PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
Should parents smoking pot lose custody of their children? - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Should parents smoking pot lose custody of their children?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-12-2024 @ 06:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,865
    Given: 7,349

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bari View Post
    If their children is exposed to the smoke; Yes. Tobacco is not a drug in the same way as pot, so its a rather bad comparison Imo.
    It's as bad for the child's health, though. My mom grew up in a smoke-saturated home. Was that child abuse? I think it's regretful, but I'm not so sure I prefer foster care.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 04:56 AM
    Ethnicity
    Your Cuddly Choco Bear
    Ancestry
    Mixed - Multiracial - Multicultural
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58,106
    Given: 58,881

1 Not allowed!

I agree with Sikeliot Marihuanna should be legal, to smoke a joint is not different then to drink a wodka shot. Of course you need to be restrictive of your use and to be able to function you shouldnt be a "pothead"
    My AncestryDNA autosomal results [yes it is a link click on it]
    “The patriot, like the Christian, must learn that to bear revilings and persecutions is a part of his duty; and in proportion as the trial is severe, firmness under it becomes more requisite and praiseworthy.” ~ Thomas Jefferson, 1805

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-28-2018 @ 09:41 AM
    Ethnicity
    Samhället
    Country
    Sweden
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 534
    Given: 572

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    It's as bad for the child's health, though. My mom grew up in a smoke-saturated home. Was that child abuse? I think it's regretful, but I'm not so sure I prefer foster care.
    It sure is bad. I consider it child abuse to expose children of smoke, however that was a different era. Today people are more educated about the harms of tobacco and therefore there should be consequenses accordingly. While foster care is a drastic move, I consider it highly unethical and selfish that anyone today would knowingly expose their children to smoking like they did in the past. Any parent today that value their smoking above their childrens health are immoral and I would question their ability to be a parent.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Samhället
    Country
    Sweden
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    I agree with Sikeliot Marihuanna should be legal, to smoke a joint is not different then to drink a wodka shot. Of course you need to be restrictive of your use and to be able to function you shouldnt be a "pothead"
    So you would consider it fine that parents light up a joint in front of their children? I do not think parents should consume any drug whether its pot or alcohol in front of their children. When you have a family and raise children I think there should be other priorities than getting intoxicated and rather set a healthy example.

Is there any good reason to promote alcohol? The cons by far outweigh any pros. There are countless studies done that unmask the consequenses alcohol have on society. Just because its been around for a long time and is legal by Law does not make it a good thing. The whole perception of alcohol needs to be re-evaluated.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-12-2024 @ 06:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,865
    Given: 7,349

1 Not allowed!

It sure is bad. I consider it child abuse to expose children of smoke, however that was a different era. Today people are more educated about the harms of tobacco and therefore there should be consequenses accordingly. While foster care is a drastic move, I consider it highly unethical and selfish that anyone today would knowingly expose their children to smoking like they did in the past. Any parent today that value their smoking above their childrens health are immoral and I would question their ability to be a parent.
    I don't disagree with that. It's despicable behavior. Maybe some kind of fine would be in order.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Your Cuddly Choco Bear
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

So you would consider it fine that parents light up a joint in front of their children? I do not think parents should consume any drug whether its pot or alcohol in front of their children. When you have a family and raise children I think there should be other priorities than getting intoxicated and rather set a healthy example.

Is there any good reason to promote alcohol? The cons by far outweigh any pros. There are countless studies done that unmask the consequenses alcohol have on society. Just because its been around for a long time and is legal by Law does not make it a good thing. The whole perception of alcohol needs to be re-evaluated.
    Alcohol is good and healthy in small amounts. A joint is also healthy and good in small amounts, sometimes to relax etc. You dont need to do it infront of the child though, and thats because of passive somking that you do it in a special room or outside the living room.
    “The patriot, like the Christian, must learn that to bear revilings and persecutions is a part of his duty; and in proportion as the trial is severe, firmness under it becomes more requisite and praiseworthy.” ~ Thomas Jefferson, 1805

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:24 AM
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R-CTS241
    mtDNA
    K1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,955
    Given: 11,668

0 Not allowed!

Yes, because the foster parent system isn't rife with abuse.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...fe-prison.html

Her biological parents were loving responsible parents, by the way. Lost their daughter twice (second time for good) because of the state's overreaching.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Your Cuddly Choco Bear
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

no way parents should lose their children against their will anyways, only in very extreme cases.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Samhället
    Country
    Sweden
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Danielion View Post
    Yes, because the foster parents system isn't rife with abuse.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...fe-prison.html
    Thats now what I said. I asked a question. But what I did say is that its unacceptable for parents to be intoxicated in front of their children. Do you agree or not? And should it not be faced With consequenses if they persistently do? For starters it should be fines, and if they persist they should be given the choise of what is more important their child or getting high/boozed out.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Your Cuddly Choco Bear
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Thats now what I said. I asked a question. But what I did say is that its unacceptable for parents to be intoxicated in front of their children. Do you agree or not? And should it not be faced With consequenses if they persistently do? For starters it should be fines, and if they persist they should be given the choise of what is more important their child or getting high/boozed out.
    dont think so, only if they are very boozed out and lost controll and beat their children or do harmful things, you can be only little tipsy and relaxed

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information