View Poll Results: What is success?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Doing good at the things you love (even if poor)

10 76.92%
  • doing what ur fam wants you to do (Education)

0 0%
  • Entreprenuer

3 23.08%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What is Success?

Banned
    Last Online
    06-27-2021 @ 10:40 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Latin American
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Ancestry
    Western Europe, West Africa, The Caribbean
    Country
    Dominican-Republic
    Y-DNA
    R-L51
    mtDNA
    L1c2b1
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid + Minor Negroid
    Hero
    Ken O'Keefe, Booker T Coleman, Bob Marley, Elliott Hulse, Felix Antonion Cruz Jiminian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,414
    Given: 1,414

1 Not allowed!

Default What is Success?

What the Hell is SUCCESS???

Think about it, WTF is it. I hear them talk, "oh we need to go to school in order to be successful" when in reality even if u do go to school u won't really make that much money, since money is what they think of success, here's another one "have money work for you, don't work for money" or "you have to sacrifice a big start up money in order to be successful" << very unrealistic. How bout "WE NEED TO WORK WORK WORK AND SELL SELL SELL IN ORDER TO BE SUCCESSFULL, YOU GOTTA LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE" << how bout you go shove it, cause i don't think any of that will make me happy, people have the biggest misconception that being rich makes you successful when i swear to god having been to more than 35 countries around the world the happiest people are the poorest people. Rich motherfuckers suffer to the bone. So that means that rich ppl or so-called successful people have to rely on money in order to be happy, so that means that they in no way can handle being poor or middle class.

I SWEAR PEOPLE JUDGE YOU ON THE STUPIDEST UNREALISTIC SHIT

ID SAY, DO WHATEVER THE FUCK MAKES YOU HAPPY, THAT MEANS THAT PEOPLE WHO FISH FOR A LIVING WILL GET JUDGED BECAUSE THEY CHOOSE TO STAY FISHING INSTEAD OF GOING TO THE CITY AS AN EXAMPLE OR FARMERS, PEOPLE WHO ALSO LOVE TO DO MOONSHINE, YET ALL OF THESE THINGS ARE DISAPPEARING WITH THE HELP OF FUCKED UP TECHNOLOGY AND LAWS OR RULES. WHY AM I GONNA LET GO OF THE THINGS THAT I LOVE DOING JUST MAKE TO MAKE SOME EXTRA MONEY AND BE MISERABLE????

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-03-2023 @ 07:39 PM
    Ethnicity
    Hungarian, Danube Swabian
    Ancestry
    Bavaria, Upper Austria, Switzerland, Hungary
    Country
    Hungary
    Region
    Donau Schwaben
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,055
    Given: 2,636

0 Not allowed!

subscribed

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    09-17-2017 @ 12:33 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Bell Beaker ish
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    29/32 English, 2/32 Welsh, 1/32 Scottish
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    I-M253
    mtDNA
    U5a1b4
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,954
    Given: 11,022

1 Not allowed!

Well it depends if you are going on your personal definition of success (which can be whatever you want it to be), or what is considered success more broadly in your society or across societies/cultures in general. For the latter it's pretty much about acquiring higher status, wealth and family. I think those things are pretty universal norms (ie we tend to strive for those things because the people that had those things in previous generations left a greater social, cultural and genetic impact on the coming population). I think they are good general goals, but if you want to be happy you should make your own smaller goals as well.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    12-17-2016 @ 02:20 AM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,188
    Given: 1,099

1 Not allowed!

Being happy with what you do and who you are.

Being at peace with oneself.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Kraut
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    North Rhine
    Y-DNA
    R-U106
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,352
    Given: 2,081

0 Not allowed!

When, I'd have grown up, I'd be entreprenuer

Banned
    Last Online
    06-05-2021 @ 05:39 PM
    Ethnicity
    Boolgar
    Country
    European Union
    Y-DNA
    I2a1a2b (I-L621)
    mtDNA
    H3
    Taxonomy
    Paleo Atlantid (actually Dinarid + Westbaltid parents)
    Hero
    Database error
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17,773
    Given: 1,799

2 Not allowed!

To society generally it means having lots of money.

When you see people in suits pulling up to expensive places in exotic cars you assume they are sucessful people.You don`t care how they made it.

Veteran Member crazyladybutterfly's Avatar
    Last Online
    02-13-2021 @ 03:00 PM
    Ethnicity
    caucasian
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,991
    Given: 21,752

0 Not allowed!

well i guess career success is cleary overrated. But i feel like it has most to do with self-esteem rather than actual desire of money , we live in a narcissistic and classist society anyway .. . more and more people will need to feel the "envy" and the "respect" of others

when I say that it isn't really about money I mean that you can clearly enjoy life even if your salary is a bit below average travels, videogames, cinema, library, gym etc are pretty much cheap in these days .. even if the prices are lowering it's almost impossible not to have the chance of buying some recreational good you desire. even a poor person get afford plastic surgery in countries where the price is the highest after few months of low paid jobs .

obviously you need to act wisely (meaning mostly not having more than affordable children for a decent living) .

I only see "school" as good when you're physically weak or going to achieve something that isn't really about money or for receiving respect from others, but it's only for you, for you thirst of knowledge or desire to help others (ex. doctors, researchers etc) .. if it's all about money you will most likely not be incentivated enough to make such sacrifice.

But I disagree with one thing : "
    i swear to god having been to more than 35 countries around the world the happiest people are the poorest people
    As I said before , you can obviously enjoy your life while living in a mild form of poverty but when it's extreme .. so extreme that:
    - you are forced to prostitute yourself
    - you can't buy the medicines for your beloved one (in more developed world this usually applies only to pets)
    - you are forced to turn into a criminal because that's the only job you have found otherwise you're homeless
    - you and your beloved ones are starving
    - you take a lot of extremely underpaid jobs which aren't "verified by the state" .. i mean "lavori in nero" or "clandestine jobs" so that you have to spend most of your days working like a slave
    - humiliating yourself
    - begging
    - etc.
    you can't really say these people are the happiest.

these are the poorest people :

Last edited by crazyladybutterfly; 11-23-2016 at 05:36 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    10-15-2022 @ 07:34 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic,Celtic
    Ethnicity
    BRIT
    Ancestry
    England,Ireland,Scotland, Germany,Alsace,Austria
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Amazigh
    mtDNA
    J1c3
    Politics
    Freedom
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,201
    Given: 9,778

0 Not allowed!

I don't know. Would like the answer myself.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Latin American
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Ancestry
    Country
    Dominican-Republic
    Y-DNA
    R-L51
    mtDNA
    L1c2b1
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid + Minor Negroid
    Hero
    Ken O'Keefe, Booker T Coleman, Bob Marley, Elliott Hulse, Felix Antonion Cruz Jiminian
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

me being 23 years of age, iv seen already too much and with the help of traveling for free and technology i been able to see the world for what it is moreso than most ppl who get caught up in materialism (nice cars, hot fake women, clubbing, 5-star hotels in Las Vegas etc...) i don't wanna have a fancy car, im happy with my 2010 toyota corolla, im happy with not having a good body, im happy with living simple, im happy getting drunk on cruises and in foreighn countries lol, im happy going to the wilderness and tribes in other countries instead of going to the same ol beach, hotels, and clubs when i can just do that here where i live (no need for traveling if thats what ur gonna do). Im happy going 60 mph on a 30 mph speed limit road listening to 70s & 80s music with my windows down with a cap and sunglasses ignoring everything around me (especially people). Im happy to say "FUCK YOU" to society or urban life. Im happy to say "FUCK YOU" to women who have high standards and break their ego and making them feel like shit 9cause they'r ego's too high). Im happy to help out those who need when and if i can with a lot of effort. When i worked in stores i would give discounts to good ppl who did not have enough (with much observation if theyr liers or not) and even then they'd still tip me despite me just being a cashier in my previous jobs. I feel miserable having to listen to fake music of today, i feel miserable having to feel alone most of the time because everyone has the same desires from copying eachother despite them not being themselves. I love being an outspoken person and i say "FUCK YOU" to success if it means to be rich and having ppl in that level judge then "FUCK YOU" too you nasty inbred pieces of shit, thinking they'r all high when they are nothing more than a bag of blood just like everyone else, and i will so happily watch them suffer if we were to ever get a solar flare as i know how to survive that better than most ppl

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Latin American
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Ancestry
    Country
    Dominican-Republic
    Y-DNA
    R-L51
    mtDNA
    L1c2b1
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid + Minor Negroid
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by crazyladybutterfly View Post
    well i guess career success is cleary overrated. But i feel like it has most to do with self-esteem rather than actual desire of money , we live in a narcissistic and classist society anyway .. . more and more people will need to feel the "envy" and the "respect" of others

when I say that it isn't really about money I mean that you can clearly enjoy life even if your salary is a bit below average travels, videogames, cinema, library, gym etc are pretty much cheap in these days .. even if the prices are lowering it's almost impossible not to have the chance of buying some recreational good you desire. even a poor person get afford plastic surgery in countries where the price is the highest after few months of low paid jobs .

obviously you need to act wisely (meaning mostly not having more than affordable children for a decent living) .

I only see "school" as good when you're physically weak or going to achieve something that isn't really about money or for receiving respect from others, but it's only for you, for you thirst of knowledge or desire to help others (ex. doctors, researchers etc) .. if it's all about money you will most likely not be incentivated enough to make such sacrifice.

But I disagree with one thing : "

As I said before , you can obviously enjoy your life while living in a mild form of poverty but when it's extreme .. so extreme that:
    - you are forced to prostitute yourself
    - you can't buy the medicines for your beloved one (in more developed world this usually applies only to pets)
    - you are forced to turn into a criminal because that's the only job you have found otherwise you're homeless
    - you and your beloved ones are starving
    - you take a lot of extremely underpaid jobs which aren't "verified by the state" .. i mean "lavori in nero" or "clandestine jobs" so that you have to spend most of your days working like a slave
    - humiliating yourself
    - begging
    - etc.
    you can't really say these people are the happiest.

these are the poorest people :

iv seen those types of ppl in the extremes, i didnt mean that extreme though, but poverty in latin america which is not like that of Africa. Those countries have always been that way and theyr gonna stay that way, just being realistic

i have to disagree about the physically weak going to school, cause now endays everyone is going to school in order to get money because of how hard things are these days and im def not physically weak and i go to school, only because i didnt think i had the ability to learn things quickly so i got myself in it just to have backup opportunities incase of an emergancy and also cause i want to move to Canada, in order for a US citizen (i became a US citizen recently) to move to canada he needs to have at least an Associates in something or bachelors or whatever

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information