View Poll Results: Can this occur? (DO NOT FORGET TO EXPLAIN)

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 65.00%
  • No

7 35.00%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Can (nonsexual, platonic) friendships between 2 attractive persons occur?

Banned
    Last Online
    04-12-2019 @ 11:40 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Cuman
    Ancestry
    Cuman.
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Sardinia
    Y-DNA
    CUMANS
    mtDNA
    CUMANS
    Taxonomy
    atlanto-med + cm
    Politics
    CUMANISM
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,912
    Given: 19,658

4 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Cniva View Post
    Whatever you are, you're a pretty boy with a punchable face.

You're not even aware how pretentious you are & how it irritates/intimidates most women.

Try to be more humble & modest Mr.Casanova. We all know you're pretty.
    I appreciate it but I'm not being high and mighty by any means btw I've dated and non ethnic white girls too same mentality I can assure you. I don't think race or ethnicity really changes women's mindsets that much at all.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-14-2024 @ 09:21 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    Persian-Azeri
    Ancestry
    -
    Country
    Iran
    Taxonomy
    Iranid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,723
    Given: 5,103

1 Not allowed!

It cant happen. Always end up doing something sexual.

Last Online
    12-03-2017 @ 11:49 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    jatt
    Ethnicity
    south asian
    Country
    India
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,427
    Given: 682

1 Not allowed!

You act so high and mighty like you're some Casanova, yet your girlfriend, wife or whatever is some ethnic & objectively you have top-tier looks and could clearly do better..... what's failing you from getting a girl with a nice pink peach is this very strategy you have wrote above.

Lol, often times a person can grow on you. You can hate them at first but overall they become more charming. This is especially true for how girls see guys.

You 2 are ignorant as fuck & don't have nearly as much wisdom & experience as me.
    May be you believe in internet too much and believe in those women who lie to gullible guys.. I have a lot of experience my friend and i have girls who worship the ground i walk on... If you actually had that much experience you wouldnt be saying stuff you say here

Last Online
    12-03-2017 @ 11:49 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    jatt
    Ethnicity
    south asian
    Country
    India
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,427
    Given: 682

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SardiniaAtlantis View Post
    I appreciate it but I'm not being high and mighty by any means btw I've dated and non ethnic white girls too same mentality I can assure you. I don't think race or ethnicity really changes women's mindsets that much at all.
    exactly women behave very similar across ethnicities race.....

Banned
    Last Online
    04-12-2019 @ 11:40 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Cuman
    Ancestry
    Cuman.
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Sardinia
    Y-DNA
    CUMANS
    mtDNA
    CUMANS
    Taxonomy
    atlanto-med + cm
    Politics
    CUMANISM
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,912
    Given: 19,658

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by jatt View Post
    exactly women behave very similar across ethnicities race.....
    Anyone with much real world experience knows this also anyone who isn't racist of course.

Banned
    Last Online
    06-23-2021 @ 06:41 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    EM78GREENSAVANNAH's best friend
    Ethnicity
    Bessarabian Jew
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    g2a1
    mtDNA
    h1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,158
    Given: 4,510

0 Not allowed!

^ I work as a scrub nurse surrounded by women. WHAT NOW!?

You are all stupid nerds who's experience with women comes from sitting on computer.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-05-2018 @ 12:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    Ülülü
    Ancestry
    Illyrian
    Country
    Macedonia
    Region
    Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality
    Politics
    Necessarily Ominous
    Hero
    Angra Mahin'yu
    Religion
    Rosacrucian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,987
    Given: 5,521

0 Not allowed!

^ I work as a scrub nurse surrounded by women. WHAT NOW!?

You are all stupid nerds who's experience with women comes from sitting on computer.
    Explains why your testosterone is too low and why you're so clueless with women in general. Now fuck off male nurse, K? No one cares about disniy-romantic-pseudo-datin-advice.

You never see a Lion asking an antelope how it prefers to be preyed upon.

Banned
    Last Online
    06-23-2021 @ 06:41 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    EM78GREENSAVANNAH's best friend
    Ethnicity
    Bessarabian Jew
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    g2a1
    mtDNA
    h1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,158
    Given: 4,510

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Revival View Post
    Explains why your testosterone is too low and why you're so clueless with women in general. Now fuck off male nurse, K?
    Said the stupid anonymous troll who's too afraid to post his picture.

If you said that to my face "fuck off" I gaurentee you would be in a coma.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-05-2018 @ 12:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    Ülülü
    Ancestry
    Illyrian
    Country
    Macedonia
    Region
    Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality
    Politics
    Necessarily Ominous
    Hero
    Angra Mahin'yu
    Religion
    Rosacrucian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,987
    Given: 5,521

1 Not allowed!

Said the stupid anonymous troll who's too afraid to post his picture.

If you said that to my face "fuck off" I gaurentee you would be in a coma.
    We do not need desperate showing offs from defeat. You are already going off topic enough.

Go nurse the shit out of some shit-stained old man diapers like the nurse you are. You're going to relax, get distracted from this place and let people finally post relevant stuff. At least, more relevant than "be her friend and fight for her luv". Seriously bub, you are not scaring anyone so I'll repeat.

FUCK OFF to you in this thread, this whole internet, real life, and even the after-life.

Last Online
    06-11-2023 @ 11:05 PM
    Ethnicity
    Other
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,762
    Given: 3,655

4 Not allowed!

Sometimes, but generally the whole intimate connection and bond is going to express itself in a way such that one or both of them has different feelings than just friendship.

Apparently, according to some studies, women have no problems being just friends. Men are usually going to want more, and given the chance would take more... unless the girl is ugly.

http://bleske-rechek.com/April%20Web...r%20Burden.pdf

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-just-friends/

The results suggest large gender differences in how men and women experience opposite-sex friendships. Men were much more attracted to their female friends than vice versa. Men were also more likely than women to think that their opposite-sex friends were attracted to them—a clearly misguided belief. In fact, men’s estimates of how attractive they were to their female friends had virtually nothing to do with how these women actually felt, and almost everything to do with how the men themselves felt—basically, males assumed that any romantic attraction they experienced was mutual, and were blind to the actual level of romantic interest felt by their female friends. Women, too, were blind to the mindset of their opposite-sex friends; because females generally were not attracted to their male friends, they assumed that this lack of attraction was mutual. As a result, men consistently overestimated the level of attraction felt by their female friends and women consistently underestimated the level of attraction felt by their male friends.

Men were also more willing to act on this mistakenly perceived mutual attraction. Both men and women were equally attracted to romantically involved opposite-sex friends and those who were single; “hot” friends were hot and “not” friends were not, regardless of their relationship status. However, men and women differed in the extent to which they saw attached friends as potential romantic partners. Although men were equally as likely to desire “romantic dates” with “taken” friends as with single ones, women were sensitive to their male friends’ relationship status and uninterested in pursuing those who were already involved with someone else.

These results suggest that men, relative to women, have a particularly hard time being “just friends.” What makes these results particularly interesting is that they were found within particular friendships (remember, each participant was only asked about the specific, platonic, friend with whom they entered the lab). This is not just a bit of confirmation for stereotypes about sex-hungry males and naïve females; it is direct proof that two people can experience the exact same relationship in radically different ways. Men seem to see myriad opportunities for romance in their supposedly platonic opposite-sex friendships. The women in these friendships, however, seem to have a completely different orientation—one that is actually platonic.
    T
    o the outside observer, it seems clear that these vastly different views about the potential for romance in opposite-sex friendships could cause serious complications—and people within opposite-sex relationships agree. In a follow-up study, 249 adults (many of whom were married) were asked to list the positive and negative aspects of being friends with a specific member of the opposite sex. Variables related to romantic attraction (e.g., “our relationship could lead to romantic feelings”) were five times more likely to be listed as negative aspects of the friendship than as positive ones. However, the differences between men and women appeared here as well. Males were significantly more likely than females to list romantic attraction as a benefit of opposite-sex friendships, and this discrepancy increased as men aged—males on the younger end of the spectrum were four times more likely than females to report romantic attraction as a benefit of opposite-sex friendships, whereas those on the older end of the spectrum were ten times more likely to do the same.

Taken together, these studies suggest that men and women have vastly different views of what it means to be “just friends”—and that these differing views have the potential to lead to trouble. Although women seem to be genuine in their belief that opposite-sex friendships are platonic, men seem unable to turn off their desire for something more. And even though both genders agree overall that attraction between platonic friends is more negative than positive, males are less likely than females to hold this view.

So, can men and women be “just friends?” If we all thought like women, almost certainly. But if we all thought like men, we’d probably be facing a serious overpopulation crisis.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information