mtDNA
    Mom's side: T1a & K1a1b1a
    Politics
    Center
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52
    Given: 318

0 Not allowed!

Living on the outskirts of a major city - you get a little bit of both worlds. I used to live in city centre as well and I prefer outskirts so much better.
    Last edited by Polish phenotypes; 11-26-2018 at 12:14 AM.

Bogdan

1 Not allowed!

I prefer the small town or village in most ways. Cities can be lively though. There’s pros and cons.

Last Online
    09-02-2023 @ 12:55 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Mestizo
    Ancestry
    British Isles, Mexico
    Country
    Canada
    Politics
    Left
    Religion
    Protestant
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,734
    Given: 1,862

0 Not allowed!

Small town

Last Online
    02-15-2019 @ 02:32 PM
    Ethnicity
    Finn
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 7

0 Not allowed!

For me the best would be a small city's outer areas, that have lots of forest.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-29-2024 @ 11:43 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Poland
    Taxonomy
    -
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,410
    Given: 27,480

0 Not allowed!

For me village

Banned
    Last Online
    09-04-2023 @ 02:54 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ancestry
    Castellanos
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Castile and Leon
    Y-DNA
    Castellanos
    mtDNA
    Castellanos
    Taxonomy
    Spanish paleto culture
    Politics
    Preserving Spanish paleto culture
    Religion
    The only one true Christianism is the Spanish Inquisition
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,690
    Given: 23,946

1 Not allowed!

I live in a small town and I hate it. I would like to live in a village.
    If I had to live in a big city such as Madrid, Barcelona, London, Paris, New York, LA, etc I would suicide myself.

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 06:18 PM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,551
    Given: 27,895

0 Not allowed!

I've lived by the beach, in coastal towns, countryside villages, and in large cities. I can adapt to the lifestyle in all of them.

It's estmitated by experts that the vast majority people will live in cities in the future, as it's more convenient for people.

There's pros and cons about both village and city life.

Cities have more places to study, work, opportunities, places to meet interesting people and make friends, lots of gyms, lots of public services available, restaurants with a diverse range of cuisines to choose from around the globe, lots of academies, colleges, universities, public services, hospitals, more public transport, 24 hour shops, etc.

There's also plenty of large parks and green spaces and a wide range of architecture in cities. There's plenty of music venues to suit every taste.

You can't get bored in cities as they're lively and vibrant and full of life. Cities have their bad areas and their nice areas, so it can also depend on where you live within a city.

Lღndღn.

Rural villages are more peaceful compared to the sounds of police sirens, helicopters, traffic, aeroplanes overhead, trains, etc.

Everyone looks the same, has the same accent, and dresses similarly, and the local restaurants lacks variety... so it can be boring after a while. Everyone knows each others business in small villages, so there's less privacy.

Forget finding a late night takeaway in remote villages.

The stench of horse poo and cow dung is frequently smelt near farms. (I know, because my father was raised in an orphanage on a farm in West Dorset. Whenever he would drive me and my sisters as children in his car to visit the folks who raised him, the car would often get stuck in muddy lanes.... and there was always a smell of cow dung in the air from the surrounding fields full of cows and horses and sheep. Some of my maternal aunts and uncles have their own farms in Dorset. There's a lot of farmland there. I grew up as a child and for most of my teenage years in Dorset, Hampshire, and Kent, before moving away to London as a teenager.)

The air is fresher and the tap water tastes softer and nicer in the countryside compared to the harsher tap water taste in the city. The air quality has improved here with electric vehicles, etc. Also I drink bottled mineral water and filtered tap water as it tastes softer than the tap water in London.

I love the birds in the countryside... although city birds are much tamer and more friendly around humans than the more timid birds in the countryside - as birds in cities live in close proximity to people here - so they're more familiar with being close to people. Birds are scientifically found by ornithologists to sing louder in cities than countryside birds. (They do this to be heard over the noise.)

Foxes are tamer and are treated more kindly by people here in London, - whereas the country folk don't always like foxes as much.

Farmers don't like foxes going near their livestock and farmland and they may shoot them dead.

Fox hunting in the countryside is a cruel and banned sport in England.

An Irish friend of mine in London often buys chicken meat and he cooks it at home, lets it cool down, and then he gives it to the foxes here. A northern English friend of mine in London frequently says that a fox comes near him everytime he goes fishing near a lake in East London. He said he likes giving the fox food to eat.

Some of the numerous foxes in London are even happy to enter peoples homes. They've been frequently moving from the countryside to live in the city.

A man recorded this video of a friendly fox regularly visiting his garden and entering his house in London.

We have several farms in London and also lots of choices of local markets here too.

I miss not seeing the stars and planets at night due to the obstruction of all the city lights.

You can encounter people from all over the globe here in one city... so it's not unusual to hear American accents, Scottish, Irish, Canadian, Australian, French, Italian, Russian, Polish, Japanese people here... although not all immigrants blend in well. I don't like Islamisation, for example. A bit of diversity can be interesting... but I think the amount of foreign immigration is too much in London, and I feel like an alien in my own country sometimes.

It's a lot more difficult to find work and opportunities in remote areas to financially support yourself. Roads and narrow pavements aren't always in good condition in rural areas and are more susceptible to flooding. Villages can feel isolated and remote.

I feel safer and more secure walking along well-lit and busy streets in a city with plenty of CCTV and people everywhere, rather than walking along an eerie and remote and dark countryside lane at night with little or no streetlights, and no witnesses or people around to help you if anything happened to you. It would be scary if your car broke down on a narrow, remote, and dark countryside lane.

Crime rates have to be measured in proportion to the amount of people living in an area. The media only shows the shocking and bad news articles... but look at all the millions of people who aren't victims of crimes each day.
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 02-11-2019 at 06:20 AM.
    ❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀¸.•*¨♥✿ 🎶

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 06:18 PM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,551
    Given: 27,895

0 Not allowed!

This cover version by Guns 'N' Roses of a song originally made by an English punk rock band called 'UK Subs', is hilarious.

'All I need is some inspiration -
    Before I do somebody some harm.
    I feel just like a vegetable,
    Down here on the farm!

Nobody comes to see me,
    Nobody here to turn me on...
    I ain't even got a lover,
    Down here on the farm.

They told me to get healthy,
    They told me to get some sun,
    But boredom eats me like cancer,
    Down here on the farm.

Drinkin' lemonade shanty...
    Ain't nobody here to do me harm,
    But I'm like a fish out of water -
    Down here on the farm.

I wrote a thousand letters,
    Til my fingers all gone numb,
    But I never see no postman...
    Down here on the farm.

I call my baby on the telephone, I say -
    Come down and have some fun.
    But she knows what the score is -
    Down here on the farm.

I can't fall in love with a wheatfield!
    I can't fall in love with a barn!
    Well everything smells like horse shit!
    Down here on the farm!

Blue skies and swimming pools,
    Add so much charm,
    But I'd rather be back in Soho!
    Than down here on the farm...

On the f*ckin' farm...

Are you born in a f*ckin' barn, or what?!

(Imitates the sound of a sheep) 'Baaaa!''

Soho, Central London. If you like music venues and interesting places to eat out, there's lots of choices here.

Countryside lanes ... The countryside seems idyllic sometimes, but it's not very practical for finding a large choice of hospitals, work opportunities, supermarkets, 24 hour cornershops, etc. A lot of people who live in the countryside depend on cars to get around and use their cars to reach their nearest shop, post office, etc, instead of walking. Whereas you can often walk to your nearest shop or local hospital or doctors surgery in London, and there's also plenty of public transport available and lots of bicycle lanes and local bike hire available here too. It's easy to travel around without a car here.

We have these new electric bikes displayed along the pavements in London for the public to hire.

We also have street pianos in some of the train stations and along the pavements and parks here in the summertime for the public to play music on. It's nice hearing music being played as you walk around the city and seeing street entertainers and performing artists.

Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 02-10-2019 at 07:05 PM.
    ❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀¸.•*¨♥✿ 🎶

Resident Gadfly
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,095
    Given: 24,273

1 Not allowed!

I've liked suburbia bordering on rural the best so far. It's chill and spread out, but you still get the benefits of having the amenities of higher population densities not too far away.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information