I1b
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35,722
    Given: 17,037

1 Not allowed!

Default 12 Great Saints for Children

12 Great Saints for Children

Source: http://www.rcatholics.com/12-great-saints-children/

"Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not; for of such is the kingdom of God," said Jesus (Mark 10:14). That's why He gave us great, special saints for children. Here are 12 of them:

1. The Blessed Virgin Mary.

All children especially love Mary, their beautiful, tender Mother who always is there for them. She especially is the model of chastity and modesty for girls. And she raised Jesus from the Incarnation in her womb through infancy to adulthood.

2. St. Joseph.

The foster-father of Our Lord Jesus Christ was a most holy man, an example for all fathers. He protected the Blessed Virgin Mary and the Infant Jesus, in particular when they fled into Egypt during Herod's persecutions.

3. St. John Bosco.

This great saint was dedicated to helping the children of the poor. He established schools and other organizations based on Catholic charity. His especially was dedicated to helping orphaned boys.

4. St. Dominic Savio.

One of the children helped by St. John Bosco, St. Dominic was a holy boy from a young age, but died at age 14. His motto: "I can't do big things but I want everything to be for the glory of God."

5. St. Maria Goretti.

In these difficult times, she is the perfect model of chastity. She heroically defended her virtue against an attacker, even to the point of her death.

6. St. Therese of Lisieux.

A favorite saint for many people, the Little Flower is beloved for her simple, yet profound devotion to Jesus from a young age. She is an example of how children can develop a strong life of prayer.

7. St. Francis of Assisi.

As a young man, St. Francis was frivolous and materialistic. But he started to pray. Eventually in a church, God spoke to him, "Francis, repair my church." He then lived a life of poverty and founded the Franciscan religious order.

8. St. Ignatius of Loyola.

Like many young men, St. Ignatius wanted to be a great soldier. Then he was wounded severely in battle, with his legs shattered. Recovering in a hospital, he began reading books on Jesus and the saints. After intense prayer, God led him to found the Society of Jesus.

9. St. Bernadette.

When age 14, in the year 1858, the Blessed Virgin Mary appeared to Bernadette and proclaimed, "I am the Immaculate Conception." A chapel was built on the site, which is a grotto, where clear waters heal the sick to this day.

10. St. Nicholas.

Commonly called Santa Claus, he is the Patron Saint of children. As bishop of Myra, Asia Minor (today the country of Turkey), he was well known for his charity, especially giving gifts to children.

11. St. Michael.

As an archangel, St. Michael is our great protector against Satan, the devil who tempts us. The Bible describes St. Michael as "the great prince, who standeth for the children of thy people" (Daniel 12:1). Children should call on St. Michael by praying the St. Michael Prayer.

12. St. John the Evangelist.

He was in his late teens when he became one of the 12 apostles Jesus called to His ministry, and to lead His Catholic Church. The only apostle to stand by Jesus at the foot of the Cross, he wrote the Gospel of St. John, three epistles and the Apocalypse.

Last Online
    03-09-2021 @ 01:23 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic, English
    Ethnicity
    Hungarian and English
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 601
    Given: 401

0 Not allowed!