Abkhazia
    Taxonomy
    -
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 346
    Given: 31

0 Not allowed!

Default Mothers 'in charge of baby names'

Mothers have a greater say on choosing names for their newborn babies than fathers, according to a survey.

Researchers found four out of ten fathers are forced to back down and let their partners select the name.

It also emerged the average couple consider 12 names before selecting their favourite, but a quarter do not make their final decision until after the baby is born.

The report, commissioned among 3,000 parents by Bounty Parenting Club, also disclosed that a third of couples fall out over their newborn's name.

Faye Mingo, spokeswoman for Bounty, said: ''The name game is a debate which often lasts the whole nine months of the pregnancy and causes the most upsets as couples fail to agree on the best name for their new born.

''It's understandably one of the hardest decisions mum and dad will ever have to make – largely because we do judge a person by their name before we've even got to know them.

''As well as finding a name both partners like there are still loads of other factors parents have to take into consideration when choosing a name – like nicknames, what they will be called in the playground, how the Christian name will sound against their surname, and so on.

''All things considered it's unsurprising that something as important as choosing a name leads to a lot of heated discussion.''
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/family/80...aby-names.html

I guess it's fair considering women have to birth them and they (usually) get the father's surname anyway

Banned
    Last Online
    11-04-2018 @ 05:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    Cuban
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Florida
    Hero
    Tony Montana
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,295
    Given: 26,310

0 Not allowed!

When I have children, I will be the sole decider of what they are named. If the child comes from my sperm, I'm the one giving it a name.

Thread Information