Sweden: State-owned company launches campaign to replace standard Swedish with “migrant-inclusive accent”

Sweden: State-owned company launches campaign to replace standard Swedish with “migrant-inclusive accent”
JANUARY 31, 2017 3:07 PM BY ROBERT SPENCER 71 COMMENTS

Why bother? Why not just make the official language Arabic now and be done with it?

“Campaign to Replace ‘Standard Swedish’ With Migrant-Inclusive Accent Launched,” by Virginia Hale, Breitbart, January 31, 2017:

State-owned company Lernia on Tuesday launched a campaign to replace the standard form of Swedish with one that’s more inclusive of migrants.

The ‘new standard Swedish’, developed in collaboration with linguist Mikael Parkvall, mixes together accents and dialects that are commonly spoken in Sweden.

According to the staffing and training company, the new dialect better reflects Sweden in 2017 and the company hopes it will replace the neutral form of Swedish in recorded messages and on answering machines.

Training Manager at Lernia, Ina Tzacheva, told Östra Småland News there’s a labour shortage in Sweden and Europe and so it’s important that people with non-standard accents don’t feel excluded from the jobs market.

Expressing concern that some people are being excluded from work because of the way they speak, she told the newspaper: “We want to focus on how a person’s accent is not reflective of their skills and expertise … We cannot exclude people just because they do not speak in the same way as we do.”

Lernia hopes that businesses and organisations will use ‘new standard Swedish’ on their answering machines, and that it will become the default voice in recorded messages used in, for example, elevators. “We are looking for organisations, companies and sites throughout Kalmar County who want to help modernise the sound of Sweden,” said Ms Tzacheva.

So far, the dialect has already been picked up by Stockholm University’s library, and the Scouts.

Caroline Thunved from the Scouts said: “We are both proud and pleased that we were asked to be the first company to use the new Standard Swedish. As an organisation that is active in criticising [societal] norms in several areas, this now adds a new dimension, namely how we sound when we welcome new and existing members on our switchboard.”

Staff librarian at Stockholm University, Birgitta Lindgren Hellmark, said the institution hopes recordings in the new Standard Swedish will “increase people’s feeling of belonging regardless of pronunciation.

“In addition, [we hope the dialect] inspires conversation about similarities and differences, and why we so often allow differences to divide us even when they are irrelevant.”…

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017...dish-migrants/

salim says
January 31, 2017 at 3:18 pm

Sweden is determined to commit suicide, and when a nation is so determined, its difficult to save. I just feel sorry for those brave people like Ingrid Carlqvist, they got such a hard work to do.

Arabic has already forced itself on Europeans. Words like hijab, halal, jihad, sharia, allah akbar .. etc were almost unknown in Europe only 15 years ago, now they are house hold names.

Islam the religion of killers says
January 31, 2017 at 3:59 pm

There wouldn’t one person in Europe that doesn’t know “allah ackbar”

A Harris USA says
February 1, 2017 at 4:22 pm

So are the expressions like rape, murder, and beheadings.. Oh, let’s not forget that little noun, bomb, quran and of course terror attack.. Seems the Euros are determined to have an end to their civilization. They will have their wish.. Better open the borders to native, Christian and Jewish Euros who want to escape the ME North..

My Opinion says
January 31, 2017 at 3:25 pm

Differences are IRRELEVANT? From what planet did this moron originate?! Tell the young boys, girls, men, and women who have been sexually assaulted, raped, beaten, subjected to sharia compliance that differences are irrelevant! I myself find that the differences between a 21st century and 7th century mentality are QUIT relevant!

My Opinion says
January 31, 2017 at 3:32 pm

“Quite” relevant…see how relevant a minor little “e” is?

Angemon says
January 31, 2017 at 5:24 pm

Expressing concern that some people are being excluded from work because of the way they speak, she told the newspaper: “We want to focus on how a person’s accent is not reflective of their skills and expertise … We cannot exclude people just because they do not speak in the same way as we do.”

Oh, for f***’s sake. Are things so good in Sweden that they need to manufacture an issue about “accent” to show how virtuous and mindful of “the other” they are? Sheesh, and I thought that “mansplaining”, “manspreading” and “micro-aggressions” were straining credibility to its limits…

JayT says
January 31, 2017 at 6:39 pm

Hmm, Swadan, Swedenizan, Swabal, I think these are all good candidates for when the time comes that they’ll want change the country’s name as well.