Thumbs Up
    Received: 185
    Given: 72

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Peterski View Post
    From Supplementary material of one of new papers:

http://biorxiv.org/content/early/2017/05/09/135616

http://biorxiv.org/content/biorxiv/s...1/135616-1.pdf

XenophobicPrussian - what do you think? Nordic Amerindians?
    As far as I know it was a tiny minority in ANE and only suffered positive selection much later in Europe. Who should care? I have rs12821256 and I was only blonde in childhood.

Last Online
    07-27-2022 @ 04:03 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Celtic
    Ancestry
    47.0 Anatolia_Barcin_N 40.6 Yamnaya_RUS_Samara 12.4 WHG
    Country
    France
    mtDNA
    H1
    Politics
    Liberal
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

First: I think this was the dumbest topic I've ever read in my life. I will tell you the truth in a straightforward way: you are all mestizos between WHG, EHG, IE and EEF. You are like Mexicans discussing which mestizo is better because there is more of this or that. ALL MODERN EUROPEANS ARE MIXTURES OF OLD POPULATIONS. Half the shit on this topic would be avoided by assuming reality as it is. None of you here is just one thing or the other.

Second: characteristics such as skin and hair color are polygenic (they depend on many genes) and citing individuals isolated from THOUSANDS of years ago does not prove anything about the RECENT pigmentation selection in Europe.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:31 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    French Alpinoide
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    France
    Taxonomy
    French Alpinoide
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,263
    Given: 1,176

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by L.o.l.i.t.a View Post
    First: I think this was the dumbest topic I've ever read in my life. I will tell you the truth in a straightforward way: you are all mestizos between WHG, EHG, IE and EEF. You are like Mexicans discussing which mestizo is better because there is more of this or that. ALL MODERN EUROPEANS ARE MIXTURES OF OLD POPULATIONS. Half the shit on this topic would be avoided by assuming reality as it is. None of you here is just one thing or the other.

Second: characteristics such as skin and hair color are polygenic (they depend on many genes) and citing individuals isolated from THOUSANDS of years ago does not prove anything about the RECENT pigmentation selection in Europe.
    Your first sentense the stupid thing that I have never seen: the mestizo corresponds to a specific category, a person with a European and Amerindian contribution, often 50/50.

Using this term to refer to the ancestral populations of a West European (for example, you) does not make sense is demonstrated ideological bias.

You are not "Mestizo", like my French father (since 500 years) is no "Mestizo" (and no, he has no other ancestors than the French, Mademoiselle anti-racist).

People who don't know anything about it should refrain from writing nonsense.

Last Online
    07-27-2022 @ 04:03 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Celtic
    Ancestry
    47.0 Anatolia_Barcin_N 40.6 Yamnaya_RUS_Samara 12.4 WHG
    Country
    France
    mtDNA
    H1
    Politics
    Liberal
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Flashball View Post
    Your first sentense the stupid thing that I have never seen: the mestizo corresponds to a specific category, a person with a European and Amerindian contribution, often 50/50.

Using this term to refer to the ancestral populations of a West European (for example, you) does not make sense is demonstrated ideological bias.

You are not "Mestizo", like my French father (since 500 years) is no "Mestizo" (and no, he has no other ancestors than the French, Mademoiselle anti-racist).

I'm sure you got the point and know it was an allegory. You can cry all you want.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    /...
    Country
    Japan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,819
    Given: 5,369

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Flashball View Post

You are WRONG, and she's absolutely right. Outside of anthroforums the term "mestizo" doesn't mean someone 50-50 anymore but rather someone who's Is racially mixed, terms like castizo harnizo Indomestizo are nothing but retarted anthroforums terms and are not used In any manner In real life since those terms were associated with the racist Spanish Caste system the average Latin American has no Idea what a Castizo o Indomestizo Is etc only the term mestizo still has a valid point.

Also no Mexican or Latin American Is exactly 50-50 since we are not first generation mixed people but rather multiracial even so called "white " Latinos still mestizos or genetically "triracial" themselves with just predominantly Euro ancestry unless they have 4 European grandparents which Is unlikely.

You are more likely to win the million dollar lottery then finding a Latin American that Is exactly 50-50%

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    /...
    Country
    Japan
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by L.o.l.i.t.a View Post

Genetically speaking we are triracial, even pure amerindians despite their dark complexion apperantly based on scientific genetics they are an ancient mixed population of caucasoid and mongoloids.

Thus we are closer to European populations then many people realized I'm myself 35% around amerindian and I cluster closer next to Greeks and other Southern Eastern Europeans on a PC plot maps despite having no Greek ancestry.

Last Online
    10-30-2022 @ 01:28 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Country
    Spain
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 168
    Given: 97

0 Not allowed!

This would make a lot of sense why people with such high ane like north Caucasians have light hair and some central Asians like tajiks and kalash. Where as more in the west and Hunter gatherer population brown hair prevails and is more prevalent

Last Online
    10-30-2022 @ 01:28 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Country
    Spain
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 168
    Given: 97

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hasien View Post
    Genetically speaking we are triracial, even pure amerindians despite their dark complexion apperantly based on scientific genetics they are an ancient mixed population of caucasoid and mongoloids.

Thus we are closer to European populations then many people realized I'm myself 35% around amerindian and I cluster closer next to Greeks and other Southern Eastern Europeans on a PC plot maps despite having no Greek ancestry.

U plot next to easterns bc of the Amerindian pull bc of where Amerindians plot lol not bc they’re part Caucasoid or anything.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    /...
    Country
    Japan
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Didac View Post
    U plot next to easterns bc of the Amerindian pull bc of where Amerindians plot lol not bc they’re part Caucasoid or anything.
    I dont plot where the amerindian sample Is or near If thats what you trying to say heck according to map I more Caucasoid than Tatars I seem very close to the Greeks despite my considerable amerindian ancestry and of course supposly (Jewish ancestry) yet having no confirmed Greek ancestry

Amerindians have ANE like Europeans do so I guess mixing with European kinda alters the ANE.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread Information