PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
Azerbadjan - Page 7
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Azerbadjan

Banned
    Last Online
    02-08-2021 @ 10:14 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Euromutt & fag
    Ethnicity
    French (Normandy, Alsace), German (Saxony, Lower Silesia), Spanish Basque (Biskaya)
    Ancestry
    Some cheeky monkeys with opposable first digit
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Occitania
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L20
    Taxonomy
    Probably subnordid
    Politics
    Libtardism, European federalism, anti-nationalism
    Religion
    never complain, never explain
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,268
    Given: 1,561

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Armenian Bishop View Post
    Um, did you get a little drunk there, because you're talking like a gullible tourist?

Those "kindest people in whole Transcaucus" would look mean spirited if you'd visited Karabakh first; in fact, they wouldn't have let you into the country. Those whom try to get into Azerbaijan without disguising their visit to Karabakh are considered to be persona non grata; unless, they find themselves a new home in Azerbaijan's prison system, as was the case with the Israeli Russian Jew, Alexander Lapshin. Alexander Lapshin, found himself a new residence in Azerbaijan's prison system, because he visited Armenia's Karabakh stronghold, and spoke out against Baku, Azerbaijan's political evils.
    Yes, I was there as a tourist, and I depict things as seen by a neutral tourist, without political bias.
    I didn't visit Nagorno-Karabakh since I didn't want to jeopardise my chances to visit Azerbaijan. Visitors who apply for a visa are requested to certify that they never went to Karabakh.
    When I crossed the Georgian-Azerbaijani border, the Azeri custom officers asked if I visited Armenia. I couldn't lie since I have stamps from Armenia in my passport. So they wanted to check my bags, looking for possible compromising proofs that I visited Artsakh. I didn't want them to find the sticker of the Armenian flag I bought in Yerevan. So I started to say a few words in Turkish and they ceased to bother me immediately.

This was for the authorities. Normal people, especially the Azeri youth, doesn't really care about Armenia, all the more so because the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict is frozen since 1994.

Azerbaijanis often demonstrated an unexpected francophilia. I thought Armenians were more francophile., because of the Gayssot Law (denying the existence of the Armenian genocide is illegal in France) and Charlestown Aznavour (and all what he did during the 1988 earthquake). But it seems Hayastan only cares about Russia and America.

Quote Originally Posted by user_ View Post
    Azerbaijanis are not used to see foreigners often, so yes, they are very kind and helpful to them. More deep in the countryside you go, more kind people you see. Everybody tries to feed you and give tea. That was true for Georgia also, 10-15 years ago you could get free vine in villages, but now everything is commercialized because of tourist flow has increased.

So i'm pretty sure Melki is right, Azeris are kindest people, if you are not Armenian of course
    100% agree. Georgia is the most complete and diversified country in Transcaucasus. It's also very organised and West-oriented, with good facilities, making it the most suitable nation for tourism. The airport in Kutaisi vomits every summer low-quality tourists travelling for cheap with Wizzair, thousands of Poles want to climb Mount Kazbek.
    I think Georgians are growing fed up of foreign visitors and are maybe less hospitable than before.

With that being said, Georgians were certainly more welcoming 15 years ago. But Georgia was far from being a safe tourist destination under Shevardnaze's rule. Economic policy was chaotic, police was corrupted, gangsters were ruling the country, energy shortfalls were frequent, early tourists were raped in Svaneti.
    Everything changed with "Misha" Saakashvili. He secured the country and developed tourism, wanting to turn Georgia into the Switzerland of the Caucasus.
    Now the 3 Transcaucasian states are safe places to travel, much safer than any West European country.

Tourism is something relatively new in Azerbaijan. Since January 2017, applying for a visa is cheaper and faster on-line, Azerbaijan's board of tourism is now making more efforts to promote the country.
    Now, Azeris are still keen on offering tea and candies to foreign visitors, but for how long?

Banned
    Last Online
    12-08-2018 @ 06:13 PM
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    Oğuz / Turcoman
    Country
    Turkey
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,722
    Given: 1,300

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Danielion View Post
    To quote an Azeri friend of mine

"We're like Jews, but less intelligent."
    It's not Azeri but Azerbaijani. Most of them would be bothered that you call them 'Azeri,

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Euromutt & fag
    Ethnicity
    French (Normandy, Alsace), German (Saxony, Lower Silesia), Spanish Basque (Biskaya)
    Ancestry
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Occitania
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L20
    Taxonomy
    Probably subnordid
    Politics
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Siyendi View Post
    It's not Azeri but Azerbaijani. Most of them would be bothered that you call them 'Azeri,
    Azeri is synonymous for Azerbaijani both in English and Azerbaijani.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azerbaijanis

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    01-03-2024 @ 08:43 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    ------
    Ethnicity
    ----------
    Country
    Georgia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,351
    Given: 1,018

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Melki View Post
    With that being said, Georgians were certainly more welcoming 15 years ago. But Georgia was far from being a safe tourist destination under Shevardnaze's rule. Economic policy was chaotic, police was corrupted, gangsters were ruling the country, energy shortfalls were frequent, early tourists were raped in Svaneti.
    Everything changed with "Misha" Saakashvili. He secured the country and developed tourism, wanting to turn Georgia into the Switzerland of the Caucasus.
    Now the 3 Transcaucasian states are safe places to travel, much safer than any West European country.
    What is your opinion about becoming Georgia part of EU, is it even possible when country is enclosed by Russia and Turkey ?

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Euromutt & fag
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Occitania
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L20
    Taxonomy
    Probably subnordid
    Politics
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by user_ View Post
    What is your opinion about becoming Georgia part of EU, is it even possible when country is enclosed by Russia and Turkey ?
    Yes, with certainty. Look at Cyprus. A disputed and partitioned island closer to the Levant than any other European state. If Cyprus managed to join the EU as early as 2004, then why not Georgia?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:09 PM
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R-CTS241
    mtDNA
    K1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,956
    Given: 11,667

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Siyendi View Post
    That guy I know calls himself Azeri with me. They're synonyms, but Azerbaijani is more commonly heard. I myself prefer Azeri because it's a more irregular name, whereas Azerbaijani is just the adjective based on the name of the country.

Last Online
    06-01-2020 @ 01:03 AM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 164
    Given: 205

4 Not allowed!

I admire the Armenians for their defiance even when they are in a sea of Islam for a thousand years. Nagorno-Karabakh is rightfully part of Armenia and should be accepted by the international community. Azerbaijanis as a group have no claim to those lands and have actively worked together with Turkic nationalists like the Grey Wolves.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    02-23-2018 @ 10:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 761
    Given: 550

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Oizarod View Post
    I admire the Armenians for their defiance even when they are in a sea of Islam for a thousand years. Nagorno-Karabakh is rightfully part of Armenia and should be accepted by the international community. Azerbaijanis as a group have no claim to those lands.

Last Online
    09-06-2023 @ 09:23 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Armenian and Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Armenian & Swiss
    Ancestry
    50% Armenian, from West of Lake Van; 25% Swiss, from Lake Biel Area; 25% Minnesota German.
    Country
    Armenia
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    R1b1b2a1a1
    mtDNA
    U8b
    Politics
    Tashnagtsutyan
    Hero
    (1) Andranik Ozanian (2) Baroness Caroline Cox (3) Robert E Lee (4) Cyrano de Bergerac
    Religion
    Christian Mystic
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,424
    Given: 12,676

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Arduti View Post
    No This ...

Turkic crowd in Sweden, with flags from Azerbaijan, cheering while speaker cries out for "death to Armenian dogs."

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    02-23-2018 @ 10:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 761
    Given: 550

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Armenian Bishop View Post
    No This ...

Turkic crowd in Sweden, with flags from Azerbaijan, cheering while speaker cries out for "death to Armenian dogs."
    It's sad.
    I could never see any human being as a dog.

If you respected yourself, and also if you did not assume the worst about others, you would not spread such filthy things about your people or others' people.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information