Ethnicity
    Country
    Costa Rica
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,036
    Given: 1,056

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilma View Post
    I did answer you with coherent proper arguments and led you to the proper thread to talk about Norman ethnogenesis but you ignored all of my sources, my arguments and the concerned proper thread because you are just an ignorant pussy unable to face real attested historical and archeological facts because you only starting the discussion without any other intention that attacking me personnally on a random thread resulting in off-topic.
    The fact that you can't utilize data from your own thread in a mere internet discussion only attests further to your inability to prove anything. That wall of text does not provide any proof for why an "identity" based on feudal lordship founded by foreigners (how big of a cuck you need to be for that) should be considered as an actual ethnicity.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    03-01-2022 @ 08:17 PM
    Ethnicity
    Alien
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,458
    Given: 6,396

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by cosmoo View Post
    The fact that you can't utilize data from your own thread in a mere internet discussion only attests further to your inability to prove anything. That wall of text does not provide any proof for why an "identity" based on feudal lordship founded by foreigners (how big of a cuck you need to be for that) should be considered as an actual ethnicity.
    Now I moved your silly posts in the proper thread, read the OP. My answer is this, everything is here yet. I am not a parrot going to repeat over and over what is already attested and written here.

Norman ethnicity is made from this ethnogenesis.

Last Online
    03-22-2024 @ 08:10 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-germanic
    Ethnicity
    Annunaki Reptilian
    Ancestry
    we wuz Franks with swords killing dragons n shiet
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R1b1b2a1a
    mtDNA
    HV0
    Politics
    Get off my lawn
    Hero
    Adolfo Ramirez
    Religion
    Paganism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,072
    Given: 772

1 Not allowed!

There is this (in French): https://www.sciencesetavenir.fr/arch...vikings_102912

It tells very little because it's just the beginning, they say.

Interesting video (in French) about Vikings in Europe (and Normandy):
    http://www.inrap.fr/l-immigration-sc...invisible-9698
    War doesn't decide who's right, but who's left.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Alien
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tchek View Post
    There is this (in French): https://www.sciencesetavenir.fr/arch...vikings_102912

It tells very little because it's just the beginning, they say.

Interesting video (in French) about Vikings in Europe (and Normandy):
    http://www.inrap.fr/l-immigration-sc...invisible-9698
    Thanks

Yes I remember that article resulting from the research they have made in Western Normandy, I posted the results (for the few they shared) here :

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...ts-In-Normandy

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,097
    Given: 28,473

1 Not allowed!

This study on the Cotentin should be very interesting. They are taking a long time to release the results though but that appears to be the case in all these dna studies. You need lots of patience waiting for the results.

ANALYSIS

We have taken samples from c. 100 men who fulfil one or both of the sampling criteria. Because surnames are paternally inherited, only men have been asked to take part. This is a methodological issue rather than a historical one: we are aware that women played a significant role in the Scandinavian diaspora. Over and above our interest in surnames, men carry both the Y-Chromosome (past from father to son) and Mitochondrial DNA (passed from mother to both sons and daughters). Consequently sampling males permits the collection and analysis of these two dimensions of human DNA to be most efficiently achieved.

This study will use a model established by the Wellcome Trust-funded People of the British Isles project to analyse the results. DNA will be extracted from the saliva and whole genome SNP typing carried out using the Affymetrix Genome-Wide Human SNP array. Whole genome SNP typing allows us to ascertain the DNA sequence that an individual carries at ~1 million sites simultaneously across the genome and examine genetic variability in and between populations. This is a method which provides a powerful way of understanding genetic ancestry and has been used very successfully in studies of the population genetics of modern populations in Europe. The 'old Normandy' population data-set will undergo population genetic analysis alongside British, Norwegian, Danish and other European datasets.

When the research is published, we will ensure that it is not possible to identify individuals who took part in the study.
    https://www2.le.ac.uk/projects/impac...ntin-peninsula

I know in this study they found M222 (my paternal dna) the so called "Niall of the Nine Hostages" ydna which is rather intriguing. This study when released will be able to answer some questions about Viking (or Scandinavian) dna in Normandy.

Last Online
    11-25-2017 @ 12:32 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Southern American Anglo-Saxon
    Ancestry
    Patrilineal: Ulster Scottish, majority English & Welsh
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Delaware
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    Taxonomy
    who knows
    Politics
    Ethno-nationalism
    Hero
    Grape-kun
    Religion
    Anglican/Episcopal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 6

1 Not allowed!

http://www.ancestraljourneys.org/normans.shtml - My addition to the data pool, contains some info on surnames, R1a1 and Normans in Britain.

Can anyone from Normandy confirm or deny the rumor that Normans are taller and fairer than most French? Seems to me if that is true it would be a clue of Norse ancestry, but not necessarily. At the very least, it means Germanic (as seen from the Dutch, Franks can get very Nordic looking as well).
    To live and die in Dixie, hurrah, hurrah...
    Gone but never forgotten

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    02-24-2024 @ 05:24 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Highlander Greek
    Ancestry
    Mountains....mountains Gandalf
    Country
    Greece
    Y-DNA
    E-Z5018
    mtDNA
    J1c
    Taxonomy
    Dinarized Alpine Pontid
    Hero
    Herodotus
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,066
    Given: 11,454

1 Not allowed!

I just came here for Rollo

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Alien
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Grace O'Malley View Post
    This study on the Cotentin should be very interesting. They are taking a long time to release the results though but that appears to be the case in all these dna studies. You need lots of patience waiting for the results.

https://www2.le.ac.uk/projects/impac...ntin-peninsula

I know in this study they found M222 (my paternal dna) the so called "Niall of the Nine Hostages" ydna which is rather intriguing. This study when released will be able to answer some questions about Viking (or Scandinavian) dna in Normandy.
    Thanks a lot !

I was hopeless to find news about their research to be honest. I heard they were not willing to share their results with Normans because France won't allow them to share it there and medias won't help. Fortunately english sources and internet make possible to know it maybe, I hope so !

Can't wait to see that !

About your paternal DNA, as I told you, probably Norse-Gaels who settled in this Western Normandy area (where the men have been tested, only in that part) have left input. Or maybe the reverse, maybe your paternal DNA is from Normans who settled in Ireland but I think the first hypothesis sounds better.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Alien
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by mrcmc888 View Post
    http://www.ancestraljourneys.org/normans.shtml - My addition to the data pool, contains some info on surnames, R1a1 and Normans in Britain.

Can anyone from Normandy confirm or deny the rumor that Normans are taller and fairer than most French? Seems to me if that is true it would be a clue of Norse ancestry, but not necessarily. At the very least, it means Germanic (as seen from the Dutch, Franks can get very Nordic looking as well).
    Hi and thanks for your contribution !

This is not a rumor, Normans are fairer and slightly taller than frenchmen but as fair as Northern all along the sea coast til Belgium. I don't attribute the fairness to Norse ancestry specifically. If you have read the OP /

-Normans are made of = Celts + slight Romans + Saxons and germanic tribes + Franks + later on Norse-Gaels (Norvegian vikings + Irish) + Danish. A huge mix.

The mix of Celts and Germanic tribes might be fair in appearance.

-Frenchmen are made of =
    Gallo-Romans + Franks and some germanic tribes.

They had more Roman and Med admix than we do which could explain partly they are a bit darker on average.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,097
    Given: 28,473

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilma View Post
    Thanks a lot !

I was hopeless to find news about their research to be honest. I heard they were not willing to share their results with Normans because France won't allow them to share it there and medias won't help. Fortunately english sources and internet make possible to know it maybe, I hope so !

Can't wait to see that !

About your paternal DNA, as I told you, probably Norse-Gaels who settled in this Western Normandy area (where the men have been tested, only in that part) have left input. Or maybe the reverse, maybe your paternal DNA is from Normans who settled in Ireland but I think the first hypothesis sounds better.
    The M222 most probably came from Ireland but it is difficult to say without them releasing results. From what I can remember they did some autosomal breakdown as well. M222 is a very Irish / Scottish ydna but unfortunately there is not enough testing in places like France so this Contentin study is great. Now if only they would release the results.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information