Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nationality Laws. What would you change ?

Last Online
    11-05-2023 @ 04:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Brabant, Holland, Guelders and some Hainaut.
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Norway Deal-NEXIT, Dutch Realm Atlanticist, Habsburg Legitimist
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34,729
    Given: 61,129

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by European Loyalist View Post
    Flemish I understand, but Afrikaners are a mixed ethnicity and have a completely foreign non-european culture. Is their right of return solely based on their history and their fluency in dutch?
    It should also cover Walloons as they too are a part of the Greater Netherlandic group of peoples. As for Afrikaners: it's more based on necessity. They are the victims of genocide in their own country so it should be the cousins that should help them out.. not their other former torturers: the Brits.
    Last edited by The Lawspeaker; 07-21-2012 at 05:06 PM.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Banned
    Last Online
    10-05-2014 @ 02:26 PM
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,296
    Given: 3,160

0 Not allowed!

This does not go for Dutch citizens involved in a popular uprising against the government as an uprising is a signal that the government has lost it's mandate to govern the country.
    That won't work because the government in power will be the one which defines who is and who isn't a traitor hence all rebels would be rounded up and shot.
    Look at Syria for a idea.

Flemish I understand, but Afrikaners are a mixed ethnicity and have a completely foreign non-european culture. Is their right of return solely based on their history and their fluency in dutch?
    The Baastards are part Khoisan so they're not Dutch. No half castes.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Albion View Post
    That won't work because the government in power will be the one which defines who is and who isn't a traitor hence all rebels would be rounded up and shot.
    Look at Syria for a idea.
    I believe that it should be enshrined in the constitution that the army (which should a conscription-based army) is the guardian of democracy and it has the right to act with force when a governments come even close to violating the constitution without any prior warning.

If you would have a conscript army and an armed citizenry a government is powerless to act against a people.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Civis Batavi View Post
    I believe that it should be enshrined in the constitution that the army (which should a conscription-based army) is the guardian of democracy and it has the right to act with force when a governments come even close to violating the constitution without any prior warning.

If you would have a conscript army and an armed citizenry a government is powerless to act against a people.
    Indeed, but what then stops an ambitious general from creating a military dictatorship?
    The people could rise up against him, but there'll also be collaborators who'll suppress opposition which would enable the subjugation of the army. Then the army would be forced into line under the command of the corrupt general with anyone who speaks out being shot or imprisoned. With the army you control the country.
    A few rebels in the marshes can't do much apart from sabotage infrastructure such as the dykes which would lead to flooding to hold back the military. This would provoke a backlash from public who'd loose their homes under the flood waters and hence they'd be no martyrs but would be vilified instead.

Its exploitable and there'll always be someone who'll exploit it. I'll think up a solution tomorrow.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Albion View Post
    Indeed, but what then stops an ambitious general from creating a military dictatorship?
    The people could rise up against him, but there'll also be collaborators who'll suppress opposition which would enable the subjugation of the army. Then the army would be forced into line under the command of the corrupt general with anyone who speaks out being shot or imprisoned. With the army you control the country.
    A few rebels in the marshes can't do much apart from sabotage infrastructure such as the dykes which would lead to flooding to hold back the military. This would provoke a backlash from public who'd loose their homes under the flood waters and hence they'd be no martyrs but would be vilified instead.

Its exploitable and there'll always be someone who'll exploit it. I'll think up a solution tomorrow.
    Then I wonder why it hasn't happened in Switzerland yet where everyone goes into the army and has a weapon at home. I would love to wish a government or some general "good luck" with any little future coup because they would be dead before they have actually finished saying the word Putsch (coup d'etat).

And then you don't know the Dutch. Dutch are no followers and they don't even salute their officers here much less obey them if they would have a bad idea. So either the general would be laughed out or bombed out of his new HQ.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Civis Batavi View Post
    Then I wonder why it hasn't happened in Switzerland yet where everyone goes into the army and has a weapon at home. I would love to wish a government or some general "good luck" with any little future coup because they would be dead before they have actually finished saying the word Putsch (coup d'etat).
    Well there are peoples who embrace democracy and those that don't, I suppose most non-Euro countries and the South American whites give us an idea about the latter.
    Just because it can happen it doesn't mean that it will.

And then you don't know the Dutch. Dutch are no followers and they don't even salute their officers here much less obey them if they would have a bad idea. So either the general would be laughed out or bombed out of his new HQ.
    Good.

Last Online
    08-03-2012 @ 10:08 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic-Romance
    Ethnicity
    Italian-Irish
    Ancestry
    Italy and Ireland
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

I believe in jus sanguinis only, so nationality/citizenship should be based on bloodlines/ancestry I think.

Tough on Violent Crime
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    CeltoGermanic
    Ethnicity
    Mongrelized NW Euromutt
    Ancestry
    Northwestern Europe
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Alaska
    Taxonomy
    CM
    Politics
    Suck
    Religion
    You follow yours...I follow none
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,676
    Given: 12,354

0 Not allowed!

Being as I am a born and bred colonial...my thought processes along these lines are Americo-centric.

I believe in jus soli as it applies to my country, or to other countries in the New World.

However, I respect that in other countries of the Old World, where ethnicities are more distinctive and easily discernible, jus sanguinis should apply

Banned
    Last Online
    11-04-2018 @ 05:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    Cuban
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Florida
    Hero
    Tony Montana
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,295
    Given: 26,310

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by rhiannon View Post
    I believe in jus soli as it applies to my country, or to other countries in the New World.
    Jus soli is a mind-numblingly retarded idea.

America should do citizenship like some Red Injun tribes do...if you're not a legitimate descendant from someone on the 1790 census...you're not a citizen.

The small number of foreigners and people of foreign descent who actually demonstrate loyalty and patriotism (i.e. Dinesh D'Souza, some second, third, and foruth generation immigrants here) should be given full citizenship.

But the vast majority of foreigners not at all.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information