Religion
    Cultural Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,023
    Given: 16,803

1 Not allowed!

I do not see him being shadowed by his carnivore adversaries to be honest, you just have to stop comparing him with other guys that are competing in other categories, like ones who have 2 meters and 200 kg + He has 5 world records, give him some credit.
    YDNA: R1b-L21 > DF13 > S1051 > FGC17906 > FGC17907 > FGC17866

I was blind but now I see
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    02-27-2024 @ 12:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,656
    Given: 5,621

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Viriato View Post
    While that might be true, I do not think that your blood type will have an influence on what lifestyle you choose to have at the table for the rest of your life. Unlike some people, I was not raised or brought up as a vegan. I used to have a typical portuguese diet on a daily basis and I never felt that I was intolerant to any animal products and never felt they were distasteful. I was not even a big fan of vegetables and fruits at the time. I just researched on veganism for a few months, educated myself on the subject, read about the pros and cons and decided to become vegan and I am happy with it. I have been feeling great ever since as well, your body gets used to it unless of course you are extremly intolerant to certain ingredients, but people who are intolerant to non-dairy\animal products is a lot more uncommon than people who are intolerant to dairy\animal products.

Interesting website nevertheless, I will try to find out my blood type to investigate.
    I feel very good and energetic when i eat mostly meat (especially red meat) and i digested it very well. I tried a vegan diet for while (before i discovered Dr.D'Adamo studies about the blood type diet) and i felt horrible on many days. I also don't feel well when i eat alot of carbs (especially pastas) and dairy products. I also rarely have desire for sweets/cakes. The table of good/neutral/bad foods provided by the Blood type diet matches with me to a very high degree indeed and it has helped me to understand alot of things.

It is also due to genetics when it comes to bodybuilder champions and strongmen who have meat diets...not just because of their diet. What I wanted to say is that you can build muscle with a vegan diet as in a meat diet.

Also you are more likely to have diabetes and heart diseases on a meat diet, this is scientifically backed.
    The life expectancy of vegetarians and vegans is not higher than other people.

Companhia dos Leőes da Beira
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L21
    mtDNA
    H15
    Religion
    Cultural Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Slivovitz View Post
    Eat meat, fish, salads and exercise. People who push to extremes - dumbasses.
    Why being vegan is extreme? Human diet has been mostly vegan throughout our history. Only at this day and age we consume animal products on a daily basis. You do not have to go that far, 60 years ago my grandparents diet was mostly a vegan diet, they would eat meat or fish only on special ocasions.

Last Online
    03-26-2021 @ 04:06 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Comedian
    Ethnicity
    Puerto Rican , Sicilian , Jewish
    Ancestry
    The chosen ones
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    legendoid
    Politics
    Legalize it
    Religion
    Agnostic Athiest
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,099
    Given: 13,327

2 Not allowed!

Not vegan so just curious , whats the point of it ? Is it similar to the reasons ppl become vegatarian? To not eat the living things gods created lol

Quote Originally Posted by Myanthropologies View Post
    True green eyes are really rare. Only 2% of people have them, and they're mostly found in the British Isles and Afghanistan.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L21
    mtDNA
    H15
    Religion
    Cultural Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianus Rex View Post
    The life expectancy of vegetarians and vegans is not higher than other people.
    Diet, lifestyle, exercise, social interactions, social status, education level, gender and of course genetics all seem to affect overall life expectancy, diet is just one component of total life expectancy. I would still say that being vegan in most cases improve your quality of life and it makes you less likely to get cancer, lower risk of diabetes and lower risk to be overweight.

Some people do experience headaches or feel ill when converting from a meat diet to a vegan diet, you should try to get info from a nutrition adviser if you ever want to give veganism another try. You might feel so because your body is detoxing. I recommend people to start introducing some vegan meals per day untill you fully convert to veganism, instead of going vegan from day to night (which can also work for some people, for me it did, but for others it might not).

Ülev

2 Not allowed!

watch this

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L21
    mtDNA
    H15
    Religion
    Cultural Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Seth MacFarlane View Post
    Not vegan so just curious , whats the point of it ? Is it similar to the reasons ppl become vegatarian? To not eat the living things gods created lol
    Main reasons are: for the animals, for your health and for the environment.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Why being vegan is extreme? Human diet has been mostly vegan throughout our history. Only at this day and age we consume animal products on a daily basis. You do not have to go that far, 60 years ago my grandparents diet was mostly a vegan diet, they would eat meat or fish only on special ocasions.
    And the result was a gracilized population of short stature for european standards due to severe deficient protein intake. I don't think that's a good example, fortunately younger generations are noticeably better built and as a consequence better looking also and that's due mainly to better nutrition. There's certainly many positive things about the old day Portuguese diet but low intake of meat/fish/proteins was not one of them. Make sure you eat plenty of eggs (2nd best food in the world after maternal milk), most of the other protein sources for vegan/vegetarians are genetically modified and not particularly healthy.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Diet, lifestyle, exercise, social interactions, social status, education level, gender and of course genetics all seem to affect overall life expectancy, diet is just one component of total life expectancy. I would still say that being vegan in most cases improve your quality of life and it makes you less likely to get cancer, lower risk of diabetes and lower risk to be overweight.

Some people do experience headaches or feel ill when converting from a meat diet to a vegan diet, you should try to get info from a nutrition adviser if you ever want to give veganism another try. You might feel so because your body is detoxing. I recommend people to start introducing some vegan meals per day untill you fully convert to veganism, instead of going vegan from day to night (which can also work for some people, for me it did, but for others it might not).
    Good tips, i know there always an adaptation period (usually no less than 2 weeks) but i'm a firm believer of the bloodtype diet, that means that a mostly vegetarian/vegan diet might work wonderfully for some people while it not might work at all for others. It's like medicine, working out routines etc..no universal truth/ that works for everybody, the key is personalization according to our body/genetic predisposition.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L21
    mtDNA
    H15
    Religion
    Cultural Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianus Rex View Post
    And the result was a gracilized population of short stature for european standards due to severe deficient protein intake. I don't think that's a good example, fortunately younger generations are noticeably better built and as a consequence better looking also and that's due mainly to better nutrition. There's certainly many positive things about the old day Portuguese diet but low intake of meat/fish/proteins was not one of them. Make sure you eat plenty of eggs (2nd best food in the world after maternal milk), most of the other protein sources for vegan/vegetarians are genetically modified and not particularly healthy.
    That is not entirely related to our diet but with genetics. You think in Scadinavia, Eastern Europe and the Balkans most people were not protein deficient hundred years ago? The fact is that with everything that is avaiable and with all the existent info nowadays you can be vegan and not be defecient in anything. Vegan protein sources do not have to be geneticaly modified you just have to know what you are buying and it is still less dangerous to eat genetically modified vegetables than meat and dairy products filed with hormones and antibiotics, in my opinion.

People were dying of famine and hunger in nordic countries a century ago and they are still taller than we are on average. Portugal was poor but there was no records of famine and starvation to death in here.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information