R1a>Z93>FT296004
    mtDNA
    U2c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,935
    Given: 7,459

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Martnen View Post
    You're Pashtun why are you so pro-Ukraine?

Lemberg was overwhelmingly Polish in 1939, and Poles are the ones who developed the city into something great - just like the rest of the Kresy.

Slovakia needed the land to grow into, and the Ukrainians could have been moved to the Ukraine proper.

I don't think the Ukraine should be a part of Russia.
    I don't see myself as pro-Ukraine. I just don't support those specific territorial claims being made against them. I don't contest Romania's claims to Northern Bukovina or Bujak.

Slovaks have no strong historical ties or whatever to Transcarpathia. That's why today Slovaks aren't even 1% of the population and there are way more Hungarians there. Why does Slovakia need Ukrainian land to grow into?? They aren't overpopulated or anything.

Lemberg was Polish majority until not too long ago, but it was East Slavic first. Poland can try to claim the land on the grounds of it being a sacred part of Polish history or that Poles developed the city (not that Ukrainians wouldn't have stronger claims but whatever) though, but not on tje grounds of founding the city or being there first. Lemberg only became Polish majority after Polish colonization.

Why don't you think Ukraine should become part of Russia?
    Last edited by Mingle; 02-13-2018 at 03:05 AM.

Banned
    Last Online
    11-04-2018 @ 05:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    Cuban
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Florida
    Hero
    Tony Montana
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,295
    Given: 26,310

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mingle View Post
    I don't see myself as pro-Ukraine. I just don't support those specific territorial claims being made against them. I don't contest Romania's claims to Northern Bukovina or Bujak.

Slovaks have no strong historical ties or whatever to Transcarpathia. That's why today Slovaks aren't even 1% of the population and there are way more Hungarians there. Why does Slovakia need Ukrainian land to grow into?? They aren't overpopulated or anything.

Lemberg was Polish majority until not too long ago, but it was East Slavic first. Poland can try to claim the land on the grounds of it being a sacred part of Polish history or that Poles developed the city (not that Ukrainians wouldn't have stronger claims but whatever) though, but not on tje grounds of founding the city or being there first. Lemberg only became Polish majority after Polish colonization.

Why don't you think Ukraine should become part of Russia?
    Who cares if East Slavic tribes lived in the area first? Lemberg was developed into what it is by Poles, it's rightfully theirs.

I don't really care about the Ukraine one way or another, so I don't care if they become part of Russia, ergo I don't think they should become part of Russia but I also don't think they shouldn't.

Hatchling
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Pashtun-American
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a>Z93>FT296004
    mtDNA
    U2c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,935
    Given: 7,459

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Martnen View Post
    Who cares if East Slavic tribes lived in the area first? Lemberg was developed into what it is by Poles, it's rightfully theirs.

I don't really care about the Ukraine one way or another, so I don't care if they become part of Russia, ergo I don't think they should become part of Russia but I also don't think they shouldn't.
    East Slavic tribes didn't just dwell the area but they founded the city and it was part of Kievan Rus'.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Banned
    Last Online
    11-04-2018 @ 05:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    Cuban
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Florida
    Hero
    Tony Montana
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,295
    Given: 26,310

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mingle View Post
    East Slavic tribes didn't just dwell the area but they founded the city and it was part of Kievan Rus'.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
    The Poles are the ones who developed the city. Just because East Slavs built a few buildings doesn't mean it's their city.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information