Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is ignoring news & politics healthy?

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Religion
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,420
    Given: 12,533

1 Not allowed!

Default Is ignoring news & politics healthy?

I think this is what makes americans most healthy postiive friendly people. The american youth more so.
    They dont give a fuck who is at war with whom, where a country is located, what language they speak, they cant name who is current vice president.
    But they're healthy. Perfectly healthy minds. I purposely ignored all news for about 10 days and it was a different world. It changes you.

Banned
    Last Online
    10-15-2022 @ 07:34 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic,Celtic
    Ethnicity
    BRIT
    Ancestry
    England,Ireland,Scotland, Germany,Alsace,Austria
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Amazigh
    mtDNA
    J1c3
    Politics
    Freedom
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,201
    Given: 9,778

4 Not allowed!

its not good to obsess over it but you should be informed

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Etain View Post
    its not good to obsess over it but you should be informed
    I think information is where the problem is. Ignoring it is the key to peace.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtiberian
    Ethnicity
    Andalusian from Seville
    Country
    Spain
    Taxonomy
    Grazilmediterranid
    Politics
    Autocratic
    Hero
    René Descartes
    Religion
    Cartesian
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,241
    Given: 7,078

2 Not allowed!

Power and success can still be achieved whilst still being uniformed and unconcerned about the latest political matters. Politics seems like one big muddled rat race to me. I tend to acquire pleasure and happiness through other means in life.

It's good to be informed on the most important headlines though I think; it is a sign of maturity. But really for some people politics is simply their kind of niche, whilst others get more of a kick binge watching on all the latest celeb-entertainment tabloid episodes of TMZ

But yeah I think mature-minded people tend to have more true concern towards political matters hence are often found to be superbly grumpy ass people. Whilst youthful-minded individuals are usually more keen on just having fun and enjoying themselves/maximizing net pleasure/keeping peace in their own little world; & like you said Americans might be a prime example of such a group.

Visayan Warrior
    Last Online
    04-30-2018 @ 02:04 AM
    Ethnicity
    Filipino-American
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    O1a1*
    mtDNA
    E1a1a
    Taxonomy
    Deutromalayid + Palaungid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 302
    Given: 28

1 Not allowed!

I would say yes. I really don't want to watch the news that sometimes would put me in a depressing mood on a daily basis. The atmosphere surrounding the news coverage of today's politics brought the sense of negativity. I can watch it on TV occasionally.

At the same time, it's inevitable we have to pay attention to politics because our situation would be always affected like Obamacare for example.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Inselaffe
    Country
    New Zealand
    Y-DNA
    R-U106
    mtDNA
    HV18
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,648
    Given: 10,375

1 Not allowed!

I keep an eye on the general national and business news. Anything that may affect income. The rest is of little importance here.

Much of the media is too biased one way or the other to be taken seriously.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Shazouzu View Post
    Power and success can still be achieved whilst still being uniformed and unconcerned about the latest political matters. Politics seems like one big muddled rat race to me. I tend to acquire pleasure and happiness through other means in life.

It's good to be informed on the most important headlines though I think; it is a sign of maturity. But really for some people politics is simply their kind of niche, whilst others get more of a kick binge watching on all the latest celeb-entertainment tabloid episodes of TMZ

But yeah I think mature-minded people tend to have more true concern towards political matters hence are often found to be superbly grumpy ass people. Whilst youthful-minded individuals are usually more keen on just having fun and enjoying themselves/maximizing net pleasure/keeping peace in their own little world; & like you said Americans might be a prime example of such a group.
    Very well said.
    I see myself over the years. In 95-99 being in US i literally never watched news, ever. Being an albanian wasnt even aware that albania was in a middle of civil war in 97, kosovo war started and you coudnt ignore the news since it was evehwere on screens.
    I started watching news when john Stewart took over the daily show in 99. My tv was always on comedy central or discovery, smoking weed listening music and playing cards.
    It ultimately comes back to the jews like Stewart for turning perfectly healthy mined millions inti finding the news "interesting" which ultimately reduces quality of life on spiritual level, most important of all.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    01-17-2018 @ 04:41 AM
    Ethnicity
    Mare
    Country
    Andorra
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,783
    Given: 2,629

0 Not allowed!

For some time I stood away from watching and reading all news, I was so focused on university stuff I didn't even know what was going on in my own country, but I don't recommend it. The thing about politics is understanding it is not so simple, it takes reading and seeking the original sources a lot, for most people they just buy and repeat whatever the person in front of the TV is telling them, knowing how to analyze data makes a difference too. Reading different sources with dfferent political inclinations is also useful because it helps you check both sides. For example, there was an incident where a judge fined a journalist for supposedly criticizing a judge's decison for releasing, under a habeas corpus, a prisoner, or at least that's the story you would get from her supportes but if you checked things deeper you would know she was suggesting the judge was an accomplice to the prisoner's crime, thus defaming him.

Also, reading news from foreign media can be useful because some stuff may not be reported, maybe only marginaly, in your home country. It's important to stay tuned because politicians may be taking away your rights and you won't even know untill you need them. When the general population is not involved in political issues then the politians are basically free to do whatever they want with disregard to the population's interest. I understand that we often feel like expectators, that knowing can't make a difference because you are entirely powerless to do anything anyway, but great events happen through popular movements, in the absence of a general popular reactions when things are wrong, any country is screwed.

Last Online
    01-30-2021 @ 01:59 AM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Great Britain
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,131
    Given: 4,234

0 Not allowed!

You can't ignore politics. Americans think they ignore politics but it's around them 24/7. Their propaganda just makes them think that all that politics in their lives is just 'natural' or not 'really' politics.

Banned
    Last Online
    12-27-2018 @ 11:00 AM
    Ethnicity
    Misanthrope
    Country
    Mongolia
    Politics
    Lefty Alt-right
    Hero
    Angela Merkel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,875
    Given: 2,197

0 Not allowed!

Yes, but you can't live under a rock forever and some news are related to your life. So just avoid unnecessary stuff and never become obsessed with them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information