Page 6 of 52 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Visiting Armenia

Banned
    Last Online
    02-08-2021 @ 10:14 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Euromutt & fag
    Ethnicity
    French (Normandy, Alsace), German (Saxony, Lower Silesia), Spanish Basque (Biskaya)
    Ancestry
    Some cheeky monkeys with opposable first digit
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Occitania
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L20
    Taxonomy
    Probably subnordid
    Politics
    Libtardism, European federalism, anti-nationalism
    Religion
    never complain, never explain
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,268
    Given: 1,561

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Manzikert View Post
    Don't forget to visit the genocide memorial. That's pretty much the only thing that Armenia offers for tourists actually.
    You forget the monasteries of Geghard, Tatev, Khor Virap, Noravank, the Temple of Garni, the Debed Canyon, the cathedral of Etchmiadzin and more...

But since you mentioned the genocide memorial, let's talk about it. It's something we don't really learn at school in France. We only focus on WW1 and the aftermath of the Treaty of Versailles. We don't learn how the Young Turks from the Committee of Union and Progress persecuted the Armenians, the ideal scapegoats of a dying Ottoman Empire. The Turks, assisted by their fellow Muslim comrades the Kurds and the Circassians, behaved like jackals, there's no other word, and slaughtered Christian victims: Armenians of course but also Pontic Greeks and Assyrians. Men were shot and women, elderly, children were deported to the Syrian and Mesopotamian deserts where they couldn't survive the scorching heat Young girls were sold for the harems. Atatürk continued the same shameful policy before he proclaimed the Republic.

Sorry for reminding this tragedy, it's still a bone of contention in Turkey, but truth has to be known. I still like Turkey and the Turkish world the same way I like Germany even though I blame the Nazis for what they did.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-10-2018 @ 10:14 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Turcoman, Yörük, Manav
    Country
    Turkey
    Religion
    Death
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,840
    Given: 1,720

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Melki View Post
    You forget the monasteries of Geghard, Tatev, Khor Virap, Noravank, the Temple of Garni, the Debed Canyon, the cathedral of Etchmiadzin and more...

But since you mentioned the genocide memorial, let's talk about it. It's something we don't really learn at school in France. We only focus on WW1 and the aftermath of the Treaty of Versailles. We don't learn how the Young Turks from the Committee of Union and Progress persecuted the Armenians, the ideal scapegoats of a dying Ottoman Empire. The Turks, assisted by their fellow Muslim comrades the Kurds and the Circassians, behaved like jackals, there's no other word, and slaughtered Christian victims: Armenians of course but also Pontic Greeks and Assyrians. Men were shot and women, elderly, children were deported to the Syrian and Mesopotamian deserts where they couldn't survive the scorching heat Young girls were sold for the harems. Atatürk continued the same shameful policy before he proclaimed the Republic.

Sorry for reminding this tragedy, it's still a bone of contention in Turkey, but truth has to be known. I still like Turkey and the Turkish world the same way I like Germany even though I blame the Nazis for what they did.
    Armenians were deported because of collaborating with Russians, putting up armed resistance against the government and the cruel actions of Armenian gangs against the muslim civilians. What happened to the thousands of innocent Armenians was a tragedy but stop being snobby and whitewash their crimes under the "genocide" banner. There was no single evil side in that conflict.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Euromutt & fag
    Ethnicity
    French (Normandy, Alsace), German (Saxony, Lower Silesia), Spanish Basque (Biskaya)
    Ancestry
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Occitania
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L20
    Taxonomy
    Probably subnordid
    Politics
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Armenians were deported because of collaborating with Russians, putting up armed resistance against the government and the cruel actions of Armenian gangs against the muslim civilians. What happened to the thousands of innocent Armenians was a tragedy but stop being snobby and whitewash their crimes under the "genocide" banner. There was no single evil side in that conflict.
    She had nothing to do with Russia, and she was representative of hundred of thousands innocent voices.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aurora_Mardiganian

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Turcoman, Yörük, Manav
    Country
    Turkey
    Religion
    Death
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

She had nothing to do with Russia, and she was representative of hundred of thousands innocent voices.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aurora_Mardiganian

So? Both sides have been committed cruel crimes and both people suffered a lot. When you try to stab an Empire in the back in the middle of fucking World War you'll face with the consequences. You look only one side of the story and completly ignore the other. There are still people in Turkey telling stories about how Armenians buthcered their families. Have you ever checked them out?

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Euromutt & fag
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Occitania
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L20
    Taxonomy
    Probably subnordid
    Politics
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

So? Both sides have been committed cruel crimes and both people suffered a lot. When you try to stab an Empire in the back in the middle of fucking World War you'll face with the consequences. You look only one side of the story and completly ignore the other. There are still people in Turkey telling stories about how Armenians buthcered their families. Have you ever checked them out?
    I know that Azeri families were brutalised by Armenian bolsheviks, seeking revenge for the genocide. But there were no mass murders comparable to the Armenian genocide.

Once again, I don't blame Turkey for that. I'm simply stating the facts. Let him who is without sin cast the first stone, German, French, British, Russians, Japanese (in Nanjing and in all their Asian sphere of influence), Spanish conquistadors, Arabs, Laos (Hmong)... there's no people on Earth with no blood on hands.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Turcoman, Yörük, Manav
    Country
    Turkey
    Religion
    Death
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I know that Azeri families were brutalised by Armenian bolsheviks, seeking revenge for the genocide. But there were no mass murders comparable to the Armenian genocide.

Once again, I don't blame Turkey for that. I'm simply stating the facts. Let him who is without sin cast the first stone, German, French, British, Russians, Japanese (in Nanjing and in all their Asian sphere of influence), Spanish conquistadors, Arabs, Laos (Hmong)... there's no people on Earth with no blood on hands.
    Well, I'm talking about the events took place before 1915 but nevermind. You're right. No need to continue because it has no end.

Last Online
    11-11-2020 @ 02:39 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Armenian
    Ethnicity
    Armenian
    Country
    Russia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,047
    Given: 1,137

0 Not allowed!

https://www.menu.am/en/

Menu.am is a fast delivery service in Armenia from 500 restaurants and specialized stores of Yerevan, Gyumri, Tsakhkadzor and Vanadzor. They appear when you are hungry early in the morning, at noon, in the evening and even late at night. They work for 24 hours, seven days a week. They deliver barbeque, pizza, sushi, burgers, Italian pasta, all the possible types of desserts and other different dishes, which would please your appetite. Besides, with the help of their website, you can order flowers, cakes, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, hookah, meals for children, animal food and other products from specialized stores.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Armenian
    Ethnicity
    Armenian
    Country
    Russia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

http://allhotels.am/en/

Site for hotel reservation in Armenia. There is a possibility of panoramic 3D viewing of hotel rooms as well as the possibility of filtering by 25 criteria.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Armenian
    Ethnicity
    Armenian
    Country
    Russia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

International Festival of hot air balloons took place in Yerevan, Armenia.
    Representatives of Armenia, Russia, Bulgaria, Belarus, Latvia and Lithuania participated in the event.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Armenian
    Ethnicity
    Armenian
    Country
    Russia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!