PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
Does race exist? Debunking race denialists and Lewontin's fallacy. - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Does race exist? Debunking race denialists and Lewontin's fallacy.

Last Online
    08-17-2017 @ 12:06 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Finno-Ugric/Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Finnish & Levantine Arab
    Ancestry
    Paternal: Eastern Finland (likely with Russian admixture) Maternal: Palestine
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    mtDNA
    X2e2b
    Taxonomy
    Nordid-Baltid-Arabid Mongrel
    Politics
    Right Wing - Libertarian
    Hero
    Ronald Reagan
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,316
    Given: 156

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ibericus View Post
    The genetic distances between some animal races can be similar to difference between human races.
    Actually the overall genrtic variance between human beings is much greater than many subspecies of many animals.

For example, all cheetah subspecies actually have about a tenth the variance humans do.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-17-2017 @ 07:08 PM
    Ethnicity
    Manchester
    Country
    Adyghea
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 170
    Given: 56

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Danielion View Post
    Call me an anti-intellectual, but Julius Evola fans often have a weird obsession with Iran I noticed.
    I can probably answer this. I'm Iranophilic enough but don't obsess over it.

Evola is an author that is read by by 2 kinds of people.
    -White nationalist types looking to use his mythical references to Hyperborea and the primordial days, and twist the narrative to say that he's referring as to how white people are divine and superior, even though the bulk of his career was opposing race as seen from a zoological pov, and greatly mocked Rosenberg for doing that in the first place. Iran gets the unfortunate etymological burden of being associated with Aryan there.

-Perennialists who overwhelmingly are political imperialists. Like yours truly.
    Iran isn't appreciated for the sake of the race of Medes or the Persians, but because the Achaemenid Empire is perhaps the direct first blueprint of what perennial imperialism is about, via having people capitulate to a single throne, even if a multinational (not multicultural) configuration in ethnic terms is preserved. Remember that Alexander copied all the Persian administration and reutilized it himself as did the Hellenestic kingdoms that his generals created, and through them, Rome as well bringing the imperial notion to fruition in the majority of Europe. The history of the Holy Roman Empire is trying to replicate the exact same thing, or that of the Russian Empire.
    Having previously absorbed both Egypt and Babylon a few centuries before, Iran is thus the channel, the repository by which civilization came to be not only politically but also religiously and philosophically.

I also don't like this about his personality (shamelessly quoting Wiki, but it's source)

If he lived today he'd probably be a manosphere blogger.

And yes, while I should be this shallow, it's does turn me off a great deal. The world is a rich tapestry of eloquent nutjobs who sell air in the end and time is short.
    Yeah, that's your problem really. Gender equality isn't a thing.

Banned
    Last Online
    02-08-2021 @ 10:14 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Euromutt & fag
    Ethnicity
    French (Normandy, Alsace), German (Saxony, Lower Silesia), Spanish Basque (Biskaya)
    Ancestry
    Some cheeky monkeys with opposable first digit
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Occitania
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L20
    Taxonomy
    Probably subnordid
    Politics
    Libtardism, European federalism, anti-nationalism
    Religion
    never complain, never explain
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,268
    Given: 1,561

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Segata Sanshiro View Post
    I deny it in homo sapiens sapiens. Idaltu is extinct and even they were basically the same as us

As I said, if you want something more akin to dog breeds, look at Homo Erectus

H. Erectus Erectus was about 5 feet 8 inches (173 cm) tall and his thighbones show that he walked erect like modern humans. The femur is thicker than that of a modern human The skull was characterized by thick bones and a retreating forehead and no chin, as well as protruding browridges and a massive jaw. With 900 ccm, his cranial capacity was smaller than that of later H. erectus specimens. He had human teeth with large canines.

H. Erectus Palaeojavanicus stood 8 to 10 feet tall as an adult and had signficantly thicker bones than others

Though its morphology was, for the most part, typical of Homo erectus, H. Erectus Soloensis culture was unusually advanced. This poses many problems to current theories concerning the limitations of Homo erectus behavior in terms of innovation and language. Its cranial capacity ranged between 1013–1251 cm³, placing it amongst the larger-brained members of the Homo genus.

Homo Erectus Georgicus had a brain volume of 600 cubic centimetres (37 cu in), and D4500 or Dmanisi Skull 5, with a brain volume of about 546 centimetres—present the two smallest and most primitive Hominina skulls from the Pleistocene period.

H. ergaster (aka. the African Homo Erectus) is subsumed under the taxon H. erectus, and that the two species have much the same ancestry and progeny, and should be classified accordingly. H. ergaster may be distinguished from H. erectus by its thinner skull-bones and lack of an obvious supraorbital foramen; and from H. heidelbergensis by its thinner bones, more protrusive face, and lower forehead. Derived features separating it from earlier non-Homo species include reduced sexual dimorphism, a smaller, more orthognathous (less protrusive) face, a smaller dental arcade, and a larger cranial capacity (that is, 700–900 cm³ in earlier H. ergaster-specimens, and 900–1100 in later specimens)

The differences in these subspecies are far more akin to the differences in dog breeds than those of humans of different races
    Don't waste too much time and energy with stubborn anthrotards. As we say in French, it's like giving jam to the pigs. Every modern book of Human biology contradicts them. If they want to remain blind because their scientific vision is in conjunction with their political beliefs, it's up to them.
    Gobineau, Haeckel, Chamberlain, Le Bon, Vacher de Lapouge, Marr, Günther and all other theoreticians of craniometry and scientific racism are dead and buried.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 07:16 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic, Thracian, Romance
    Ethnicity
    Romanian/ Norwegian mix
    Ancestry
    Romanian (mother), Norwegian(father)
    Country
    Norway
    Region
    Oslo
    Y-DNA
    R-L48
    mtDNA
    W
    Politics
    Centrist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,426
    Given: 4,139

0 Not allowed!

I deny it in homo sapiens sapiens. Idaltu is extinct and even they were basically the same as us

As I said, if you want something more akin to dog breeds, look at Homo Erectus

H. Erectus Erectus was about 5 feet 8 inches (173 cm) tall and his thighbones show that he walked erect like modern humans. The femur is thicker than that of a modern human The skull was characterized by thick bones and a retreating forehead and no chin, as well as protruding browridges and a massive jaw. With 900 ccm, his cranial capacity was smaller than that of later H. erectus specimens. He had human teeth with large canines.

H. Erectus Palaeojavanicus stood 8 to 10 feet tall as an adult and had signficantly thicker bones than others

Though its morphology was, for the most part, typical of Homo erectus, H. Erectus Soloensis culture was unusually advanced. This poses many problems to current theories concerning the limitations of Homo erectus behavior in terms of innovation and language. Its cranial capacity ranged between 1013–1251 cm³, placing it amongst the larger-brained members of the Homo genus.

Homo Erectus Georgicus had a brain volume of 600 cubic centimetres (37 cu in), and D4500 or Dmanisi Skull 5, with a brain volume of about 546 centimetres—present the two smallest and most primitive Hominina skulls from the Pleistocene period.

H. ergaster (aka. the African Homo Erectus) is subsumed under the taxon H. erectus, and that the two species have much the same ancestry and progeny, and should be classified accordingly. H. ergaster may be distinguished from H. erectus by its thinner skull-bones and lack of an obvious supraorbital foramen; and from H. heidelbergensis by its thinner bones, more protrusive face, and lower forehead. Derived features separating it from earlier non-Homo species include reduced sexual dimorphism, a smaller, more orthognathous (less protrusive) face, a smaller dental arcade, and a larger cranial capacity (that is, 700–900 cm³ in earlier H. ergaster-specimens, and 900–1100 in later specimens)

The differences in these subspecies are far more akin to the differences in dog breeds than those of humans of different races
    Funny thing you say that
    https://www.cambridge.org/core/journ...-breeds-using-
    microsatellite-markers/3D78C47043DDE30703F7E00C7ACEFCC1/core-reader
    Table 3 F ST estimates 1 as a measure of genetic distance between dog breeds

BER=Bergamasco Shepherd; BEL=Belgian Shepherd; MSD=Maremma Sheepdog; SHU=Siberian Husky; ALM=Alaskan Malamute; CWD=Czechoslovakian Wolfdog; GSD=German Shepherd Dog; BCO=Border Collie; ORO=Oropa Shepherd; LGS=Lupino del Gigante Shepherd.
    All pairwise F ST differences were significantly larger than 0 (P<0.001).
    http://dienekes.blogspot.no/2010/12/...ion-first.html

Banned
    Last Online
    05-20-2018 @ 11:53 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Euramerasian
    Ethnicity
    Mexican
    Ancestry
    1/4 Spanish; 1/4 Japanese; 1/4 German; 1/4 Amerindian
    Country
    France
    Region
    Pays de la Loire
    Politics
    She said, "Don't make others suffer for your personal hatred."
    Religion
    Islam
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,226
    Given: 456

0 Not allowed!

You ever seen these dogs? They are very very similar in their appearance and behavior.

Show me variation between a husky, mastiff, chihuahua, dingo, australian singing dog, and a bull dog

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 07:16 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic, Thracian, Romance
    Ethnicity
    Romanian/ Norwegian mix
    Ancestry
    Romanian (mother), Norwegian(father)
    Country
    Norway
    Region
    Oslo
    Y-DNA
    R-L48
    mtDNA
    W
    Politics
    Centrist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,426
    Given: 4,139

0 Not allowed!

You ever seen these dogs? They are very very similar in their appearance and behavior.

Show me variation between a husky, mastiff, chihuahua, dingo, australian singing dog, and a bull dog
    So according to you (this is similar genetic difference BTW).
    This is the same/ insignificant differences:

So are the differences between

and

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:42 PM
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R-CTS241
    mtDNA
    K1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,955
    Given: 11,667

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lessenech View Post
    -Perennialists who overwhelmingly are political imperialists. Like yours truly.
    I personally think perennialism is just a coping ideology especially popular among those who are of a different cultural background than the one they have grown up in. A bit like how people of reviled ethnic groups find communism attractive because it gives them a hope of equality.

Yeah, that's your problem really. Gender equality isn't a thing.
    I guess it is. I neither believe in gender equality, but I disapprove of rape in every context and I certainly am not a woman hater like is popular among MGTOW and manosphere bloggers.
    Last edited by Dandelion; 07-05-2017 at 01:14 AM.

Banned
    Last Online
    02-08-2021 @ 10:14 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Euromutt & fag
    Ethnicity
    French (Normandy, Alsace), German (Saxony, Lower Silesia), Spanish Basque (Biskaya)
    Ancestry
    Some cheeky monkeys with opposable first digit
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Occitania
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L20
    Taxonomy
    Probably subnordid
    Politics
    Libtardism, European federalism, anti-nationalism
    Religion
    never complain, never explain
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,268
    Given: 1,561

0 Not allowed!

Stop with your obsession with dog breeds, you pseudo-scientist. A breed is not a species. All dogs belong to the degenerated subspecies of gray wolf: Canis lupus familiaries. A breed is just the result of physical characteristics, developped under artificial selection by Humans. There are pure, mixed, natural and cross-breeds.
    You can't talk of breeds about Human beings.

Our species of Homo sapiens sapiens didn't undergo divergent evolution through reproductive isolation The branches of our phylogenetic tree are too intertwined, no natural barrier allowed any speciation. Recent research confirmed that we all stem from the same lineage of Homo sapiens sapiens. With about 2000 individuals left, we almost faced extinction 70 000 years ago, while we still were in Africa, probably concentrated at the same place.
    The descendants of these scarce populations left the black continent 50 000 years ago, populating continental Asia, then Indonesia and Australia, 40 000 years ago, we were in Europe. The Americas were probably populated around 30 000 ago. We are all brothers.

Between a Chukchi living in East Siberia and a Khoisan from Namibia, there's less genetic differences than between two subspecies of similar cheetahs. Negrophobic Sekarotuinen is sister to O.J. Simpson.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-17-2017 @ 07:08 PM
    Ethnicity
    Manchester
    Country
    Adyghea
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 170
    Given: 56

0 Not allowed!

I personally think perennialism is just a coping ideology especially popular among those who are of a different cultural background than the one they have grown up in. A bit like how people of reviled ethnic groups find communism attractive because it gives them a hope of equality.

What? How does that even work?
    Not only were the bulk of perennialist authors as native as they came to the place where they were born, with perhaps Schuon being German yet raised in France as an exception.

In my own case I'm as native as you can get, since every single ancestor whose baptism certificate I've been able to find dating to centuries lived in the exact same village where I was born and raised, and currently live 100 km away from it. All other younger people with whom I speak who share philosophical tendencies with me also tend to be native to their places of residence, whether in Scandinavia or the Benelux or what have you. In fact, I only know 1 person who grew up in a country different to that of his origin.

I don't even get the argument. Perennialism if anything says that organic societies are worth being defended, how would it be a vessel for outrooted people?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-09-2019 @ 01:55 AM
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid-Atlantid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,248
    Given: 4,031

0 Not allowed!

Just look at people and ofcourse it exist.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information