Thread: Landscapes of Northern Ireland

Last Online
    Today @ 07:34 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mostly Euro Latin American
    Ethnicity
    Venezuelan Spanish
    Ancestry
    Mostly Spanish, some Italian, some Amerindian (6-7%), some minor SSA (4-5%)
    Country
    Spain
    Y-DNA
    J-M267
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Either Alpinized North Atlantid or Brunn
    Politics
    Right Nationalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19,440
    Given: 36,803

2 Not allowed!

I have been to Ireland only in connection flights (which is not really visiting it). It was one time that I flighted from Boston, Massachusetts to London (to visit a sister of mine who was living in there), and I made flight stops in Cork and Dublin.

I was in the window seat and could see Dublin from the air when the plain took off from Dublin to London (it was in the early morning). Very beautiful city. I would love to really visit this country some day.
    My Updated 23andme Results (2021)
    My Updated AncestryDNA Results (2022)
    My Global25 Coordinates (2020)
    An Epic Thread about me opened by Profield
    Quote Originally Posted by Profileid View Post
    Just in case anyone was wondering
    Quote Originally Posted by aherne
    You don't pass in Europe. Amerindian admixture is evident (castizo or harnizo)...

Last Online
    11-05-2023 @ 04:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Brabant, Holland, Guelders and some Hainaut.
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Norway Deal-NEXIT, Dutch Realm Atlanticist, Habsburg Legitimist
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34,728
    Given: 61,129

2 Not allowed!

Rick Steves' Europe Travel Guide | We start in bustling Belfast's City Hall and Ulster Museum, then head out to Northern Ireland's favorite resort: Portrush, along the Antrim Coast, where we taste-test Irish whiskey, scramble over some six-sided geology in the Giant's Causeway, drop in on a world-class golf course, and stomp our feet to some traditional music. © 2004 Rick Steves' Europe

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Autumn - Northern Ireland Another one of my seasonal videos, this time Autumn. I had a wonderful time exploring the many forests and parks around the Counties of Down and Antrim in Northern Ireland over the past 2 years. I didnt want it to end.... Discovering and learning about the different types of fungi was challenging but fascinating. The one fungi that eluded me was the fairy tail mushroom - Fly Agaric. There is always next autumn...I'll be on its trail... The places visited where - Tollymore Forest Park, Crawfordsburn Country Park, The Glens of Antrim waterfalls - Ess-na-Crub and Ess-na-Larach. Antrim Castle Gardens, Minnowburn and Lagan Towpath, Crumlin Glen, Ormeau Park Belfast, Gleno waterfall, Stormont grounds, Hillsborough Parish Church and Belvoir Forest. Best viewed at HD 1080p. Thanks for watching. All imagery and video produced by ©Bernie Brown and covered under copyright. Please visit http://www.bbphotographic.co.uk for more examples of my work and also the rest of my videos on Youtube. Most pictures are for sale and in most formats. MUSIC: Composer: Nicolai Heidlas Title: 50-New-Cities Contact - http://www.hooksounds.com https://www.nicolai-heidlas.com

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

How to make linen from flax. A step by step demonstration of how linen is made using traditional Scotch Irish cottage industry methods. Flax and linen farming was one of County Donegal's biggest home industries for centuries. Here we show you how a typical household would have produced linen by hand. The Ulster Scots were instrumental in transforming flax and linen into a major commercial industry.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

The UK is planning to construct an Irish Sea Bridge, a massive proposed megaproject to connect Scotland and Northern Ireland. An Irish Sea Bridge would transform the region, potentially boosting the local economies, increasing national unity, and putting the UK on the world stage. However, the bridge would come with a cost: $25 billion USD.

Veteran Member Your Old Comrade's Avatar
    Last Online
    02-06-2024 @ 05:14 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Netherlands, Northern France, Wallonia
    Country
    Netherlands
    Region
    Utrecht
    Taxonomy
    Borreby
    Politics
    All Politicians Are Bastards
    Religion
    MGTOW
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,185
    Given: 8,122

0 Not allowed!

Filmed on May 27th, 1901 by Sagar Mitchell & James Kenyon, this was shot from atop a horse-drawn tram along Royal Avenue, turning onto High Street, and terminating at the Albert Clock in Queen's Square, Belfast, Ireland. It was shown as part of an exhibition at the Ulster Hall in May 1901. Billboards can be seen advertising the event, and the North American Animated Photo Co, a UK company that commissioned many of Mitchell and Kenyon's films. The terms "film" and "film" were not in common usage in these earliest days of filmmaking, and the term "animated photo" was still vying for the film lexicon. These films were exhibited in halls, saloons, or whatever local venue could be procured at the time, with dedicated movie theaters being over a decade in future.

Mitchell & Kenyon operated under a business model which had them travelling to cities all over England filming citizens and landmarks, and then renting local venues to sell tickets. Local folks were eager to see the new and novel moving photographs of themselves and friends, even more so than exotic locations or famous individuals. Mitchell & Kenyon Film Company started in 1897 and operated to the mid-teens. During this time, Mitchell and Kenyon inadvertently generated a wealth of documentation of everyday life in Edwardian England. In 1994, a cache of films was discovered in the basement of a photo shop that was about to be demolished. These films comprise the largest collection in the world of actuality films from the early 20th century.

This version of the Belfast film has 18 channels of sound design by Mike Upchurch. Mike is a comedy writer by trade, and does sound design on old films in his spare time.

Veteran Member Your Old Comrade's Avatar
    Last Online
    02-06-2024 @ 05:14 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Netherlands, Northern France, Wallonia
    Country
    Netherlands
    Region
    Utrecht
    Taxonomy
    Borreby
    Politics
    All Politicians Are Bastards
    Religion
    MGTOW
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,185
    Given: 8,122

0 Not allowed!

"When you take a boat out on the Erne waters, you voyage into time. The islands lie, like stepping stones, in the long river of our past."

Nobel laureate Seamus Heaney explores the islands of Lough Erne in Northern Ireland.

He encounters an ancient and mysterious stone statue on Boa Island and imagines what the old gods in Ireland were like, before the arrival of Saint Patrick.

The monastic round tower of Devenish Island is a reminder of those early Christian missionaries who "startled the nature gods and put them to flight."

This is an excerpt from BBC Northern Ireland programme Ulster in Focus: The Loughsiders.

Originally broadcast 14 June, 1972

You have now entered the BBC Archive, a time machine that will transport you back to the golden age of tv to educate, entertain and enlighten you with classic tv clips from the BBC vaults.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information