Philippians 4.13
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,778
    Given: 13,724

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Antimage View Post
    Who do you think will win? This is a very hyped match, whichever site(news or social media) I look at I find articles,videos, references to it, people talk about it a lot so I decided to make a thread about it here.
    It is a boxing match so most likely Mayweather has most advantages based on experience and a zero loss record and being one of the best boxers ever.
    However they are both stylistically counterstrikers so its an interesting matchup, also Mayweather is now 40 yo and Conor I think is around 28.
    Most likely Mayweather by decision, if Connor cant land a clean big shot then chances are he gets outpointed all night possibly ko'd if he's exhausted and Mayweather lands a series of clean shots on his chin, remember Conor getting exhausted and punched was the initial cause of his downfall against Diaz 1.
    Then again there are a lot of factors here, both guys having to do the media tour, the fact Mayweather is 40yo and has been out of the ring for sometime now.
    Conor has a good fight IQ, how he came back and beat Diaz although a close fight, was still very impressive. If CM can find a way to land some of his big shots clean then that could well do it, problem for him is he is up against the best defensive boxer in the world.

Sup? Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Of the school of Ron Jeremy
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,867
    Given: 12,734

1 Not allowed!

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Dutch, German, French Huguenot, British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,956
    Given: 45,027

1 Not allowed!

‘I’m half black… from the bellybutton down’: McGregor’s comments branded racist

The traveling circus that is the series of press conferences ahead of the Conor McGregor v Floyd Mayweather fight on August 26 has been hitting the headlines for the gregarious Irishman’s use of racially-charged language toward the boxer.

Little of the coverage surrounding this fight seems to be about the fight at all, while the press conferences themselves may very well be more entertaining than the actual encounter between the two men.

While the coverage has been plentiful, the Irish UFC champion has been accused of racism more than once during the press conferences. He has twice taunted Mayweather, saying: “Dance for me, boy!” and a clip has also emerged of him referring to black men in Rocky III as “dancing monkeys.”
    For his part McGregor seems unfazed, responding to accusations in typical McGregor style during the New York press conference on Thursday.

“Let me address the race,” he said. “A lot of the media seem to be saying I’m against black people. That’s absolutely f**king ridiculous! Do they not know I’m half-black? Yeah! I’m half-black from the belly button down.”

The next installment of this circus is scheduled for London on Friday, perhaps there’ll be some talk of the fight, though you shouldn’t count on it.

Thankfully it’ll be the last one until the fight itself on August 26.
    Help support Apricity by making a donation

Banned
    Last Online
    05-22-2020 @ 07:41 PM
    Ethnicity
    One Drop Rule Activated!
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H7a
    Taxonomy
    Bantuid
    Politics
    Save Us All From Whitey
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,458
    Given: 7,646

2 Not allowed!

Mayweather will win this fight with no problem because McGregor isn't a fucking boxer at all, just because he is a MMA fighter, that doesn't necessarily mean he will be good at boxing, its two totally different styles and I have a hard time believing this guy will even knock out Floyd, let alone beat him in his own sport

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,478
    Given: 5,059

2 Not allowed!

Bizarre match to start with, and I'm loving it. We have a undeafeated boxing fighter who's dream for so long was to beat Marciano's record( managed to tie it), against a guy who never fought one pro box fight in his live.

Boxing is part of MMA, but boxing aplied in the context of mma fight is very different than a true boxing bout. The foot work, the angles, the distance, the size of the gloves ( it will play against Connor, the bigger man) is completely different, a different game. Connor is going to experience a fighter who is going to be much more faster, precise and skillfull than he is plus a defensive master, it is very difficult to land a punch on Mayweather. He makes great boxers look ordinary.

It is versatility entering the game/realm of specialization.

Connor is younger, bigger and knows exactly what he is facing off (I'm curious to see what's the outcome of that mental warfare), Mayweather don't, it will be a surprise. How Connor will move, punch, it will be facing the unknown. The fact Connor is a southpaw and Money had in the past some problems with it , can play in Connor's favor. But make no mistake about it Mayweather is by far the favourite here, logic vs emotion haha logic tell ,this but fighting is much more than logic ... Connor will never beat him on points and will have to be the bully in the ring, go after,to cut the ring and try to connect a heavy punch, but be extremely wary of Mayweather counterpunches.

I'm super pumped for it, and the truth is everybody is vanquishable at a given day and time, that's the beauty of fighting, one single hit, it is what it takes to end a fight, unpredictability.

I'm rooting for Connor, for some reason I feel this Irish cocky, brash, bastard , impervious, bullet proof mind of a guy, will write his name in fighting sports forever (probably just wishful thinking I'm a mma guy).

Truth to be told he has nothing to lose, he is facing a undefeated fighter, in a different discipline, so logic tell us he is going to lose, what's the odds of him beating Mayweather? everything he can get from this is profit, plus his pockets will be full of greens.
    Last edited by ĮGUIA; 07-15-2017 at 10:07 PM.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-16-2024 @ 06:34 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mexican-American
    Ethnicity
    Mexican Mestizo
    Ancestry
    Mexico
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Politics
    Center-Right
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,874
    Given: 12,909

0 Not allowed!

I knew this fight is a total joke

Jessie Vargas Says Conor McGregor Was Knocked Out in Sparring

According to former two division world champion Jessie Vargas, UFC superstar Conor McGregor was knocked out in recent sparring session.

McGregor is preparing to fight five division world champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. (49-0, 26 KOs), who at 40-years-old is coming back from a two-year retirement.

The fight is scheduled to take place on August 26th at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

Speaking to Villainfy Media, Vargas claimed he had heard McGregor was knocked out while sparring in preparation for his August 26 fight against Mayweather.

“This guy got knocked out in sparring already,” Vargas said in a video interview.

The Las Vegas fighter did not reveal his sources or provide further details of the purported knock out - “The boxing world is small so it’s a small circle.”

Vargas’ claim contrasts the accounts of McGregor’s sparring partners, who have been effusive in their praise of ‘The Notorious.’

“I don’t know if you’ve seen the photo that he uploaded onto his Instagram after our session,” amateur Irish boxer Tiernan Bradley told MMA Fighting earlier this month. “People are talking about his left hand and whether the power will be there with 10-ounce gloves — he lifted me off my feet with a right uppercut in 16 (ounce gloves)!

McGregor's head trainer, John Kavanagh, says his fighter was looked very solid in training.

http://www.boxingscene.com/jessie-va...arring--118591

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,478
    Given: 5,059

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by RMuller View Post
    Training sessions are very different than actual proper fight tho. Some shine in practise and not that much in real combat, while others is the opposite. Motivation ...

Veteran Member XenophobicPrussian's Avatar
    Last Online
    04-09-2022 @ 08:30 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic/Baltic
    Ethnicity
    50% German, 50% Polish
    Ancestry
    Mostly north-east German, Polish, some Anglo-Canadian/English and Lithuanian.
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    R1b, I1 or bust
    mtDNA
    H1, H3, U5 or bust
    Taxonomy
    Oberkasselid(depigmented female Australoid)
    Politics
    NW-Euro Theodor Herzlism
    Hero
    I sexually identify as Jared Taylor
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,075
    Given: 1,717

1 Not allowed!

I'd give Mcgregor a chance if it was 4oz gloves. Contrary to the popular belief that heavier gloves do more damage, the KO/TKO difference in MMA vs boxing says it all. Boxing is pretty much half cardio, and I can't see Mcgregor taking 6-7 rounds in a 36 minute fight when he was done twice against Nate Diaz halfway through a 25 minute fight, neither of fights in which there was any grappling involved to get Mcgregor that gassed.

Mcgregor wins the trashtalking, though. IQ difference between Conor and the guy who can't read Harry Potter on full display in those press conferences.
    The Guanche skulls as a whole are unlike those of modern European Mediterraneans, and resemble northern European series most closely, especially those in which a brachycephalic element is present, as in Burgundian and Alemanni series.
    divided them into clearly differentiated types, which include a Mediterranean, a Nordic, a "Guanche," and an Alpine. The "Guanche" accounts for 50 per cent of the whole on the four islands of Teneriffe, Gomera, Gran Canaria, and Hierro; the Nordic for 31 per cent, the Mediterranean for 13 per cent, and the Alpine
    oldschool anthropology

Sup? Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Of the school of Ron Jeremy
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,867
    Given: 12,734

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by RMuller View Post
    I knew this fight is a total joke

Jessie Vargas Says Conor McGregor Was Knocked Out in Sparring

According to former two division world champion Jessie Vargas, UFC superstar Conor McGregor was knocked out in recent sparring session.

McGregor is preparing to fight five division world champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. (49-0, 26 KOs), who at 40-years-old is coming back from a two-year retirement.

The fight is scheduled to take place on August 26th at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

Speaking to Villainfy Media, Vargas claimed he had heard McGregor was knocked out while sparring in preparation for his August 26 fight against Mayweather.

“This guy got knocked out in sparring already,” Vargas said in a video interview.

The Las Vegas fighter did not reveal his sources or provide further details of the purported knock out - “The boxing world is small so it’s a small circle.”

Vargas’ claim contrasts the accounts of McGregor’s sparring partners, who have been effusive in their praise of ‘The Notorious.’

“I don’t know if you’ve seen the photo that he uploaded onto his Instagram after our session,” amateur Irish boxer Tiernan Bradley told MMA Fighting earlier this month. “People are talking about his left hand and whether the power will be there with 10-ounce gloves — he lifted me off my feet with a right uppercut in 16 (ounce gloves)!

McGregor's head trainer, John Kavanagh, says his fighter was looked very solid in training.

http://www.boxingscene.com/jessie-va...arring--118591
    Nigga, that's McGregor playing mind games with Mayweather. Everyone knows sparring partners sign a non-disclosure clause and it's because everyone knows this that Mayweather isn't fooled.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-16-2024 @ 06:34 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mexican-American
    Ethnicity
    Mexican Mestizo
    Ancestry
    Mexico
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Politics
    Center-Right
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,874
    Given: 12,909

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Frank Grimes View Post
    Nigga, that's McGregor playing mind games with Mayweather. Everyone knows sparring partners sign a non-disclosure clause and it's because everyone knows this that Mayweather isn't fooled.
    "He got knocked out in sparring already, man!" Vargas says in the video clip. “The boxing world is small; it's a small circle.”

http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/boxer-je...ews.35139.html

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information