Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: THE EURO ZONE needs two currencies!!

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,594
    Given: 29,041

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnSmith View Post
    I think it is obvious in the European Bond Markets that this EURO currency is not working in the way intended. All I have to say is look at Greece which is now in 7 years of austerity.

France and Italy both have quite high unemployment and their protectionist policies since the end of WWII are now causing problems for their economies that now have to compete with a strong and powerful unified German Federal State.

The currency has to be split into two currencies one controlled by a board of governors with France as the leader and the other will remain in Frankfurt under German influence.

They should split it something like this:

The EuroFranc headed by France would include the PIIGS(Italy,Greece,Portugal,Spain,Ireland) Belgium,Malta,Cyprus.

The EuroMark headed by Germany will include Austria,Finland,Netherlands,Denmark,Latvia,Lithuan ia,Luxembourg,Estonia.

I am sure their are other countries that need to be added.

This is the only way to save the EU unless you impose a fiscal union which is something Germany certainly does not want.
    You have grouped very different economies together. The best economy for Ireland to be grouped with is Britain although Britain doesn't use the Euro.

Also Finland, Netherlands and Denmark shouldn't be grouped with Lithuania and Estonia.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-09-2019 @ 01:55 AM
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid-Atlantid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,248
    Given: 4,031

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Grace O'Malley View Post
    You have grouped very different economies together. The best economy for Ireland to be grouped with is Britain although Britain doesn't use the Euro.

Also Finland, Netherlands and Denmark shouldn't be grouped with Lithuania and Estonia.

The tax rates are what mostly determine innovative countries as investor pour money where they get more in return. Ireland has very low tax rates so high tech companies like Google and others flock there for investment. The ones with higher tax rate must be very efficient with little corruption in government to attract investors(a place like Sweden).

Also, countries with higher manufacturing economies tend to be less innovative. Service economies are more innovative. Germany is not known for being a high tech innovative economy they are more old school manufacturing.

The currency question is a difficult one, in reality all countries should have their own currency with their own central bank. Taking that power away from national governments is in affect removing the country's sovereignty. Not a good thing in my opinion. It you want to have the EURO and a shared currency you must have a fiscal and banking union or it will not work.
    Last edited by JohnSmith; 01-15-2018 at 01:36 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ar-Rum, Ottoman, Byzantine
    Ethnicity
    Bosniak
    Ancestry
    25% N.Macedonian, 25% Albanian + 50% Dalmatia Slavic mixed Vlach
    Country
    Bosnia
    Region
    Dalmatia
    Y-DNA
    I2
    mtDNA
    H28
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid + Pontid
    Politics
    Neo-Ottomanism
    Hero
    Tzepeles Komnenos, Mehmed II
    Religion
    Ottoman Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,216
    Given: 5,754

0 Not allowed!

Golden Euro
    Silver Euro
    Bronze Euro = for shithole countries

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid-Atlantid
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bosniensis View Post
    Golden Euro
    Silver Euro
    Bronze Euro = for shithole countries
    It is incorrect to think a weak currency is a bad thing or an example of a poor country that is just not true. It allows a country to be more competitive and grab market share. Japan hs a weak currency and it benefits them.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

The tax rates our what mostly determine innovative countries as investor pour money where they get more in return. Ireland has very low tax rates so high tech companies like Google and others flock there for investment. The ones with higher tax rate must be very efficient with little corruption in government to attract investors.

Also, countries with higher manufacturing economies tend to be less innovative. Service economies are more innovative. Germany is not known for being a high tech innovative economy they are more old school manufacturing.

The currency question is a difficult one, in reality all countries should have their own currency with their own central bank. Taking that power away from a national governments is in affect removing the country's sovereignty. Not a good thing in my opinion. It you want to have the EURO and a shared currency you must have a fiscal and banking union or it will not work.
    No they are quite innovative themselves. Nothing to do with low tax rates.

https://www.joe.ie/tech/5-entreprene...ovation-562520

https://www.joe.ie/tech/success-stor...ireland-369872

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/...ards-1.3252818

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid-Atlantid
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I disagree. A country with high taxes will have a harder time getting the capital that is needed to spend on research and development that is needed.

Ireland has some of the lowest corporate tax rates in the world.

you are a bit odd are you Irish? Or are you Australian? You seem to care more about Ireland than Australia.
    You only engage in conversation with me when you want to argue. It is very annoying.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I disagree. A country with high taxes will have a harder time getting the capital that is needed to spend on research and development that is needed.

Ireland has some of the lowest corporate tax rates in the world.

you are a bit odd are you Irish? Or are you Australian? You seem to care more about Ireland than Australia.
    You only engage in conversation with me when you want to argue. It is very annoying.
    I argue with you because I disagree with a lot you post. I don't think you know enough to post some of the things you do. A lot of the things you post aren't researched. I'm Irish but was raised in Australia. My ethnicity is Irish and because I'm interested in genetics this has been my focus on this forum. Australians like Americans are multi-ethnic. I was born in Ireland. You have to accept if you post some things people are going to disagree with you.

I generally will only post on topics which I have some knowledge about. I like to have links. Possibly you could post links in the future to back up some of the things you say.

I don't dislike you as I think you are a nice person but I just think you don't always have the correct information to back up some of what you say. Of course then people will disagree with you. It's really nothing personal as I would do the same with anyone that I don't think is posting the correct information. People are free to disagree with me as well but as I said I will post links to back up what I say and I will discuss.

I don't comment on topics I'm not that well versed in unless they are just personal opinions or I will ask questions if I'm not that knowledgeable on the topic.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid-Atlantid
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I argue with you because I disagree with a lot you post. I don't think you know enough to post some of the things you do. A lot of the things you post aren't researched. I'm Irish but was raised in Australia. My ethnicity is Irish and because I'm interested in genetics this has been my focus on this forum. Australians like Americans are multi-ethnic. I was born in Ireland. You have to accept if you post some things people are going to disagree with you.

I generally will only post on topics which I have some knowledge about. I like to have links. Possibly you could post links in the future to back up some of the things you say.

I don't dislike you as I think you are a nice person but I just think you don't always have the correct information to back up some of what you say. Of course then people will disagree with you. It's really nothing personal as I would do the same with anyone that I don't think is posting the correct information. People are free to disagree with me as well but as I said I will post links to back up what I say and I will discuss.

I don't comment on topics I'm not that well versed in unless they are just personal opinions or I will ask questions if I'm not that knowledgeable on the topic.
    ok. I will leave it at that. We just disagree on things.

Out of the ***** Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,023
    Given: 2,190

2 Not allowed!

I think it is obvious in the European Bond Markets that this EURO currency is not working in the way intended. All I have to say is look at Greece which is now in 7 years of austerity.

France and Italy both have quite high unemployment and their protectionist policies since the end of WWII are now causing problems for their economies that now have to compete with a strong and powerful unified German Federal State.

The currency has to be split into two currencies one controlled by a board of governors with France as the leader and the other will remain in Frankfurt under German influence.

They should split it something like this:

The EuroFranc headed by France would include the PIIGS(Italy,Greece,Portugal,Spain,Ireland) Belgium,Malta,Cyprus.

The EuroMark headed by Germany will include Austria,Finland,Netherlands,Denmark,Latvia,Lithuan ia,Luxembourg,Estonia.

I am sure their are other countries that need to be added.

This is the only way to save the EU unless you impose a fiscal union which is something Germany certainly does not want.
    Instead two....better would be to share Euro into 3 parts.

One to southern/eastern countries,
    One around Germany (D-mark back)
    One to North/Scandinavia.

Two others would be connected to D-mark (versus $ or jeni...if D-mark would go up or down...those would follow it) ... just a same way as Sweden's krone is now connected to Euro (so called floating currency). ''Floating'' would allow to do some changes to those two if economies would need that...now and then.

I do't list countries (to those 3 groups), but like Grace O'Malley pointed out...they should absolutely first be similar as economy wise and only secondly based on their locations. And being similar (at the moment) is not even enought, but they should reminds each others also some other ways like tax politics and culture.
    Last edited by Finnish Swede; 01-15-2018 at 02:17 PM.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Athlete
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    I1-Z58
    mtDNA
    J1c1
    Politics
    Clerical Fascism
    Hero
    Jozef Tiso
    Religion
    Catholic Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,904
    Given: 16,904

0 Not allowed!

The Euro zone should be completly demolished.

Fuck the Euro.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information