oh look. the curve is flattening.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,431
    Given: 241

3 Not allowed!

Default Decrease your risk of breast cancer by avoiding these foods

Decrease your risk of breast cancer by avoiding these foods
    Monday, April 17, 2017 by Frances Bloomfield

As with any disease, breast cancer is a condition full of complexities and nuances. Factors such as genetics and family history are uncontrollable factors that can make one more susceptible to developing breast cancer. Smoking habits and diet are individual decisions that can greatly affect one’s chances of acquiring the disease; and according to MedicalNewsToday.com, avoiding these foods may help.

Avoid

Red meat and processed meats: Compounds in grilled red meat, heterocyclic amines (HCA), spur on cancers, states NBCNews.com. The amino acids present in red meat are also said to increase the risk of cancer by increasing oxidation and promoting insulin production within the body. Most processed meats and cold cuts often contain high amounts of fat, preservatives and salt, none of which are favorable for cancer prevention. Some of these foods include beef, pork, ham, hot dogs, and bacon, which also contain sodium nitrite, a cancer-causing additive.

Sugar: In a study administered by researchers at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, they found that mice that ate sugar-rich diets are more likely to develop mammary gland tumors. Sugar can elevate blood glucose levels, forcing the body to deliver more insulin. The insulin produced encourages growth in cancer cells and can also raise estrogen levels. As reported by FoodForBreastCancer.com, sugar consumption also contributes to other breast cancer risk factors like increased breast density and systemic inflammation.

Alcohol: Regular consumption of alcoholic beverages can cause damage to DNA cells and increase estrogen level, according to BreastCancer.org. A woman’s genetic makeup can also greatly affect her chances of acquiring the disease, as fast metabolizers of alcohol were shown to be at higher risk than slower metabolizers. At the most, one can drink a glass of wine every other day with food.

Fats: While not all fats are bad—vegetable and fruit fats are usually associated with a decreased risk— some are worse than others. Similar to alcohol, large and routine consumption of foods containing trans-saturated fats increases the chances of developing breast cancer. Trans-saturated fats are often used in fast foods and processed foods like pastries and snack foods.

There are many other foods that experts have warned against. Grapefruit has many health benefits, but some researchers believe that its estrogen level-boosting properties make it a prime candidate in increasing breast cancer risk. Dairy products like milk, butter, and cheese (which are often from pregnant cows with hiked-up estrogen and progesterone levels) are also sometimes prescribed against. Experts also urge avoiding other meat-derived foods such as gravy and lard because of certain protein that can stimulate cancer cells to grow. Some vegetable oils like soybean and sunflower are high in polyunsaturated fats; even foods with partially hydrogenated oils, like mayonnaise, peanut butter and margarine, can be risky. Learn more about cancer prevention at Prevention.news.

If you can’t totally cut these foods out of your diet, severely limiting them will help. Making other conscious body choices can also contribute to your risk of getting or preventing this deadly disease. Simple things like regularly exposing yourself to sunlight to absorb vitamin D and becoming more physically active can make a difference. Adding certain foods like dietary fiber, fatty fish, and green tea are recommended. (Related: Green Tea and Breast Cancer Prevention: What the Experts Say)

No single food can cause or prevent breast cancer. The culmination of different foods does. Tiny, seemingly innocent selections will add up in time. That hamburger you had yesterday can become a problem for you, several years down the line. Awareness of what you put in your body is your greatest form of protection against breast cancer.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:01 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    Persian-Azeri
    Ancestry
    -
    Country
    Iran
    Taxonomy
    Iranid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,723
    Given: 5,101

0 Not allowed!

Agreed

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 06:18 PM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,549
    Given: 27,895

0 Not allowed!

Breast cancer is also linked to females who delay childbirh until later in life, and also the risks are greatly increased in women who have no children at all.

James Meikle, health correspondent

Women who start their periods early, have no children, or bear children late, are at increased risk of breast cancer, a study involving 91,000 French women has confirmed.

The research, the largest of its kind, looked at women between the ages 40 and 65. Most were teachers.

It suggested that women who had their first child in their thirties were 63% more likely to develop the disease before the menopause than those who gave birth before they were 22. They were also 35% more likely to get the disease after menopause.

A woman whose menstrual cycle began at the age of 15 was placed at only two-thirds the risk of premenopausal breast cancer of someone whose periods had started at 11.

There was a decrease in risk of 7% for each year the onset of periods was delayed. And the risk of postmenopausal breast cancer fell by 3% each year periods were delayed, according to researchers at the Institut Gustave-Roussy, Paris.

The study, based on questionnaires returned by the women from 1990-97, also suggests that the risk of breast cancer occurring early or before menopause is cut by 2% for each full-term pregnancy achieved. And for breast cancers occurring after the menopause the risk falls by 9% for each pregnancy.

Miscarriages, in some studies blamed for increasing risk of breast cancer, appear to be ruled out in this study as an important factor. But the study confirmed other long suspected links between reproductive and hormonal history and breast cancer.

The study is published in the British Journal of Cancer, whose editor, Robin Weiss, cautions against raising fears among career women who delay having children.

Read more: https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2002/...medicalscience
    ❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀¸.•*¨♥✿ 🎶

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up

3 Not allowed!

Breastfeeding not only helps a baby to have a stronger immune system throughout their life (especially when they drink the colostrum,) but it also helps to reduce the risk of breast-cancer.

https://www.fitpregnancy.com/baby/br...-breast-cancer

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Smokers have a higher risk of developing breast-cancer (in addition to other cancers and serious illnesses.)

I eat healthily, I don't smoke, don't drink alcohol or caffeine, nor use any illegal drugs. I gave birth to my first child as a teenager. My BMI and weight is slightly low for my height according to my GP, but I like dancing, walking, and workouts. I have no health problems, except for low blood pressure that makes me dizzy and faint quite often. (I suffered from a lot of fainting, blackouts and knocking myself into things especially during my pregnancy.) My iron-count is healthy, but doctors say my blood pressure is low and that's causing the fainting spells.

My maternal grandmother had breast cancer and she had a life-saving masectomy before developing terminal cancer of the womb a few years later, and she peacefully passed away in a hospice. She had 3 children (my mum being the youngest,) although my grandmother gave birth later in life whereas my mum was 17 and my father was 19 when I was born. My mum breastfed me and my two sisters, and we've rarely ever had any coughs, colds, or flu in life. I believe our strong immune system stems from being breastfed as babies and infants.
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 09-21-2017 at 12:46 AM.

Veteran Member crazyladybutterfly's Avatar
    Last Online
    02-13-2021 @ 03:00 PM
    Ethnicity
    caucasian
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,991
    Given: 21,752

0 Not allowed!

i will remove my breasts in my 30s
    http://www.theapricity.com/forum/att...0&d=1471874957

Quote Originally Posted by al-Bosni View Post
    I also have nails that I can use as a weapon.
    https://www.theapricity.com/forum/at...8&d=1509531094

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by crazyladybutterfly View Post
    i will remove my breasts in my 30s
    Are you serious?! Will you have doctors removing your ovaries and womb too?

Angelina Jolie gave birth late in life and after her own mother died young from breast cancer, Angelina then drastically had both of her breasts removed with a double-masectomy and then she had a hysterectomy to remove her womb, putting her into an early menopause. She had silicone implants inserted after removing both of her breasts.

Veteran Member crazyladybutterfly's Avatar
    Last Online
    02-13-2021 @ 03:00 PM
    Ethnicity
    caucasian
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,991
    Given: 21,752

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ Lily ♥ View Post
    Are you serious?! Will you have doctors removing your ovaries and womb too?
    but the ovaries will have a function , as i without them i d be in premature menopause
    but my breasts? they ll be just ugly hanging saggin tissue which would give me no usefulness other than increasing the chance to get something avoidable
    http://www.theapricity.com/forum/att...0&d=1471874957

Quote Originally Posted by al-Bosni View Post
    I also have nails that I can use as a weapon.
    https://www.theapricity.com/forum/at...8&d=1509531094

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

My sister, mother, aunties, uncles, male cousins, and school friends all took part in a marathon run in my original hometown on the south coast, where large crowds of local people participated in a charity event and they were shown in their local news running along the beaches (all wearing pink ribbons and tops) to raise money for breast cancer research. Thousands of people took part in the event.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by crazyladybutterfly View Post
    but the ovaries will have a function , as i without them i d be in premature menopause
    but my breasts? they ll be just ugly hanging saggin tissue which would give me no usefulness other than increasing the chance to get something avoidable
    I think that depends on how well you look after your breasts. Wearing a suitable bra with the correct cup size and level of support is also very important.

Experts recommend females to have their breasts professionally measured by shop assistants in lingerie stores. Massaging the breasts each morning and evening with a firming moisturiser after showering and bathing keeps the skin hydrated and supple. There's also good physical chest exercises that also helps to keep the breasts supple.

If you find breastfeeding painful or awkward in public places, then a breast-pump is useful for pumping out milk that can be used later (and you don't need to sterilise bottles, make baby powder milk, test the tempature on your wrist, etc).... breast milk is always clean and the correct temperature (it also tastes sweeter and nicer than formula milk.) The only thing is you need to wear nipple pads in your bra whilst breastfeeding in order to absorb leakages of breast milk from showing through your blouse and tops, which can become wet without wearing nipple pads.

Females with extremely large and heavy breasts will probably have back problems and drooping later in life if they don't wear a strongly supportive bra.... especially if their boobs are bouncing heavily at the gym and they're not wearing a proper sports bra. They are able to have free breast reduction surgery on the NHS to help reduce the severity of the weight on their back problems. They should also have breast uplift cosmetic surgery.
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 09-21-2017 at 01:09 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information