Jordan Peterson
    Religion
    Deist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,781
    Given: 8,063

5 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    This was the last movie we ever watched as family (me, my ex-wife and kid), and this scene always brings me so much emotions that I could explode, because of many reasons... I always loved space, Austronauts, but most of all I love my daughter, and when we first watched this movie togethar I knew my wife is leaving, it was already over..., I think I watched this scene like 10 000 times .

But I am eternal optimist, and this movie will always be one of my favorites, amongst TOP 5, and this scene alone...the best, and most emotional for me, every word in it, forever.

Last Online
    05-15-2019 @ 08:26 PM
    Ethnicity
    French, Italian, Iberian, distant Greek, Britain.
    Ancestry
    Campania, Lazio, Marche, Emilia-Romagna, Tuscany, Abruzzo, Sicily Normandy, Occitanie
    Country
    Italy
    Region
    Campania
    Y-DNA
    J2a1
    mtDNA
    H7
    Taxonomy
    Gracile-Mediterranid
    Hero
    Bender Bending Rodríguez
    Relationship Status
    ---
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,973
    Given: 1,732

1 Not allowed!

Do you like Science-Fiction movies like John Carpenter's ones for instance ? one of the best movie genre for me, although genres don't really mean something when talking about masterpieces since it often encompass everyones'.

Alien, 2001, Blade Runner, Christine, Escape from New York, first that come to mind
    Minority Report and Sunshine are very good too but unfortunately very underrated.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic+Romance
    Ethnicity
    Croatian
    Ancestry
    3/4 Croatian and 1/4 North Italian
    Country
    Croatia
    Region
    Dalmatia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid+CM
    Politics
    Direct Democracy
    Hero
    Jordan Peterson
    Religion
    Deist
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by barkoo View Post
    Do you like Science-Fiction movies like John Carpenter's ones for instance ? one of the best movie genre for me, although genres don't really mean something when talking about masterpieces since it often encompass everyones'.
    Ofcourse friend, I always loved Carpenter's work, my favorite movies from him are; The Thing (watched it like 1000 times lol), Halloween ofcourse, They Live (this movie is somethin else... unique) etc...

Quote Originally Posted by barkoo View Post
    Alien, 2001, Blade Runner, Christine, Escape from New York, first that come to mind
    Minority Report and Sunshine are very good too but unfortunately very underrated.
    2001 Space O. is my favorite ScFi movie ever, after 2001, Interstellar.

Also 2001 Space O. is my favorite movie ever along with Godfather 1 .

Anyway let's continue, Blade Runner is masterpiece which I also watched like 1000 times... "tears in rain" friend , what a scene, what a message trough "words play", what a message.

Alien... what to say... amongst favorite also, as well Aliens.

Every movie you named I watched several times OR MORE , I am movie fanatic lol . I mean... Movies are true art which...are part of my life.

I love when ScFi opens your mind and feelings to such degree that you cannot even explain it only feel it, I always thought and still do (no offence to anyone) that only the most intelligent ppl watch those movies, so, we are amongst them heh.

Imagine that sentence; "tears in rain" and message what he wanted to say.

Also in Terminator 2 when Arnie says to Connor; "Now I know why you cry, but It's somethin I can never do..."

From childhood I loved ScFi, and other genres ofcourse.

My favorite Tv series are Twilight Zone (all of them), X-Files, Twin Peaks.

Here is a thumbs up like Arnold in this scene;

P.S. @Barkoo if machine can learn to appreciate human life, maybe we can as well , what a sentence.

Last Online
    05-15-2019 @ 08:26 PM
    Ethnicity
    French, Italian, Iberian, distant Greek, Britain.
    Ancestry
    Campania, Lazio, Marche, Emilia-Romagna, Tuscany, Abruzzo, Sicily Normandy, Occitanie
    Country
    Italy
    Region
    Campania
    Y-DNA
    J2a1
    mtDNA
    H7
    Taxonomy
    Gracile-Mediterranid
    Hero
    Bender Bending Rodríguez
    Relationship Status
    ---
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,973
    Given: 1,732

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Robocop View Post
    Ofcourse friend, I always loved Carpenter's work, my favorite movies from him are; The Thing (watched it like 1000 times lol), Halloween ofcourse, They Live (this movie is somethin else... unique) etc...

2001 Space O. is my favorite ScFi movie ever, after 2001, Interstellar.

Also 2001 Space O. is my favorite movie ever along with Godfather 1 .

Anyway let's continue, Blade Runner is masterpiece which I also watched like 1000 times... "tears in rain" friend , what a scene, what a message trough "words play", what a message.

Alien... what to say... amongst favorite also, as well Aliens.

Every movie you named I watched several times OR MORE , I am movie fanatic lol . I mean... Movies are true art which...are part of my life.

I love when ScFi opens your mind and feelings to such degree that you cannot even explain it only feel it, I always thought and still do (no offence to anyone) that only the most intelligent ppl watch those movies, so, we are amongst them heh.

Imagine that sentence; "tears in rain" and message what he wanted to say.

Also in Terminator 2 when Arnie says to Connor; "Now I know why you cry, but It's somethin I can never do..."

From childhood I loved ScFi, and other genres ofcourse.

My favorite Tv series are Twilight Zone (all of them), X-Files, Twin Peaks.

Here is a thumbs up like Arnold in this scene;

P.S. @Barkoo if machine can learn to appreciate human life, maybe we can as well , what a sentence.
    Yes, i forgot The Thing, such a great and strange movie too, i really like the Carpenter irony character he put throughout all his films also, always considered as Z movie director unfortunately, he deserved more, even Ghost of Mars is a great one, you surely already saw this one too.
    2001, a SO is definitive the best SF movie ever so far and overall Kubrick was a genius for his whole work.
    Music score is unbelievable too, between nothingness & eternity...

Banned
    Last Online
    02-23-2022 @ 01:59 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Magyar
    Ancestry
    Historic Hungary/Holy Roman Empire
    Country
    Hungary
    Y-DNA
    R-M417 (8700 ybp)
    mtDNA
    H10-a T16093C (9000 ybp)
    Politics
    Green Left
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,864
    Given: 444

0 Not allowed!

That's what she said, but here is the total truth;

When she came here (she is Serb from Northern Croatia, and Croats there are different than us here), when she came here everyone accepted her, truly, everyone, no one had anything against she is Serb, not my friends, not my family, neighbours or anyone...

First 3 years were great, problems started when she would (just one example out of many) place some serbian folk music (she listens that, I do not ofcourse, but I respected her music); she would turned it on so louddd, IN PURPOSE, out of the blu, and it was not some folk music from Serbia, it was a music from one nationalist Serbian singer.

So ppl started to talking...

Even her own parents said to her; "why are you doing that, it was your choice to marry a Croat, and not only any Croat, but Croat from Dalmatia, from city which is known to be right-wing even though your husband is not right-wing, but you known where are going."

But her own reply to her OWN PARENTS (durin that time when she went totally serbian nationalistic) was: "you all traitors, traitors to your identity, you are hiding it" blah blah...

So I had to ask her; "how can you say such things to your parents? They are traitors because they respect this country but also have their serbian tradition"?

Also I would often ask her: "Who is taking away your identity, who?, me? you know I don't do that, so who? You went ape on croat nationalistic idiots around us, with serbian nationalistic bullshit, instead you focused on us and THOSE GOOD CROATS around there, and there was/is plenty of them".

But no... She was gone in her head, she went from totally open mind intellectual person to nationalistic person because of idiots, sorry, BUT STRONG PERSON DO NOT do that.

Also you say to me I should have move, MOVE WHERE? To leave my own region? My own house, I have my own house... to leave all that and go where? To leave my job, everything, and to go where exactly? North Croatia? Sweden? Portugal? Iceland?

I couldn't do that...that's madness, she could have thought about her own marriage, and me as good husband, and those good Croats here (many of my friends), but she just went totally on attack, IN THE CENTER of Croatian right-wing ideology (my city).

So by doing that she created enemies of those normal Croats as well, because there is no Croat (right-wing or left-wing) who will tolerate ultra-serbian nationalistic behaviour.

And that's it man. She hooked up with some Serbs who left Croatia, she would often meet with them in secret, some women who would come here only on summer, they would fill her head with sentences like: "They will never love you, never accept you blah blah blah blah", FUCKING HYPOCRITES, all of them were living and still lives in Italy, France, Serbia, Republika Srbska, Germany, IT WAS FUCKING EASY FOR THEM to say such things, they would call her: "Serbian hero in Ustasha stronghold", imagine that..., those fucking hypocritic bastards who were sayin that to her didnt had to worry will someone call their children in high school one day "A CHETNIK" or somethin like that.

Feeding her with negative energy.

This is NOT Ustasha stronghold, but she should have known how things are here, in the end her own sister and mother asked her; "why didn't you marry a Serb, wtf are you doing with Croatian if you are like that, and he is a good man, so wtf do you want exactly"?

But no..., she made her decision, out of the blu everythin Croatian became Ustasha in her eyes, pathetic, and ok... she can now sing ultra-serbian nationalistic song her entire life, I hope she will be happy, but I know she won't, sooner or later such way of life destroys person, no matter which nationality.

But she is not wise enough to see it, she will see it when it's too late.
    Damn, this bitter resentment that goes on between your two nations never ceases to amaze me, even messes up romantic relationships. I just have a feeling this type of story keeps on repeating all over Croatia and Serbia, just with different protagonists. I guess linguistic kinship is absolutely irrelevant for both sides, it cannot serve as a bridge of reconciliation, religious and cultural factors (especially differences) hold greater importance for both people.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic+Romance
    Ethnicity
    Croatian
    Ancestry
    Country
    Croatia
    Region
    Dalmatia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid+CM
    Politics
    Direct Democracy
    Hero
    Jordan Peterson
    Religion
    Deist
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dunai View Post
    Damn, this bitter resentment that goes on between your two nations never ceases to amaze me, even messes up romantic relationships. I just have a feeling this type of story keeps on repeating all over Croatia and Serbia, just with different protagonists. I guess linguistic kinship is absolutely irrelevant for both sides, it cannot serve as a bridge of reconciliation, religious and cultural factors (especially differences) hold greater importance for both people.
    Ofcourse linguistics is irrelevant, because cultures are totally different. We were never in any form of same state, empire or kingdom with Serbs before 1918, never.

Also our language today is similar/same only because Croatian parliament 1830 decided to take "Sthokavian dialect" for our official language, and only 1/4 of Croats spoke that dialect back then, but they done that in purpose of creating one day some same state with Serbs, because it was believed back then "that's good", because they're Slavs as well.

May bones of those Croats from Croatian parliament in 1830 burn in Hell for eternity.

Our true language (Chakavian & Kajkavian dialect) have nothin similar with Serbian language, in fact I bet none of them here would understand it if I would place them a song on it.

Last Online
    11-25-2016 @ 07:32 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Andromedian
    Ethnicity
    Minoan
    Ancestry
    Minoan time travelers.
    Country
    Greece
    Y-DNA
    M-1n0an
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 124
    Given: 91

1 Not allowed!

Girl, and she is some time with me, some time with her, but as you know... for Kid, divorced parents... cannot be good, I'm tryin everythin I can to pretend everythin is great around her, but girl knows it isn' it, that mum and dad are not togethar.

And for what??? A fucking NATIONALISTIC BULLSHIT, I am sick and tired of fucking nationalism man, I am Patriot, but never nationalist, that's why I explode sometimes on this forum when I see some nationalistic bullshits, because I know what they did to me, fucking piece of shits everyone of them.

You know who is nationalistic (and not patriot, but nationalistic)? People who don't have better things to do or think in life, and that is their own way of existing trough day, but wait, just wait, they will taste their own medicine FOR REAL once, one way or another.

Your ex-wife and people who act like this are not nationalists but chauvinists. Nationalism is a purer ideology, at least in Greece(several wise men here have written books about how nationalism should be.)
    You can't be racist and nationalist. At least that's how I see it.

La Vecchia Guardia Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romantic
    Ethnicity
    Italicus nobilis
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Corsica
    Y-DNA
    J2 or whatever
    mtDNA
    H something
    Taxonomy
    Apenninid
    Hero
    Alan Lomax
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,744
    Given: 3,832

1 Not allowed!

IIRC you've worked as an archaeologist. How did you get started? Do you have a degree in archaeology?

Banned
    Last Online
    02-23-2022 @ 01:59 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Magyar
    Ancestry
    Historic Hungary/Holy Roman Empire
    Country
    Hungary
    Y-DNA
    R-M417 (8700 ybp)
    mtDNA
    H10-a T16093C (9000 ybp)
    Politics
    Green Left
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,864
    Given: 444

1 Not allowed!

Ofcourse linguistics is irrelevant, because cultures are totally different. We were never in any form of same state, empire or kingdom with Serbs before 1918, never.

Also our language today is similar/same only because Croatian parliament 1830 decided to take "Sthokavian dialect" for our official language, and only 1/4 of Croats spoke that dialect, but they done that in purpose of creating one day some same state with Serbs, because it was believed back then "that's good", because they're Slavs as well.

May bones of those Croats from Croatian parliament in 1830 burn in Hell for eternity.

Our true language (Chakavian & Kajkavian dialect) have nothin similar with Serbian language, in fact I bet none of them here would understand it if I would place them one song on it.
    I never knew you speak this language because of the intervention of your elite. However it isn't a unique case, as in the 19th century elites of many nationalities artificially enforced one type of dialect over their entire nation (Slovaks), or even interfered by rearranging the vocabulary (Romanians). To which Slavic language did original Croatian sound closest to?

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic+Romance
    Ethnicity
    Croatian
    Ancestry
    Country
    Croatia
    Region
    Dalmatia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid+CM
    Politics
    Direct Democracy
    Hero
    Jordan Peterson
    Religion
    Deist
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Nikomahos View Post
    Your ex-wife and people who act like this are not nationalists but chauvinists. Nationalism is a purer ideology, at least in Greece(several wise men here have written books about how nationalism should be.)
    You can't be racist and nationalist. At least that's how I see it.
    I like to call myself as Patriot . Love that term for myself, more than nationalism, nationalism implies much more things, more agressive things, which are (trust me) much more visible in Croatia and Serbia than in Greece.

I was in Greece two times and your nationalism is totally of another form than ours, Serbian or Croatian nationalism by default means: "hate all Croats, or hate all Serbs", there is nothin in between.

I respected her religion and customs and everythin, but hatred between our nations was so great that even my open mind couldn't prevent it, means she wasn't on my level considering that.

It would be different if she was Orthodox Russian or Greek, but Serbian...

Problems in my area.

Page 3 of 89 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread Information