View Poll Results: What is success?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Doing good at the things you love (even if poor)

10 76.92%
  • doing what ur fam wants you to do (Education)

0 0%
  • Entreprenuer

3 23.08%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What is Success?

Banned
    Last Online
    06-27-2021 @ 10:40 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Latin American
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Ancestry
    Western Europe, West Africa, The Caribbean
    Country
    Dominican-Republic
    Y-DNA
    R-L51
    mtDNA
    L1c2b1
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid + Minor Negroid
    Hero
    Ken O'Keefe, Booker T Coleman, Bob Marley, Elliott Hulse, Felix Antonion Cruz Jiminian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,414
    Given: 1,414

1 Not allowed!

well ill tell you what

i think we'er back in the stone age because of money and technology, technology is good but if used the rght way, but when u see this

and its 2017

makes you wonder why did we go back in time? now its harder to be successful than our parents or their parents, we'er back to the stone age but at least in the stone age you had more freedom, we dont have freedom today

De la comunidad isleña de Luisiana Isleño's Avatar
    Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 06:35 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Isleño de Luisiana
    Ethnicity
    Spanish-American
    Ancestry
    Canary Islands, Spain
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Louisiana
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF27
    mtDNA
    U6b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med+Alpine+Berid
    Politics
    Center Right
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,034
    Given: 1,735

3 Not allowed!

You can have all the education in the world, but without the will and drive, it's worthless. I went to college, got a degree that I used for a few years in corporate America, went back to school to work on an advanced degree. I founded a business in process that I did on the side. It started to turn hefty profit after a bit, I wound up saying the hell with a career and went all in on my own business. Fast forward to today and I've found success in something that I didn't even use or need my degree for that has brought me success that I would have not found in corporate America for many, many years. It wasn't the education, but the will and drive that was the catalyst in my success. If you get an idea and work at it with all the energy you have, you can make a success of yourself, no degree required. It's nice to be educated, and I recommend an education. But if it is pure success you are looking for, there is more than one way to skin a cat.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Latin American
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Ancestry
    Country
    Dominican-Republic
    Y-DNA
    R-L51
    mtDNA
    L1c2b1
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid + Minor Negroid
    Hero
    Ken O'Keefe, Booker T Coleman, Bob Marley, Elliott Hulse, Felix Antonion Cruz Jiminian
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Isleño View Post
    You can have all the education in the world, but without the will and drive, it's worthless. I went to college, got a degree that I used for a few years in corporate America, went back to school to work on an advanced degree. I founded a business in process that I did on the side. It started to turn hefty profit after a bit, I wound up saying the hell with a career and went all in on my own business. Fast forward to today and I've found success in something that I didn't even use or need my degree for that has brought me success that I would have not found in corporate America for many, many years. It wasn't the education, but the will and drive that was the catalyst in my success. If you get an idea and work at it with all the energy you have, you can make a success of yourself, no degree required. It's nice to be educated, and I recommend an education. But if it is pure success you are looking for, there is more than one way to skin a cat.
    nice job

i say the samething, right now im stuyding something im not sure about but i fly for free working in AA but im broke because AA doesnt pay well and the only reason ppl work for AA is due to the flight benefits, iv been around planes my whole life and have piloted myself a couple of times cause i also wanted to be a pilot but the life of a pilot is basically a bus driver, you have no life i talk to em all the time and i see em and they sleep in airports and ae miserable and dont see their families.

The one thing that i love besides traveling is powerlifting, for some reason im liking the feeling and the pain of it, i find pleasure in it and wish to keep doing it for the rest of my life eveb if i die young, but my problem is, wheres the money in that? we live in a day in age where u literally have to pay to do physical labor (powerlifting) which is stupid since men throughout history did labor, so that means that the poor ppl cannot get strong but rich ppl can? man we really live in a very unrealistic messed up world, iv seen so many poor ppl in third world nations that if could get em here to get stronger and compete they will dominate the sport and not the europeans like today and this is all due to money and technology. Everything is too techo for me, it really sucks to live in a time like this where you can only make money via a computer if your lucky.

lot a ppl think what im doing is not hard work but it is i get joint pains, pain in the knees, my lowerback fucking hurts like mathaf^& lol and im forced to take a week off sometimes because of it, also my hands leave blood on bars because im too broke to buy some strapps/gloves, or a belt (has been working without em though so no biggie) and yet i have ppl in the gym critize what what im doing or other ppl into powerlifting and im talking mostly women that are into men with abbs that break bones so easy its not even funny lol (i seen it happen 9x already) and also by guys with amazing phyisque (the critizm). It almost seems to me that we are in a time where we'er only gonna be left making money one way not two or three but one and i believe thats the problem more than anything

too many ppl i see struggling and possobly about the hardest working ppl iv seenin my life (more than u and me and all of us here combined) and they dont make it anywhere and they die hungry and poor and im like "WTF" they literally struggled all their lives for nothing, why should i?

the only struggle i enjoy and anyone is the one you enjoy the most, if you like the struggle of something your doing imo then thats your porpose, me i have an idea of what i would like to be doing which is traveling and powerlifting but theres no money in that, too futuristic for it now endays

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-28-2018 @ 09:41 AM
    Ethnicity
    Samhället
    Country
    Sweden
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 534
    Given: 572

3 Not allowed!

There was once a businessman who was sitting by the beach in a small Brazilian village.
    As he sat, he saw a Brazilian fisherman rowing a small boat towards the shore having caught quite few big fish.
    The businessman was impressed and asked the fisherman, “How long does it take you to catch so many fish?”
    The fisherman replied, “Oh, just a short while.”
    “Then why don’t you stay longer at sea and catch even more?” The businessman was astonished.
    “This is enough to feed my whole family,” the fisherman said.
    The businessman then asked, “So, what do you do for the rest of the day?”
    The fisherman replied, “Well, I usually wake up early in the morning, go out to sea and catch a few fish, then go back and play with my kids. In the afternoon, I take a nap with my wife, and evening comes, I join my buddies in the village for a drink — we play guitar, sing and dance throughout the night.”

The businessman offered a suggestion to the fisherman.
    “I am a PhD in business management. I could help you to become a more successful person. From now on, you should spend more time at sea and try to catch as many fish as possible. When you have saved enough money, you could buy a bigger boat and catch even more fish. Soon you will be able to afford to buy more boats, set up your own company, your own production plant for canned food and distribution network. By then, you will have moved out of this village and to Sao Paulo, where you can set up HQ to manage your other branches.”

The fisherman continues, “And after that?”
    The businessman laughs heartily, “After that, you can live like a king in your own house, and when the time is right, you can go public and float your shares in the Stock Exchange, and you will be rich.”
    The fisherman asks, “And after that?”
    The businessman says, “After that, you can finally retire, you can move to a house by the fishing village, wake up early in the morning, catch a few fish, then return home to play with kids, have a nice afternoon nap with your wife, and when evening comes, you can join your buddies for a drink, play the guitar, sing and dance throughout the night!”
    The fisherman was puzzled, “Isn’t that what I am doing now?”

Banned
    Last Online
    04-05-2018 @ 07:02 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Español
    Ethnicity
    Celtíbera
    Ancestry
    Española
    Country
    Spain
    Politics
    España
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,846
    Given: 2,495

0 Not allowed!

Fulfilment.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Latin American
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Ancestry
    Country
    Dominican-Republic
    Y-DNA
    R-L51
    mtDNA
    L1c2b1
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid + Minor Negroid
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bari View Post

There was once a businessman who was sitting by the beach in a small Brazilian village.
    As he sat, he saw a Brazilian fisherman rowing a small boat towards the shore having caught quite few big fish.
    The businessman was impressed and asked the fisherman, “How long does it take you to catch so many fish?”
    The fisherman replied, “Oh, just a short while.”
    “Then why don’t you stay longer at sea and catch even more?” The businessman was astonished.
    “This is enough to feed my whole family,” the fisherman said.
    The businessman then asked, “So, what do you do for the rest of the day?”
    The fisherman replied, “Well, I usually wake up early in the morning, go out to sea and catch a few fish, then go back and play with my kids. In the afternoon, I take a nap with my wife, and evening comes, I join my buddies in the village for a drink — we play guitar, sing and dance throughout the night.”

The businessman offered a suggestion to the fisherman.
    “I am a PhD in business management. I could help you to become a more successful person. From now on, you should spend more time at sea and try to catch as many fish as possible. When you have saved enough money, you could buy a bigger boat and catch even more fish. Soon you will be able to afford to buy more boats, set up your own company, your own production plant for canned food and distribution network. By then, you will have moved out of this village and to Sao Paulo, where you can set up HQ to manage your other branches.”

The fisherman continues, “And after that?”
    The businessman laughs heartily, “After that, you can live like a king in your own house, and when the time is right, you can go public and float your shares in the Stock Exchange, and you will be rich.”
    The fisherman asks, “And after that?”
    The businessman says, “After that, you can finally retire, you can move to a house by the fishing village, wake up early in the morning, catch a few fish, then return home to play with kids, have a nice afternoon nap with your wife, and when evening comes, you can join your buddies for a drink, play the guitar, sing and dance throughout the night!”
    The fisherman was puzzled, “Isn’t that what I am doing now?”
    thats what im saying lol

no point

that fisherman was way ahead of the business man and thats how i feel honestly

Sup? Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Of the school of Ron Jeremy
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,412
    Given: 12,606

0 Not allowed!

Last Online
    03-24-2024 @ 12:27 PM
    Ethnicity
    Sexy...too much sexy
    Country
    Micronesia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,069
    Given: 847

2 Not allowed!

Success is just the feeling of happiness with your life...when you accept your circumstances and you adapt well to them. That's all.

De la comunidad isleña de Luisiana Isleño's Avatar
    Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 06:35 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Isleño de Luisiana
    Ethnicity
    Spanish-American
    Ancestry
    Canary Islands, Spain
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Louisiana
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF27
    mtDNA
    U6b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med+Alpine+Berid
    Politics
    Center Right
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,034
    Given: 1,735

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Autrigón View Post
    Success is just the feeling of happiness with your life...when you accept your circumstances and you adapt well to them. That's all.
    Well said. Many people equate success with finances. But success in life can be when you have total happiness in life. For some, that happiness comes from having lots of money. But for others, success is something money can't always buy.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Latin American
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Ancestry
    Country
    Dominican-Republic
    Y-DNA
    R-L51
    mtDNA
    L1c2b1
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid + Minor Negroid
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Autrigón View Post
    i wish my parents would have told me that ealier

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information