Page 118 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1400

Thread: Ask to Portuguese Members anything about Portugal

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,478
    Given: 5,059

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tongio View Post
    Even in the north of Portugal vowels are eaten and words are shortened in a stressed manner, this i guess is recent change and Lisbon influence.
    We do have non-portuguese influences in PT-BR but those are mostly restricted to some few words of mostly native origin( name of local plants, foods for example, ) african influence is very minor and did not affect our accent as a whole (only maybe in salvador, quilombos and favelas), the L in Brazil being pronounced as an U is uncertain but might be like our strong guturral R just the elites trying to sound french. Our portuguese pronuntiation slower paced with well pronounced vowels is closer to 15th century portuguese, not an african influence, i am not trying to ofend, we can understand galicians more easily maybe It is no coincidence, and they are also pretty close to the old common root. I don't know what you guys are doing with your vowels but soon you will be speaking a slavic language(just joking).
    First off languages are alive and changing, none is the same as 5 centuries far from it, of course, here the question is how much.
    Vowels in Northern Portugal are a more opened than in the south but, certainly not like Castilian as we speak Portuguese but you seem to know better. I gave the example of Catalan who pronounce some words in the same exact way as us, closed vowels and everything. Castilian was influenced a bit by basque that later influenced Galician. Galician language isn't that close to the root as it is Castillian influenced duh. You know that many speak Galician with influenced accents from Castilian language, right? Galician language especially the youth is for many their second language, not the first. Go there and see how many galicians speak it outside old people from the villages. Brazilians and their cringe fixation with Galicians... Watch the video I posted previously and learn something.
    Nonetheless Galician still sounds more like Northern Portuguese obviously, Vs for Bs, om instead of ão and one of the biggest diferences between Castilian and Galaico-Portuguese the diphthongs ei, ou, ai, all pronounced openly among other things and all almost absent in Brazilian accents (lôco, manêro, Brasilêro etc).
    You understand simply because they are speaking a language closer to Portuguese and opening their vowels like Castilian, still I doubt that you truly understand independently of that Galician and Portuguese are two different languages.

Speaking exactly the same way as my grandparents accents not Brazilian's Actually my grandma would say things like auga (água). I'm part Galician dude and more than I have listed on my profile, plus my Portuguese side is right next to the border, I know a bit about what I'm talking.

And yes, people from Lisbon sent emissaries on a horse to Northern Portugal, and told us to close our vowels The influence of Lisbon is a very recent one due to media but still majority speak with their native accents, more educated people will be a bit cautious and will try to pronounce the Vs and the ão correctly but that's it. My grandparents for example grew up without TV or radio in a Portugal like them as well where most of the population was illiterate they would learn the language "boca a boca". I can assure you 150 years ago at least we would speak the similarly as today, as my grandparents if alive were more than 100 years and they never told me their grandparents spoke any differently.
    Northern Portugal and especially Trás-os-Montes are isolated regions who maintained many of the characteristics closer to the roots of the original Portuguese and traditions that are almost absent in Brazil which isn't a coincidence as Portuguese in Brazil was never like ours imo except from Portuguese people fresh out of the boat, but not for the population in general actually like I mentioned till the 18th century a mixed language was common there.
    O seu isolamento secular permitiu porém a sobrevivência de tradições culturais que marcam a identidade portuguesa.
    https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tr%C3%...s_e_Alto_Douro

You guys inherit a good way of how you pronounce your vowels precisely from African dialects the L for U as I mentioned but far from that alone the cadence/velocity as well even to the way you act being more joyful warmer etc but that's another story. Go to Africa and see how they speak, the ones with truly african accents not the ones who were heavily influenced by us.
    Other than the vowels, you also inherit from them the way you cut the Rs at the end of the words like andá, cantá, dizê etc. Muié instead of mulher, " “eu vi tu na feira ontem” Also the way you don't pronounce the plural of words as well at times. African dialects were more vowel dominant than consonant, that's why you guys also speak the way you do.
    Influências de línguas africanas no Português do Brasil

Morfologia e sintaxe

- Tendência na linguagem popular brasileira de assinalar o plural dos substantivos apenas pelos artigos que sempre os antecedem. Exemplos: “os livro”, “as casa”, segundo o padrão do plural dos nomes, feito por meio de prefixos nas línguas bantos.

- Instabilidade de gênero dos nomes, observada no cancioneiro português antigo e, também, na linguagem popular e na fala do “preto-velho” (entidade muito popular na umbanda). Exemplo: “minha senhor”.

Fonologia, pronúncia

- Tendência em omitir as consoantes finais das palavras ou transformá-las em vogais, o que coincide com a estrutura silábica das palavras em banto e em iorubá, que nunca terminam em consoante. Exemplos: “falá”, “dizê”, “Brasiu”.

- Ainda de acordo com a estrutura silábica dessas línguas, tendência em omitir encontros consonantais, pela intromissão de uma vogal entre elas. Exemplos: “fulô” para “flor”; “sarava” para “salvar”.
    Read this article that I found, everything written I can confirm it exists in African countries of Portuguese language.
    http://multirio.rio.rj.gov.br/index....lado-no-brasil

Even in terms of vocabulary there's some, not much but exists:
    https://notaterapia.com.br/2017/08/1...io-brasileiro/

In regards to the djis, and tjis instead of Di and ti, I've heard in some creole languages but that I can't tell for certain if it is or not african influence, in Angola and Mozambique doesn't exist though, but from Portuguese isn't as well.

Anyways, the base of your language is the mixture of Portuguese spoken by many non literate (not a critic), African and native dialects (especially phonetics vocabulary not much) plus the huge waves of immigrants, the São Paulo and the Italians example is such a flawless example lol and that is from where the richness of your accents comes, you can believe what you want that I'm not gonna waste more time with this but you are just coping.
    Don't forget this "logically it's impossible that the population that is the most isolated with less contact with other peoples being the ones to change the most."
    Last edited by ÁGUIA; 04-11-2022 at 07:00 AM.

Last Online
    03-31-2024 @ 02:49 PM
    Ethnicity
    Brazilian
    Ancestry
    Portuguese (North and Azores) Italian (Veneto) Native and SSA minor
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Sao Paulo
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,745
    Given: 749

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Damião de Góis View Post
    Well, sadly this part of our history isn't very known here. I didn't learn about it school, in school they focused more on Brazil and Africa because those colonies lasted longer.
    I think most people in Portugal aren't aware of our big our empire once was. I guess people are aware of Goa now because our current prime minister has ancestry from there.
    Falando nisso, como anda a situação do português em Timor-Leste? Lembro-me de uns anos atrás ler notícias que Brasil e Portugal estava enviando professores para ensinar e manter a língua viva no país, e com apoio do governo local. Acho fundamental isso sinceramente, já que o Português praticamente morreu na Ásia, com exceção de alguns idosos em Goa ou timorenses que ainda possuem conhecimento do Português apesar de todos os anos de domínio indonésio.

Quote Originally Posted by ÁGUIA View Post

Brazilian accents are "mixed" though and evolved from non Portuguese people as well. In Brazil colony, Portuguese were minority and if I am correct till 18th century in Brazil many spoke still a mixed language, that alone gave strong input from non Portuguese languages to Brazilian accents due to the way Brazil was colonized and how the language was "imposed" on non Portuguese people. From African dialects (strong influence and with many similarities with the Palops, for example you guys say Brásiu due to them), to Italian ones especially in São Paulo region, to others, it's all there. Italian population actually is a good away to show how a population that immigrated and settled in mass in a region can influence a language of a country. Brazilian phonetics have strongly non Portuguese influences my friend.

Sim, nós falamos algumas palavras que são de origem africana como ''bunda'' ou ''moleque'' e também possuímos influência indígena nativa, por exemplo até o final do século 18 aqui em São Paulo e no Paraná os locais eram bilíngues, falantes de português e da língua geral paulista, uma língua baseada no tupi, semelhante ao Paraguai de hoje, onde eles falam espanhol e guarani.

https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%C3%A...geral_paulista

Mas falando apenas de sotaques, apesar de termos recebido influência africana, não acho sinceramente que nosso sotaque, nosso modo de falar é parecido com os africanos lusófonos, o sotaque deles e o modo de falar é diferente demais de nós.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:28 PM
    Ethnicity
    Brazilian
    Country
    Brazil
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 129
    Given: 87

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sasaolo68 View Post
    I don't know which part of Brazil would have the closest accent to Portuguese, theorically the closest would actually be from Rio de Janeiro in the Southeast Brazil, but the Portuguese accent is still very different than the accent from Rio de Janeiro.
    Probably Florianópolis. Manezinho:

Last Online
    03-31-2024 @ 02:49 PM
    Ethnicity
    Brazilian
    Ancestry
    Portuguese (North and Azores) Italian (Veneto) Native and SSA minor
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Sao Paulo
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,745
    Given: 749

0 Not allowed!

Eu tenho uma dúvida mais específica:

A respeito de nomes, em Portugal vocês costumam chamar pessoas com esses nomes por esses apelidos, ou isso é algo apenas do Brasil mesmo?

André - Dedé ou Dé.
    Luís - Lula.
    Manuel - Mané.
    Augusto - Guto.
    Rodrigo - Diguinho.
    Ricardo - Cacá ou Kaká.
    Francisco - Tiquinho.
    Eduardo - Dudu ou Duda.
    José Carlos - Zeca.
    João Paulo - JP.
    Alexandre - Xande.
    Gustavo - Guga.
    Beatriz - Bia.
    Maria Luísa - Malu.
    Bárbara - Babi.

Companhia dos Leões da Beira
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L21
    mtDNA
    H15
    Religion
    Cultural Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,167
    Given: 16,884

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post

A respeito de nomes, em Portugal vocês costumam chamar pessoas com esses nomes por esses apelidos, ou isso é algo apenas do Brasil mesmo?

André - Dedé ou Dé.
    Luís - Lula.
    Manuel - Mané.
    Augusto - Guto.
    Rodrigo - Diguinho.
    Ricardo - Cacá ou Kaká.
    Francisco - Tiquinho.
    Eduardo - Dudu ou Duda.
    José Carlos - Zeca.
    João Paulo - JP.
    Alexandre - Xande.
    Gustavo - Guga.
    Beatriz - Bia.
    Maria Luísa - Malu.
    Bárbara - Babi.
    Só em alguns nomes. Desses aí só a Bia (Beatriz) é igual por cá. Alexandre seira Alex, José seria Zé e Francisco seria Chico. Os outros nomes não estou a ver qual seria o diminutivo. Talvez Manu e Edu para Manuel e Eduardo mas não é muito comum.
    YDNA: R1b-L21 > DF13 > S1051 > FGC17906 > FGC17907 > FGC17866

"O sertanejo é antes de tudo um forte." Jingle Bell's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:26 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Latin-American & Romance.
    Ethnicity
    Bahian (Sertão & Recôncavo), Portuguese (Center & North).
    Ancestry
    Sesmaria de Peixoto Viegas, Recôncavo, Aveiro, Coimbra, Porto.
    Country
    Brazil
    Y-DNA
    E-L515.
    mtDNA
    L2c4.
    Taxonomy
    Mulatto.
    Hero
    Novos Baianos.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,419
    Given: 4,234

0 Not allowed!

Olá membros do outro lado do Atlântico
    Minha pergunta é, vejo em vários lugares memes sobre a tal " amadora" em Portugal mas nunca compreendi o motivo XD poderiam explicar?
    More Details about my Brazilian & Portuguese ancestry:
    Spoiler!

Companhia dos Leões da Beira
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L21
    mtDNA
    H15
    Religion
    Cultural Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,167
    Given: 16,884

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jingle Bell View Post
    Olá membros do outro lado do Atlântico
    Minha pergunta é, vejo em vários lugares memes sobre a tal " amadora" em Portugal mas nunca compreendi o motivo XD poderiam explicar?
    É uma cidade nos subúrbios de Lisboa, notória pela comunidade Africana e insegurança. Nunca vi esses memes no entanto, podes postar um exemplo?
    YDNA: R1b-L21 > DF13 > S1051 > FGC17906 > FGC17907 > FGC17866

Banned
    Last Online
    04-02-2023 @ 02:47 AM
    Ethnicity
    Pantanal Pathfinder
    Country
    North-Korea
    Politics
    Ethnonationalism and Eugenics
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,358
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Algum membro português já esteve presente no evento da "Feira da Foda"? Como foi a experiência?

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Region
    Lisbon
    Y-DNA
    G-L91
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto/Gracile-Med intermediate + Alpinid influence
    Politics
    Centre-Right
    Religion
    Atheism
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,921
    Given: 3,043

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post

André - Dedé ou Dé.
    Luís - Lula.
    Manuel - Mané.
    Augusto - Guto.
    Rodrigo - Diguinho.
    Ricardo - Cacá ou Kaká.
    Francisco - Tiquinho.
    Eduardo - Dudu ou Duda.
    José Carlos - Zeca.
    João Paulo - JP.
    Alexandre - Xande.
    Gustavo - Guga.
    Beatriz - Bia.
    Maria Luísa - Malu.
    Bárbara - Babi.
    António (Toni), Manuel (Manel), Francisco (Chico), José (Zé) são os únicos que costumo ouvir chamar.

"O sertanejo é antes de tudo um forte." Jingle Bell's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:26 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Latin-American & Romance.
    Ethnicity
    Bahian (Sertão & Recôncavo), Portuguese (Center & North).
    Ancestry
    Sesmaria de Peixoto Viegas, Recôncavo, Aveiro, Coimbra, Porto.
    Country
    Brazil
    Y-DNA
    E-L515.
    mtDNA
    L2c4.
    Taxonomy
    Mulatto.
    Hero
    Novos Baianos.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,419
    Given: 4,234

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Brás Garcia de Mascarenhas View Post
    É uma cidade nos subúrbios de Lisboa, notória pela comunidade Africana e insegurança. Nunca vi esses memes no entanto, podes postar um exemplo?

Esse por exemplo, já vi bastante no reddit mas nunca entendi ja que também nunca havia um contexto junto à imagem
    abYLAGL_460s.jpg
    InShot_20230119_195522325.jpg
    InShot_20230119_195501808.jpg
    More Details about my Brazilian & Portuguese ancestry:
    Spoiler!

Page 118 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128 ... LastLast

Thread Information