Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any info regarding J2a1i (J2a12)

Last Online
    02-03-2021 @ 03:14 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mongrelized Uralic Slav-Turk
    Ethnicity
    Crimean Tatar
    Ancestry
    Crimea
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    J2
    mtDNA
    H2a1
    Politics
    Conservative
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

1 Not allowed!

Default Any info regarding J2a1i (J2a12)

When I got my DNA results back from 23andme, they categorized me as simply J2. Recently I found an online program that predicts your haplogroup by examining the Y-SNP, or something like that, called MorleyDNA Y-SNP Subclade predictor. I uploaded my raw data to it and it gave me 4 predictions as to what my haplogroup could be. The "most likely" was J2a1i, or J2-L88 (J2-L198), and apparently FTDNA calls the same haplogroup "J2a12" also. I am a Crimean Tatar from my father's side and Russian from mother's side.

I could only find mention of the "J2a12" in three places around the internet, one place was some Holocaust site that mentioned a Ukrainian Jew named Wladyslaw Sidorowicz that was born in Poland and this guy got DNA tested later throughout his life I guess and he turned out to be J2a12. But I don't have any Jewish roots, and as far as I know J2 isn't an exclusively Jewish haplogroup.

The other place that mentions J2a12 is in some archived e-mail conversation between genealogists on a website, where they talk about another Ukrainian guy with J2a12 (J2a1i as classified by ISOGG). But they keep bringing up "J-P81" which I'm not sure whether that has anything to do with what I am.

The third place that I found it mentioned is on Anthrogenica, where someone tried to reconstruct an older thread originally posted on Molgen.org which apparently no longer exists. Once again though, Ukraine is mentioned. There they also categorize J2a12 under P81 and refer to it as "J2a1g" as well which, as a person new to genealogy, confuses me because I don't know what it means and whether "J-P81 or J2a1g" relate to J2a1i or not.

Does anyone else have any info on J2a1i/J2a12 and does anyone else on here carry it? Is it possible to pinpoint a general territory where this subclade is prevalent? Can someone make sense of the "J-P81" thing to me and does it relate to J2a1i?

Sorry if it sounds like I don't know what the hell I'm talking about, because that's the case.

Thank you so much.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-26-2022 @ 04:23 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 818
    Given: 824

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Gireyev View Post
    When I got my DNA results back from 23andme, they categorized me as simply J2. Recently I found an online program that predicts your haplogroup by examining the Y-SNP, or something like that, called MorleyDNA Y-SNP Subclade predictor. I uploaded my raw data to it and it gave me 4 predictions as to what my haplogroup could be. The "most likely" was J2a1i, or J2-L88 (J2-L198), and apparently FTDNA calls the same haplogroup "J2a12" also. I am a Crimean Tatar from my father's side and Russian from mother's side.

I could only find mention of the "J2a12" in three places around the internet, one place was some Holocaust site that mentioned a Ukrainian Jew named Wladyslaw Sidorowicz that was born in Poland and this guy got DNA tested later throughout his life I guess and he turned out to be J2a12. But I don't have any Jewish roots, and as far as I know J2 isn't an exclusively Jewish haplogroup.

The other place that mentions J2a12 is in some archived e-mail conversation between genealogists on a website, where they talk about another Ukrainian guy with J2a12 (J2a1i as classified by ISOGG). But they keep bringing up "J-P81" which I'm not sure whether that has anything to do with what I am.

The third place that I found it mentioned is on Anthrogenica, where someone tried to reconstruct an older thread originally posted on Molgen.org which apparently no longer exists. Once again though, Ukraine is mentioned. There they also categorize J2a12 under P81 and refer to it as "J2a1g" as well which, as a person new to genealogy, confuses me because I don't know what it means and whether "J-P81 or J2a1g" relate to J2a1i or not.

Does anyone else have any info on J2a1i/J2a12 and does anyone else on here carry it? Is it possible to pinpoint a general territory where this subclade is prevalent? Can someone make sense of the "J-P81" thing to me and does it relate to J2a1i?

Sorry if it sounds like I don't know what the hell I'm talking about, because that's the case.

Thank you so much.

Hello Gireyev!

I am of Hellenic Origin. I can trace my family back almost 5 Generations in Greece. I received my MorleyDNA Y-SNP Subclade predictor results and I am either J2a1i or J1a

FTDNA format (transferred Geno 2.0 results) + ISOGG tree
    J2a1i
    J2-L88 (J2-L198)

FTDNA format (transferred Geno 2.0 results) + Experimental tree
    J1a
    J1-Z2215

Last Online
    11-30-2022 @ 09:47 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Netherlands
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 502
    Given: 155

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Epirus DNA View Post
    Hello Gireyev!

I am of Hellenic Origin. I can trace my family back almost 5 Generations in Greece. I received my MorleyDNA Y-SNP Subclade predictor results and I am either J2a1i or J1a

J2a1i
    J2-L88 (J2-L198)

J1a
    J1-Z2215
    I have J2a1i J2-L88 (J2-L198) on both ISOGG as well as Experimental tree. I can trace my paternal line in Greece at least 7 generations.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Netherlands
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Epirus DNA View Post
    Hello Gireyev!

J2a1i
    J2-L88 (J2-L198)

J1a
    J1-Z2215
    I have J2a1i J2-L88 (J2-L198) on both ISOGG as well as Experimental tree. I can trace my paternal line in Greece at least 7 generations.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-09-2021 @ 06:57 AM
    Ethnicity
    Southern European
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Leon
    Y-DNA
    R-L21
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,903
    Given: 4,896

1 Not allowed!

https://cladefinder.yseq.net/

Use that tool, is way better than MorleyDNA (which is a good one too, but outdated).

J2 is mostly a EEF haplogroup, but tell me your results with that tool and let´s see what else we could get.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-12-2022 @ 11:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Ancestry
    Silves + Portimão + Ferragudo, Portugal
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R-Z225
    mtDNA
    H1c3
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,076
    Given: 6,670

1 Not allowed!

This is the 11th largest Ashkenazi Y-line. Definite EEF. I'm not too sure much more but definitely use the website @Rocinante posted ^^

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Netherlands
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocinante View Post

Use that tool, is way better than MorleyDNA (which is a good one too, but outdated).

J2 is mostly a EEF haplogroup, but tell me your results with that tool and let´s see what else we could get.
    Thank you. I got this one

Most specific position on the YFull YTree is J-L26

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Netherlands
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocinante View Post

Most specific position on the YFull YTree is J-L26

Banned
    Last Online
    04-26-2022 @ 04:23 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 818
    Given: 824

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dianatomia View Post
    I got this one too.. but mine has now become:

J2a1i (L198) (L88)

Banned
    Last Online
    04-09-2021 @ 06:57 AM
    Ethnicity
    Southern European
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Leon
    Y-DNA
    R-L21
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,903
    Given: 4,896

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dianatomia View Post
    Good!

Interesting, you have a semitic clade, with an haplogroup that belongs to the Early European Farmers. The J-L26 is an haplogroup that belongs to the Cohen Modal Haplotype, making it somehow special.

According YFull tested people, it is common in Portugal, Italy, U.S.A., Great Britain, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, Israel, Armenia and Lebanon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information