PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
Should parents smoking pot lose custody of their children? - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Should parents smoking pot lose custody of their children?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-12-2024 @ 06:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,865
    Given: 7,349

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    Alcohol is good and healthy in small amounts. A joint is also healthy and good in small amounts, sometimes to relax etc. You dont need to do it infront of the child though, and thats because of passive somking that you do it in a special room or outside the living room.
    Is there research to suggest marijuana is healthy in small amounts? That sounds more like something a pothead would claim. I can't think inhaling any kind of smoke is healthy.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:48 AM
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R-CTS241
    mtDNA
    K1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,954
    Given: 11,668

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bari View Post
    Thats now what I said. I asked a question. But what I did say is that its unacceptable for parents to be intoxicated in front of their children. Do you agree or not? And should it not be faced With consequenses if they persistently do? For starters it should be fines, and if they persist they should be given the choise of what is more important their child or getting high/boozed out.
    Depends how much inhumane the environment is the child has to grow up in. Taking children away from their parents isn't something to be trifled with. In fact, this is also one reason I think people who say 'children can always be put up for adoption' as an argument against the right for abortion don't know what they're taking about. Physical, emotional and sexual abuse is very common among adoptive parents.

This situation should be avoided unless there's no other way. The less children there are in the foster child system, the more chance the exceptions from real destructive families get loving competent adoptive parents.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 08:49 AM
    Ethnicity
    Your Cuddly Choco Bear
    Ancestry
    Mixed - Multiracial - Multicultural
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    Vienna
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58,076
    Given: 58,864

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    Is there research to suggest marijuana is healthy in small amounts? That sounds more like something a pothead would claim. I can't think inhaling any kind of smoke is healthy.
    in some countries marihuana is used even as medicine, prescribed by doctor you can have it legally, when my dad had cancer many told me marihuana could help him but he refused to smoke it, because he never did before but marihuana is ok in small amounts, also it helps you relax and enjoy life
    My AncestryDNA autosomal results [yes it is a link click on it]
    It’s important to say, that on upcoming 8 April we will mark our national day. It’s disrespectful from Non Profit organisations to claim ,,international “ Roma day. We are one Nation, with one race for which we have paid huge price during WWII and with one language rooted to Hindi. We are the Romani nation. - Michael Daduc The Roma Nation Movement
    Germany is showing us what could soon happen to us in Austria with a left-wing Austro traffic light. Do we want a situation where we can no longer choose the heating system, but we can choose the gender? Hardly likely! Only a strong FPÖ and a Freedom Party People's Chancellor will know how to prevent such nonsense. - Herbert Kickl FPÖ Bundesobmann

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    09-05-2023 @ 05:41 PM
    Ethnicity
    Amazigh/Berber
    Ancestry
    Algeria
    Country
    Switzerland
    mtDNA
    W3a1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,943
    Given: 4,116

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bari View Post
    If their children is exposed to the smoke; Yes. Tobacco is not a drug in the same way as pot, so its a rather bad comparison Imo.
    Tobocco is worst than pot in most aspects : addiction + health.
    It is just admitted and accepted socially juste like alcohol during centuries because part of the customs but they are both hard drugs with powerful lobbies behind.
    Pot is a soft drug but it doesnt mean you cant be addicted to it. I know persons who are.
    Pot is often mixed with tobocco while smoked and it doesnt help.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-28-2018 @ 09:41 AM
    Ethnicity
    Samhället
    Country
    Sweden
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 534
    Given: 572

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Danielion View Post
    Depends how much inhumane the environment is the child has to grow up in. Taking children away from their parents isn't something to be trifled with. In fact, this is also one reason I think people who say 'children can always be put up for adoption' as an argument against the right for abortion don't know what they're taking about. Physical, emotional and sexual abuse is very common among adoptive parents.
    While foster care is not an ideal option at all, I think the possibility serves as a deterrent punishment. Any parent unable to give up on intoxication for the sake of their children if given the choise do not deserve to have custody of their children. And given the option I think the vast majority would give up on drugs/booze.

How inhumane it is is also dependant on each individual childs experience and personality. Each case must be dealt with individually. My opinion is that it should not be socially acceptable for parents to intoxicate themselves while parenting. And I question the legitimacy of how acceptable alcohol is perceived.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

in some countries marihuana is used even as medicine, prescribed by doctor you can have it legally, when my dad had cancer many told me marihuana could help him but he refused to smoke it, because he never did before but marihuana is ok in small amounts, also it helps you relax and enjoy life
    Well, relaxation doesn't count. Life is enjoyed best with one's senses fully intact in my opinion. I had forgotten about medical marijuana. Maybe there's something to it, but I'm skeptical of something that's so intimately tied to a political movement and potential profits.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Your Cuddly Choco Bear
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    Vienna
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Well, relaxation doesn't count. Life is enjoyed best with one's senses fully intact in my opinion. I had forgotten about medical marijuana. Maybe there's something to it, but I'm skeptical of something that's so intimately tied to a political movement and potential profits.
    all cultures drunk alcohol and smoked since time immemorial some tribes had other plants or drinks etc. its part of life, some extreme muslims even forbid photography dancing and music etc.
    It’s important to say, that on upcoming 8 April we will mark our national day. It’s disrespectful from Non Profit organisations to claim ,,international “ Roma day. We are one Nation, with one race for which we have paid huge price during WWII and with one language rooted to Hindi. We are the Romani nation. - Michael Daduc The Roma Nation Movement
    Germany is showing us what could soon happen to us in Austria with a left-wing Austro traffic light. Do we want a situation where we can no longer choose the heating system, but we can choose the gender? Hardly likely! Only a strong FPÖ and a Freedom Party People's Chancellor will know how to prevent such nonsense. - Herbert Kickl FPÖ Bundesobmann

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

all cultures drunk alcohol and smoked since time immemorial some tribes had other plants or drinks etc. its part of life, some extreme muslims even forbid photography dancing and music etc.
    Of course. That doesn't mean it's healthy or desirable. A healthy and emotionally strong person can enjoy life without intoxicants.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Your Cuddly Choco Bear
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    Vienna
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Of course. That doesn't mean it's healthy or desirable. A healthy and emotionally strong person can enjoy life without intoxicants.
    it right amounts its not dangerous and shouldnt be forbidden, if you dont like it dont do it you cannot forbid to others and harass them

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

it right amounts its not dangerous and shouldnt be forbidden, if you dont like it dont do it you cannot forbid to others and harass them
    Who's talking about prohibition and harassment?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information