Politics
    España
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,846
    Given: 2,495

3 Not allowed!

Default Authentic Genuine US Culture

Hi our dear American co-users,

I'm very interested in what do you think it is the authentical, genuine own American Culture, independently with its linkings to other cultures that have reached your country throught all its History.

I mean, what do you considere is authentically American, as a result of the interaction of all those exogene cultures or as an own creation of the American Culture in itsself.

How do you think, moreover, how your culture --the American Culture-- could influence in other cultures of other part in the Word?

Thanks for your answers in advance.

Greetings.

PS: Well, this question would be asked to everyone who wish to participate or share his own opinion about, independently whether he's American or not.
    Last edited by EL_BARBARO; 01-11-2017 at 10:23 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-07-2022 @ 06:32 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    German English
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    anti corruption
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,540
    Given: 9,189

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lobera View Post
    Hi our dear American co-users,

I'm very interested in what do you think it is the authentical, genuine own American Culture, independently with its linkings to other cultures that have reached our country throught all its History.

I mean, what do you considere is authentically American, as a result of the interaction of all those exogene cultures or as a own creation of the American Culture in itsself.

How do you think, moreover, how your culture --the American Culture-- could influence in other cultures of other part in the Word?

Thanks for your answers in advance.

Greetings.

PS: Well, this question would be asked to everyone who wish to participate or share his own opinion about, independently whether he's American or not.
    we can start with your avatar, movies. USA is known for Hollywood and the movie industry.

I would say modern era inventions and mass production of them. Sports, baseball, football, basketball.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-05-2018 @ 07:02 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Español
    Ethnicity
    Celtíbera
    Ancestry
    Española
    Country
    Spain
    Politics
    España
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by KMack View Post
    we can start with your avatar, movies. USA is known for Hollywood and the movie industry.

I would say modern era inventions and mass production of them. Sports, baseball, football, basketball.

Thanks for your comment Kmack.

And yes, you're right! Movies!

Indeed, my avatar is a proof of that. Good movie, by the way, I like it alot.

Lumiere Bros. invented really cinema but those who have made from this invention an authentical Art --and a true business-- it's you Americans!

Sports too, obviously, like the baseball, basketball, (american) football and how to spread them to the entire world.

Other comments, please. More ideas?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    05-24-2021 @ 05:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Politics
    Neo-liberal
    Hero
    Sikeliot
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,258
    Given: 3,510

0 Not allowed!

I am not an american, but i think it's country, reel, cowboys, fiddle, banjo etc., mostly a rular british originated culture

however, more than 50% of Americans have not even one ancestor from the pre-20th century USA so technically most of them are unrelated to this culture.

Modern American culture, especially in terms of music, has african roots.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-07-2022 @ 06:32 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    German English
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    anti corruption
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,540
    Given: 9,189

1 Not allowed!

Levittown, New York

Levittown gets its name from its builder, the firm of Levitt & Sons, Inc. founded by Abraham Levitt on August 2, 1929, which built the district as a planned community between 1947 and 1951. Sons William and Alfred served as the company's president and chief architect and planner, respectively. Levittown was the first truly mass-produced suburb and is widely regarded as the archetype for postwar suburbs throughout the country.[1] William Levitt, who assumed control of Levitt & Sons in 1954, is considered the father of modern suburbia in the United States.[2][3]
    Levittown has become so ingrained in American culture that the Smithsonian Institution in Washington would like to put on display an entire Levittown house. Bill Yeingst, a historian with Smithsonian's National Museum of American History Domestic Life Division[16] said "An original ranch model would be ideal. We would like someone to donate their Levittown house, or we would like to find a donor to provide the funds so that we could secure a Levittown house." He noted that "The stories played out in suburban Levittown are the stories of America. They are stories important to everyone." Although "None of this is set in concrete," according to Mr. Yeingst, "the Levittown house would be dismantled at the site, transported to Washington and reconstructed. Then it would be exhibited along with other innovations in American home life."[17]

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-16-2024 @ 06:34 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mexican-American
    Ethnicity
    Mexican Mestizo
    Ancestry
    Mexico
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Politics
    Center-Right
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,874
    Given: 12,909

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by brennus dux gallorum View Post
    I am not an american, but i think it's country, reel, cowboys, fiddle, banjo etc., mostly a rular british originated culture
    Cowboys have nothing to do with British culture. Mexican Vaqueros gave the USA the cowboy culture.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    05-24-2021 @ 05:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Politics
    Neo-liberal
    Hero
    Sikeliot
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,258
    Given: 3,510

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by RMuller View Post
    Cowboys have nothing to do with British culture. Mexican Vaqueros gave the USA the cowboy culture.
    I know, for that reason i said MOSTLY, not Completely.

I was obviously refering to the rest i said

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Español
    Ethnicity
    Celtíbera
    Ancestry
    Española
    Country
    Spain
    Politics
    España
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by brennus dux gallorum View Post

however, more than 50% of Americans have not even one ancestor from the pre-20th century USA so technically most of them are unrelated to this culture.

Modern American culture, especially in terms of music, has african roots.

thanks for your comment.

just a comment of mine: cowboy culture was really an inheritance from the mexican and andalusian vaquero, I think not a british one.

But yes, all those things are related with the American culture!

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Español
    Ethnicity
    Celtíbera
    Ancestry
    Española
    Country
    Spain
    Politics
    España
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by RMuller View Post

hey papasito, also with my culture, the andalusian one

all with the due respect, mate!

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Español
    Ethnicity
    Celtíbera
    Ancestry
    Española
    Country
    Spain
    Politics
    España
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by KMack View Post
    Levittown, New York

Levittown gets its name from its builder, the firm of Levitt & Sons, Inc. founded by Abraham Levitt on August 2, 1929, which built the district as a planned community between 1947 and 1951. Sons William and Alfred served as the company's president and chief architect and planner, respectively. Levittown was the first truly mass-produced suburb and is widely regarded as the archetype for postwar suburbs throughout the country.[1] William Levitt, who assumed control of Levitt & Sons in 1954, is considered the father of modern suburbia in the United States.[2][3]
    Levittown has become so ingrained in American culture that the Smithsonian Institution in Washington would like to put on display an entire Levittown house. Bill Yeingst, a historian with Smithsonian's National Museum of American History Domestic Life Division[16] said "An original ranch model would be ideal. We would like someone to donate their Levittown house, or we would like to find a donor to provide the funds so that we could secure a Levittown house." He noted that "The stories played out in suburban Levittown are the stories of America. They are stories important to everyone." Although "None of this is set in concrete," according to Mr. Yeingst, "the Levittown house would be dismantled at the site, transported to Washington and reconstructed. Then it would be exhibited along with other innovations in American home life."[17]

Wow, I didn't know it. Thanks a lot for your contribution.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information