"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    French & German
    Ancestry
    Aquitània (Maternal), Vörpommern (Paternal)
    Country
    Quebec
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid/Nordomediterranid + Minor Dinaroid (Agrippa)
    Politics
    Neo-Feudalist; Neu-Ordenstaat / Aristocratist
    Religion
    Esoteric Traditionalism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Default Hérouxville spreads to rest of Canada

FRIDAY, 16 APRIL, 2010
    http://herouxville-quebec.blogspot.c...of-canada.html

Herouxville, a small Quebec village, just north east of Montreal was virtually unknown to many Canadians and the world a scant three years ago.

Herouxville with a population of 1,200 people is not unlike many of the small quaint farming communities which dot the Canadian landscape.

The landscape and culture which Herouxville hold dear was interrupted when Herouxville became worldwide news in 2007, when the townspeople watching the world around them change, and not for the better, decided they wish to maintain their own little piece of god's green earth.

The townspeople spoke and the town's councilor Andre Drouin listened, a rarity amongst most politicians. Herouxville decided to implement a code of conduct in their town charter.

Now as town charter's, bylaws, rule of norms go, every town, city and society have them, these charters are implemented by the people for the people for their elected representatives to draft and put into law.

Granted some bylaws and charters may go against the grain of other citizens outside Herouxville town boundaries, but the town charter must be respected.

Tofino, British Columbia, West Vancouver to name a few drafted a bylaw forbidding large commercial coffee and food chains from entering their towns, much to the dismay of the coffee culture seen everyday in downtown Vancouver, where one would be hard pressed not to see a pedestrian walking around with an ever present cardboard Starbucks cup in hand or a McDonald's bag.

Big box store protests, building height restrictions, a thorn with many Vancouver's citizen is another, by those who do not wish to change their landscape or block their sea or mountain views, thus changing their neighbourhood charm.

Not to mention those who want no part of replicating US cities and their thirst for culture of consumerism.
    "Free, do you call yourself? Then I would hear your ruling thought, and not merely that you have escaped from a yoke. Are you one of those who had the right to escape from a yoke? Many a one has cast away his last worth when he has cast away his servitude. Free from what? What does that matter to Zarathustra! But your fiery eyes should tell me: free for what?" - Thus Spoke Zarathustra

Numinous Theurgist Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    French & German
    Ancestry
    Aquitània (Maternal), Vörpommern (Paternal)
    Country
    Quebec
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid/Nordomediterranid + Minor Dinaroid (Agrippa)
    Politics
    Neo-Feudalist; Neu-Ordenstaat / Aristocratist
    Religion
    Esoteric Traditionalism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49

0 Not allowed!

Default Welcome! Leave your customs at the door

http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/n...3d1910&k=95849

The people of Herouxville, Que., say they welcome immigrants to their small town, but there are a few things they want to make clear: for instance, there will be no public stoning of women, and facial coverings are reserved for Halloween.

A code of standards sent to the federal and provincial governments last week by Herouxville's municipal council has put the town of 1,300 inhabitants, about 150 kilometres northeast of Montreal, at the centre of Quebec's increasingly divisive debate over integrating minorities.

Among the information the municipality asks federal and provincial officials to distribute to potential immigrants:

- It is forbidden to stone women, burn them alive, throw acid on them or circumcise girls.

- Consumption of alcohol is common in Herouxville, as is dancing. "At the end of every year, we decorate a tree with balls and tinsel and some lights. This is normally called 'Christmas decorations' or also 'Christmas tree.' "

- Boys and girls swim together in public pools.

- Veils are not welcome. "The only time you may mask or cover your face is during Halloween."

Despite its sometimes alarmist vision of the practices of other ethnic and religious groups --and the fact the town can count its immigrant population on two hands -- the Herouxville code has touched a nerve in a province struggling to balance the defence of its values with tolerance for others.

Andre Drouin, a town councillor, said the town's Web site had received more than 2,000 emails since its initiative became known on Saturday. "I would say 99% are positive," he said. A man named Serge from Terrebonne was just one example: "At last, someone is standing up instead of prostrating themselves like certain ministers, judges, executives and companies," he wrote.
    "Free, do you call yourself? Then I would hear your ruling thought, and not merely that you have escaped from a yoke. Are you one of those who had the right to escape from a yoke? Many a one has cast away his last worth when he has cast away his servitude. Free from what? What does that matter to Zarathustra! But your fiery eyes should tell me: free for what?" - Thus Spoke Zarathustra

Last Online
    11-05-2023 @ 04:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Brabant, Holland, Guelders and some Hainaut.
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Norway Deal-NEXIT, Dutch Realm Atlanticist, Habsburg Legitimist
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34,730
    Given: 61,129

0 Not allowed!

I am sure that that will deter most of 'em. Around 99 percent of 'em.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

NO! Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Feline
    Ethnicity
    Snowshoe
    Country
    Canada
    Politics
    I voted once, it was horrible
    Religion
    All my 9 lives are devoid of meaning
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 103

0 Not allowed!

Quebec is a ray of hope for the rest of the Western world.

They stand up for their language, culture, and values no matter how many people call them "racist". Quebeckers got balls.

Last Online
    11-05-2023 @ 04:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Brabant, Holland, Guelders and some Hainaut.
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Norway Deal-NEXIT, Dutch Realm Atlanticist, Habsburg Legitimist
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34,730
    Given: 61,129

0 Not allowed!

I think that we should follow suit right away. Should I risk it and write my municipal council ? I would probably be arrested for hate speech for simply coming up with an idea for a code of conduct but I am willing to risk it.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

NO! Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Feline
    Ethnicity
    Snowshoe
    Country
    Canada
    Politics
    I voted once, it was horrible
    Religion
    All my 9 lives are devoid of meaning
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 103

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Civis Batavi View Post
    I think that we should follow suit right away. Should I risk it and write my municipal council ? I would probably be arrested for hate speech for simply coming up with an idea for a code of conduct but I am willing to risk it.
    It looks like people are following suit.

Quebec was saying multiculturalism had failed long before world leaders started saying it. Their politicians have also openly rejected multiculturalism and said that it was NOT a Quebec value.

Plus, they have made it so that immigrants must swear to respect the culture of the majority, or leave.

They also have their language laws.

All which the province has been internationally condemned for, but they don't care.

Thread Information