Eurasia
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 240
    Given: 14

0 Not allowed!

Default Were our ancestors that perverted

In my university, we are required to take artistic expression class. When we were learning about ancient/pre-abrahamic religions art.... it seemed like the artwork around the world included SEX SEX SEX! And not just normal sex, there were sculptures of people having orgies, pedophilia, bestiality and all kinds of stuff lol. This was everywhere including Ancient Greece, Middle East, India, China, Rome etc.

My professor told me after the spread of Christianity and Islam, people started becoming somewhat prudish and shameful towards these acts. Were our ancestors really that perverted?

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    10-05-2023 @ 06:49 PM
    Ethnicity
    yes
    Country
    Antarctica
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,171
    Given: 7,123

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Breathe View Post
    In my university, we are required to take artistic expression class. When we were learning about ancient/pre-abrahamic religions art.... it seemed like the artwork around the world included SEX SEX SEX! And not just normal sex, there were sculptures of people having orgies, pedophilia, bestiality and all kinds of stuff lol. This was everywhere including Ancient Greece, Middle East, India, China, Rome etc.

My professor told me after the spread of Christianity and Islam, people started becoming somewhat prudish and shameful towards these acts. Were our ancestors really that perverted?
    yes,

hes right
    All around me are familiar faces, worn out places, worn out faces
    Bright and early for the daily races, going nowhere, going nowhere

Last Online
    10-16-2023 @ 09:31 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    American
    Ethnicity
    Eurasia
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 240
    Given: 14

1 Not allowed!

I'm shocked, really. I thought liberalism was a new concept. It seems like to me that people before Abrahamic religions were more perverted then. I mean come on, how can anybody think BESTIALITY, PEDOPHILIA, AND ORGIES are normal?

Filth.

Last Online
    01-01-2020 @ 03:30 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    Norwegian/Danish/Frisian
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Taxonomy
    Nordo-Cromagnid
    Politics
    Paleoconservatism
    Hero
    Canute the Great
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41,637
    Given: 16,016

1 Not allowed!

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ar-Rum, Ottoman, Byzantine
    Ethnicity
    Bosniak
    Ancestry
    25% N.Macedonian, 25% Albanian + 50% Dalmatia Slavic mixed Vlach
    Country
    Bosnia
    Region
    Dalmatia
    Y-DNA
    I2
    mtDNA
    H28
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid + Pontid
    Politics
    Neo-Ottomanism
    Hero
    Tzepeles Komnenos, Mehmed II
    Religion
    Ottoman Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,216
    Given: 5,754

0 Not allowed!

Greeks were apparently experts in bestiality

Banned
    Last Online
    01-14-2018 @ 11:17 AM
    Ethnicity
    Oroqen
    Country
    European Union
    Taxonomy
    Cro-Magnon
    Politics
    VHEMT
    Hero
    Zhirinovsky
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 370
    Given: 151

0 Not allowed!

Not more ‘perverted’ than at any other time in history.

Resident Gadfly
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,095
    Given: 24,273

6 Not allowed!

When we were learning about ancient/pre-abrahamic religions art.... it seemed like the artwork around the world included SEX SEX SEX! And not just normal sex, there were sculptures of people having orgies, pedophilia, bestiality and all kinds of stuff lol. This was everywhere including Ancient Greece, Middle East, India, China, Rome etc. My professor told me after the spread of Christianity and Islam, people started becoming somewhat prudish and shameful towards these acts. Were our ancestors really that perverted?
    Not really. There is a lot of historical revisionist bullshit about fags and pedos on both sides. For example, out of the 80,000 Greek vases found, only 30 of them have overtly homosexual art.

It is true that there was male pederasty in ancient Greece, but it was most often between similar aged teens. Men in Sparta didn't get married until they were 25, but brides began at 15. Athenians had laws explicitly forbiding older men being with teens. Homosexuality was more of a tolerated phase than a 'lifestyle' and everyone was expected to have normal families. You were expected to grow out of it. Further, sodomy was a violation that you only committed upon slaves and prisoners of war. Homosexuals were also mocked in plays. The Greeks also called homosexuals "Kinaidos" meaning causer of shame/curse of Aidos.

The Romans have a reputation for being perverts, and all that we think we know about the Romans comes from early Christian writers who sought to discredit the ancient Roman gods and exaggerated everything massively. Brothels existed at the time, but the prostitutes and their children were outcasts and men visited them in secret. Much of what we know of Roman Empire is probably horseshit, if even one tenth of what we read is true.

Historical Christian writers in Japan very often wrote about how depraved the Japanese were, they often did not separate the sexes in bathhouses and people (obviously) had sex in them all the time (this is even depicted in art), the feudal lords and other men of authority fucked their male subordinates regularly, there was no concept of chastity before marriage (this one still persist today).

The Etruscans loved sex so much that even the Greeks and Romans were embarrassed: surviving frescos depict sodomy, copulation, flagellation and good old-fashioned pederasty all being enjoyed out in the open. Early stuff like Gilgamesh is often so anti-women that they reject them altogether in favour of homosexuality.

In the Middle Ages, nothing changed, and the literature you see from the Middle Ages that mentions sex typically mentions it either as part of a moralistic tale where the promiscuous get what's coming to them or as part of humorous plays ridiculing the promiscuous. The same is true in the Early Modern Era, for example in the work of Shakespeare (who made a lot of references to promiscuity and sex, but typically to ridicule a character or get the public to feel hostile towards that character).
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    We GrecoRomansIberians once did the mistake of civilizing these cave-dwellers ,I suggest we make an alliance with muslims to accelerate their takeover
    Quote Originally Posted by renaissance12 View Post
    Scandinavia is not Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    It's OK to date girls 16+ they are not children remember the old song 'sweet sixteen'
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Whites are often jealous of Blacks for their athleticism, creative talent and sexual prowess.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:12 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Peloponnese
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    Pontid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,452
    Given: 7,901

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    Not really. There is a lot of historical revisionist bullshit about fags and pedos on both sides. For example, out of the 80,000 Greek vases found, only 30 of them have overtly homosexual art.

It is true that there was male pederasty in ancient Greece, but it was most often between similar aged teens. Men in Sparta didn't get married until they were 25, but brides began at 15. Athenians had laws explicitly forbiding older men being with teens. Homosexuality was more of a tolerated phase than a 'lifestyle' and everyone was expected to have normal families. You were expected to grow out of it. Further, sodomy was a violation that you only committed upon slaves and prisoners of war. Homosexuals were also mocked in plays. The Greeks also called homosexuals "Kinaidos" meaning causer of shame/curse of Aidos.

The Romans have a reputation for being perverts, and all that we think we know about the Romans comes from early Christian writers who sought to discredit the ancient Roman gods and exaggerated everything massively. Brothels existed at the time, but the prostitutes and their children were outcasts and men visited them in secret. Much of what we know of Roman Empire is probably horseshit, if even one tenth of what we read is true.

Historical Christian writers in Japan very often wrote about how depraved the Japanese were, they often did not separate the sexes in bathhouses and people (obviously) had sex in them all the time (this is even depicted in art), the feudal lords and other men of authority fucked their male subordinates regularly, there was no concept of chastity before marriage (this one still persist today).

The Etruscans loved sex so much that even the Greeks and Romans were embarrassed: surviving frescos depict sodomy, copulation, flagellation and good old-fashioned pederasty all being enjoyed out in the open. Early stuff like Gilgamesh is often so anti-women that they reject them altogether in favour of homosexuality.

In the Middle Ages, nothing changed, and the literature you see from the Middle Ages that mentions sex typically mentions it either as part of a moralistic tale where the promiscuous get what's coming to them or as part of humorous plays ridiculing the promiscuous. The same is true in the Early Modern Era, for example in the work of Shakespeare (who made a lot of references to promiscuity and sex, but typically to ridicule a character or get the public to feel hostile towards that character).
    Yeah, exactly, homosexuality is vastly overrated for ancient Greece. We were taught this at school very laboriously. And we were taught some classical works referring to the laws you mentioned.

In ancient Greece, and in particular, Athens, the most "liberal", the only thing allowed close to pederasty was the διαμηρίζειν, or simply speaking, intercrural sex, which isn't even sex, but merely thigh masturbation, so to speak. And even that was punishable.

For Sparta, Macedonia and the rest of the Greek world, such acts were punishable to death even.
    "Why should I fear death? If I am, death is not. If death is, I am not"
    - Επίκουρος

High on life and drunk on knowledge
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    05-02-2022 @ 05:30 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ascended Nubian Pharaoh
    Ethnicity
    Canned Fried Chicken
    Ancestry
    Black and Bold
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    E1b1N1GA
    mtDNA
    Nubian
    Taxonomy
    Black Israelite
    Politics
    Ham Sandwich
    Hero
    Elvis
    Religion
    Ham Sandwich Gang
    Relationship Status
    Married to Cousin
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21,067
    Given: 39,632

2 Not allowed!

Perversion implies that they followed the same set of moralities, dogma and intention. Ancient people weren't all perverted, there were moral movements, figures and periods all over the ancient world. Stoicism etc. Stoicism in the west is really the metric and origin of our modern sensibilities not Christianity. In fact Western Christianity borrows a lot from Stocisim imo, maybe taking things too far like clergy not being able to marry or having to abstain.
    Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.

Even if this were hard--that is how it is ! Assuredly, however, by far the harder fate is that which strikes the man who thinks he can overcome Nature, but in the last analysis only mocks her. Distress, misfortune, and diseases are her answer.

Kekgenes K13

1 Swahili+ Jew + Kekistani + Trailerparkistan @ 6.9420

M.T.A
    Celt + Frank (4.869)
    Viking Icelandic + Frank (5.463)
    Viking Icelandic + Celt (5.545)
    Celt + Saxon (5.789)
    Viking Danish + Celt (6.283)
    Celt (6.539)
    Frank (10.13)
    Viking Icelandic (10.34)
    Viking Danish (10.4)
    Saxon (10.79)

kit 2
    Celt + Belgae (4.016)
    Viking Danish + Belgae (5.555)
    Belgae + Frank (5.797)
    Celt + Frank (6.031)
    Celt (6.297)
    Viking Danish + Celt (6.441)
    Belgae (8.662)
    Viking Danish (8.925)
    Frank (9.409)
    Saxon (10.83)

High on life and drunk on knowledge
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    05-02-2022 @ 05:30 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ascended Nubian Pharaoh
    Ethnicity
    Canned Fried Chicken
    Ancestry
    Black and Bold
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    E1b1N1GA
    mtDNA
    Nubian
    Taxonomy
    Black Israelite
    Politics
    Ham Sandwich
    Hero
    Elvis
    Religion
    Ham Sandwich Gang
    Relationship Status
    Married to Cousin
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21,067
    Given: 39,632

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno View Post
    Yeah, exactly, homosexuality is vastly overrated for ancient Greece. We were taught this at school very laboriously. And we were taught some classical works referring to the laws you mentioned.

In ancient Greece, and in particular, Athens, the most "liberal", the only thing allowed close to pederasty was the διαμηρίζειν, or simply speaking, intercrural sex, which isn't even sex, but merely thigh masturbation, so to speak. And even that was punishable.

For Sparta, Macedonia and the rest of the Greek world, such acts were punishable to death even.
    Even if it's true who really cares though, it's not like the Ancient Greeks, Celts etc were Christians, a lot of it from my understanding (mainly Sparta) was due to sexual segregation. Spartan males largely did not live at home or ever get to see their wives. The Athenians were much more family oriented and thus it was not as common with the Athenians. I think it's kinda pointless to apply our views on anything to ancient people. They were and now we are. There are much more pressing issues in the world worthy of discussion.
    Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.

Even if this were hard--that is how it is ! Assuredly, however, by far the harder fate is that which strikes the man who thinks he can overcome Nature, but in the last analysis only mocks her. Distress, misfortune, and diseases are her answer.

Kekgenes K13

1 Swahili+ Jew + Kekistani + Trailerparkistan @ 6.9420

M.T.A
    Celt + Frank (4.869)
    Viking Icelandic + Frank (5.463)
    Viking Icelandic + Celt (5.545)
    Celt + Saxon (5.789)
    Viking Danish + Celt (6.283)
    Celt (6.539)
    Frank (10.13)
    Viking Icelandic (10.34)
    Viking Danish (10.4)