Ancestry iberian, german, italian
    Country
    Argentina
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,168
    Given: 4,757

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Laly View Post
    Since when do you need to speak the language of a place in order to evaluate visual beauty, aesthetics?

And whether you like it or not, I’m Portuguese too. But believe me, I would have preferred not to have to tell I’m Portuguese. If I don’t speak the language, it’s because of my conflictual relationship with my Portuguese father. My sister overcame things better than me, she speaks Portuguese, she’s married to a Portuguese man and she lives in Portugal. Also, I understand Portuguese very well, both written and spoken. My surname is Portuguese. When I present myself, people ask me whether I’m Portuguese, I’m directly associated with Portugal. Very frequently, in a joking tone, people then make remarks related to the ugliness and hairiness of Portuguese people, of Portuguese women. It’s a stigma that follows me everywhere. If I were for ex. Russian, Ukrainian, Balkan, Scandinavian, etc., that’s not what would come in people’s mind.

You can insult me as you want, saying for ex. I’m a “lowly person” as in the posts above. I know I am full of flaws and I am also lowly in the sense that I come from a miserable Portuguese family of smugglers. I know all of that. But it won’t change anything to the reality I describe, regretting it. Also, being insulted by someone like Bras is rather an asset for me. And why this delusional need, Sebastianus Rex, to make up that I fake my ethnicity??? Why do you say it’s obvious that I’m not European?

You guys are so delusional: confronted with the painful reality I describe, your only answer is to insult me and to pretend I fake my ethnicity.
    Laly, do you have Portuguese nationality?

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Quintessential Western Euro
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese, Walloon, Flemish, Dutch, German, Luxembourgish, English
    Country
    European Union
    Politics
    Lazy housewife
    Hero
    Oblomov
    Religion
    oblomovchtchina
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,019
    Given: 4,943

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggery View Post
    Laly, do you have Portuguese nationality?
    Yes, how does it help???

Last Online
    03-26-2024 @ 03:46 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic,Celtic, Romance
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Argentina
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Yes, how does it help???
    And Portugal has an agreement with Belgium for dual nationalities? I understand that some countries do not accept dual nationality from others.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Country
    European Union
    Politics
    Lazy housewife
    Hero
    Oblomov
    Religion
    oblomovchtchina
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggery View Post
    And Portugal has an agreement with Belgium for dual nationalities? I understand that some countries do not accept dual nationality from others.
    Of course it's possible to hold the Portuguese nationality and also other nationalities at the same time, including the Belgian one. I hold personally three nationalities: Portuguese, Belgian, Luxembourgish.

Companhia dos Leões da Beira
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L21
    mtDNA
    H15
    Religion
    Cultural Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,183
    Given: 16,903

0 Not allowed!

Since when do you need to speak the language of a place in order to evaluate visual beauty, aesthetics?

And whether you like it or not, I’m Portuguese too. But believe me, I would have preferred not to have to tell I’m Portuguese. If I don’t speak the language, it’s because of my conflictual relationship with my Portuguese father. My sister overcame things better than me, she speaks Portuguese, she’s married to a Portuguese man and she lives in Portugal. Also, I understand Portuguese very well, both written and spoken. My surname is Portuguese. When I present myself, people ask me whether I’m Portuguese, I’m directly associated with Portugal. Very frequently, in a joking tone, people then make remarks related to the ugliness and hairiness of Portuguese people, of Portuguese women. It’s a stigma that follows me everywhere. If I were for ex. Russian, Ukrainian, Balkan, Scandinavian, etc., that’s not what would come in people’s mind.

You can insult me as you want, saying for ex. I’m a “lowly person” as in the posts above. I know I am full of flaws and I am also lowly in the sense that I come from a miserable Portuguese family of smugglers. I know all of that. But it won’t change anything to the reality I describe, regretting it. Also, being insulted by someone like Bras is rather an asset for me. And why this delusional need, Sebastianus Rex, to make up that I fake my ethnicity??? Why do you say it’s obvious that I’m not European?

You guys are so delusional: confronted with the painful reality I describe, your only answer is to insult me and to pretend I fake my ethnicity.
    Laly, you posted that photo in at least two or three different threads insinuating that Portuguese women are ugly and unimpressive, with the clear intention of getting a reaction from Portuguese members. You got it as you wanted and now you're playing the victimization card. First of all, you're not Portuguese. You're someone of partial Portuguese descent, which is different. We also realize that you're ashamed and don't like being partly Portuguese, but it's not our fault. Personally, the part of your family that comes from Portuguese smugglers is the only one that seems interesting and cool to me. I'm not interested in your Belgian royal family with zero historical relevance. If you were of Eastern European origin the stigma would be that of being a gold digger, so choose your poison accordingly to what is more fitting to you, either being labeled as hairy or as a prostitute in Belgium. As if it mattered what Belgians think or not since barely anyone even remembers their existence but that could be my chauvinistic side, another typical Portuguese trait according to you.
    YDNA: R1b-L21 > DF13 > S1051 > FGC17906 > FGC17907 > FGC17866

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Country
    European Union
    Politics
    Lazy housewife
    Hero
    Oblomov
    Religion
    oblomovchtchina
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Brás Garcia de Mascarenhas View Post
    Laly, you posted that photo in at least two or three different threads insinuating that Portuguese women are ugly and unimpressive, with the clear intention of getting a reaction from Portuguese members. You got it as you wanted and now you're playing the victimization card. First of all, you're not Portuguese. You're someone of partial Portuguese descent, which is different. We also realize that you're ashamed and don't like being partly Portuguese, but it's not our fault. Personally, the part of your family that comes from Portuguese smugglers is the only one that seems interesting and cool to me. I'm not interested in your Belgian royal family with zero historical relevance. If you were of Eastern European origin the stigma would be that of being a gold digger, so choose your poison accordingly to what is more fitting to you, either being labeled as hairy or as a prostitute in Belgium. As if it mattered what Belgians think or not since barely anyone even remembers their existence but that could be my chauvinistic side, another typical Portuguese trait according to you.
    It's not just in Belgium that the Portuguese are known for being often very ugly and hairy. Even on this forum, I have read comments evoking that from several members from different parts of the world. Including from a member who had done a trip both in Spain and in Portugal.

And yes, it's time for Portuguese people, including you guys on this forum, to address the problem head-on, to find a solution, so that the Portuguese would be more beautiful on average. There are nations with a high percentage of beautiful people, and others, such as Portugal, with a very small one. This must change. You must do something, it can't continue like this.

Companhia dos Leões da Beira
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L21
    mtDNA
    H15
    Religion
    Cultural Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,183
    Given: 16,903

3 Not allowed!

I almost fell off my donkey's cart when I read this while stroking my moustache. After the initial shock, I laughed with the few teeth I still have left.
    YDNA: R1b-L21 > DF13 > S1051 > FGC17906 > FGC17907 > FGC17866

Last Online
    03-26-2024 @ 03:46 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic,Celtic, Romance
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Argentina
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

It's not just in Belgium that the Portuguese are known for being often very ugly and hairy. Even on this forum, I have read comments evoking that from several members from different parts of the world. Including from a member who had done a trip both in Spain and in Portugal.

And yes, it's time for Portuguese people, including you guys on this forum, to address the problem head-on, to find a solution, so that the Portuguese would be more beautiful on average. There are nations with a high percentage of beautiful people, and others, such as Portugal, with a very small one. This must change. You must do something, it can't continue like this.
    Which user who visited Spain and Portugal said that in Portugal he saw ugly people?

Personally, I don't think that Portugal has more ugliness than other European countries. Are there ugly people in Portugal? Of course, just as there are beautiful people, beauty is also subjective, what may seem ugly to you, to another person will be beautiful and vice versa.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:31 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    brazilian
    Ethnicity
    brazil
    Country
    Brazil
    Religion
    atheism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 136
    Given: 3

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianus Rex View Post
    Volte no começo do século 20 nos países do sul da Europa e o vinho era disparado a bebida mais consumida na europa latina do sul, hoje a cerveja esta ganhando um terreno monstruoso na área, se não me engano já é a bebida mais consumida da espanha por exemplo
    É normal, a cerveja é menos alcoólica, mais leve e mais barata e em climas mais quentes como os do sul da Europa o facto de agora se beber cerveja gelada por causa da refrigeração também pesa muito. Há 100 anos atrás ninguém queria beber cerveja quente em climas como os nossos, com verõesmuito quentes, enquanto que em países frios da Europa ainda hoje issso ainda é comum.[/QUOTE]

A coisa bizarra é que um país centro-norte da Europa como a França é o único que mantém o costume de ainda esmagadoramente beber vinho ao invés de cerveja.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:36 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Peloponnese
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    Pontid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,452
    Given: 7,901

0 Not allowed!

Does it actually ever snow in Portugal?

Here in Greece, it's quite well-known to snow a lot. In fact, even with higher temperature, close to 12% of the mainland is covered in snow. And in the previous week, it reached 25%, and we had close to 0 degrees here in Athens. How about Portugal?
    "Why should I fear death? If I am, death is not. If death is, I am not"
    - Επίκουρος

Page 137 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140 LastLast

Thread Information