is self-asseritiveness(most of the time a form of hypocrasy) and projection of vested-interests. Confidence is a very vulnerable thing you are very correct about being told or telling others to be confident is very "gay"(futile) thing. Not sure if pride is relevant to self-assertiveness, many of popular guys are just not confident enough to bear the humiliation. Idealism is highly ethical and can be achieved through technical means, however, there is a huge dilemma that fewer people will have the guts to challenge. Overall balance is the best, but most of the time, it is difficult to all people, it would need to be a highly knowledgeable and experienced person to maintain that kind of quality for most of the time, that is, the BOSS. We all have to face to the difficulties in socializaing and survival, at the same time to protect and maintain your own personality(dignity,honor,individuality), it is a highly technical and challenging thing to do, if one gave up, no matter being confident or not, one will lost everything. Just never give up that fight for yourself, all the rest is noise.

Banned
    Last Online
    09-04-2017 @ 07:46 AM
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    New South Wales
    Taxonomy
    Who cares?
    Politics
    Non-aligned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,266
    Given: 1,491

3 Not allowed!

Confidence in men makes women feel secure and comfortable but it can also be a hallmark of ignorance.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-17-2021 @ 06:27 PM
    Ethnicity
    Grk
    Country
    Greece
    Region
    Rhode Island
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,377
    Given: 5,220

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hexachordia View Post
    Being good at socializing is not only a sign of self-confidence, there are many factors more important than self-confidence in socializing, that is self-asseritiveness and projection of vested-interests. Confidence is a very vulnerable thing you are very correct about being told or telling others to be confident is very "gay"(futile) thing. Not sure if pride is relevant to self-assertiveness, many of popular guys are just not confident enough to bear the humiliation. Idealism is highly ethical and can be achieved through technical means, however, there is a huge dilemma that fewer people will have the guts to challenge. Overall balance is the best, but most of the time, it is difficult to all people, it would need to be a highly knowledgeable and experienced person to maintain that kind of quality for most of the time, that is, the BOSS. We all have to face to the difficulties in socializaing and survival, at the same time to protect and maintain your own personality(dignity,honor,individuality), it is a highly technical and challenging thing to do, if one gave up, no matter being confident or not, one will lost everything. Just never give up that fight for yourself, all the rest is noise.
    To make myself clear, i divide confidence between the God given one and that of the average man which hides a lot of pride and weaknesses in it.But to not make it more complicated i decided to accept the later as the only one. I agree that all those guys afraid to deviate from the norm are not truly confident.

True confidence is linked with courage and above all virtue. Virtue can only be learned by doing the right things, which is God's word to me. Even then, confidence is something very fragile and requires great practice to use it beneficial.

Perhaps being humble and at the same time knowing that human knowledge is limited is the best thing as to not overestimate yourself and also not being afraid of socializing.

As for idealisms , i think they have the same double versed side with the God inspired one to be the real ideal. All these words are tools of manipulation without defining what is virtuous imo.

Banned
    Last Online
    12-28-2023 @ 04:51 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo imaginator
    Ethnicity
    East Asian
    Ancestry
    Zhuang Ethnic
    Country
    China
    Taxonomy
    Scion of Chaos
    Politics
    Order Of Chaos
    Hero
    President Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin
    Religion
    Amun-Ra
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Casandrinos View Post
    To make myself clear, i divide confidence between the God given one and that of the average man which hides a lot of pride and weaknesses in it.But to not make it more complicated i decided to accept the later as the only one. I agree that all those guys afraid to deviate from the norm are not truly confident.

True confidence is linked with courage and above all virtue. Virtue can only be learned by doing the right things, which is God's word to me. Even then, confidence is something very fragile and requires great practice to use it beneficial.

Perhaps being humble and at the same time knowing that human knowledge is limited is the best thing as to not overestimate yourself and also not being afraid of socializing.

As for idealisms , i think they have the same double versed side with the God inspired one to be the real ideal. All these words are tools of manipulation without defining what is virtuous imo.
    Socialization is a tool for either repressing the elites or a mean to achieve your own idealism. If one needs to achieve his ideals he/she will need to socialize, it is a matter of survival. But sometimes, under marxist regimes(marxist system is not a legal nation), society is monopolized by political interests and mafialike gangs, in such case, socialization become a tool of oppress people. This is no joke, survival in a marxist system combines the finest and evilest creeds of society. It is why from Russia and China appear so many peculiar people that excel in many things: math, socialization, spies, and why so many western people seem to venerate the dictators, they are all hypocrite! Am I derailing the thread? Sorry.

To deny something you do not know for sure is denying yourself, it is not just about God, it is about many innumerable things in our life. Why waste yourself onto denying something so hard if you do not care ? Idealism is not something less relevant, but something more real than the others, in both marxist and democratic societies, hypocrisy rules, the difference is only democracy destroys itself and marxism destroys everything, because of hypocrisy, people take self-denial as confidence, honesty as stupidity, this is a seign of social corruption and self-destruction, it is pervalent. Marxism takes hypocrisy to higher level, to enshrine and venerate hypocrisy. Atheism is no longer any relevant about denying God, but denying humanity in disguise, you know, by denying God anything can be theoretically denied of existence and distorted to another form. This is the point of atheism, let humanity fools themself.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,478
    Given: 5,059

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MONEY View Post
    Its called being couragous.
    I understand where you are coming from. Courage is about facing one's fears, but courage is also honest and real.

Not what I was referring to, what I was talking about is "confidence" used as a deceiving mechanism, somewhat a "fake bravado" that happens sometimes.
    Last edited by ÁGUIA; 10-30-2016 at 07:01 AM.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    10-09-2023 @ 07:07 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Country
    Greece
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,179
    Given: 12,243

2 Not allowed!

As long as confidence isn't linked with arrogance, there is nothing wrong with being confident with yourself.
    Confidence is faith on yourself, and know that you are good at. Not better than others , neither worst. Just believe in yourself and your abilities.
    This will help academically, in your job, romantically, in all of your life aspects actually.
    And don't confuse innovators and highly intelligence people with lack of confidence (while some might indeed are like this). And don't confuse isolation (if happened) with lack of confidence either.
    For some, there was arrogance that made them isolated and reclusive.
    For others , there was some kind of social syndrome (asperger).
    It also might be the need to focus on their academics, rather than socializing. That doesn't make them less confident, that makes them more focused.
    Quote Originally Posted by ÁGUIA View Post
    There is some truth in your words, no one is 100% confidence for start with, everybody has second guesses, doubts and it's ok to have those. A lot of the time this so called "confidence" is fake, is rehearsed and is sometimes a "strategy" developed to get to an end. Like two fighters in a staredown looking overly confidence but shitting on their pants in reality, or the typical confident guy hitting on a girl. Most of the time using "tactics" to fool girls, often bullshit, lies just to get laid
    Excessive confidence prevents one to evolve.
    Real confidence will let you take the next step, because you are expecting the success. It might not succeed , but believing in yourself will make you take the next step.
    How many great people have been lost from the world because they weren't sure of themselves to take the next. How many oportunities we all lost because we weren't sure about going the next step.
    Quote Originally Posted by peaceandfriendship View Post
    BTW - you having a picture of Pyrrhus as your avatar is the Albanian equivalent of Michael Jackson bleaching his skin white.

Resident SJW
    Last Online
    03-26-2018 @ 03:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,318
    Given: 363

0 Not allowed!

why do you get so emotional your paragraphs of emotions get jumbled up and no one has a clue on what your point is?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information