-+
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,246
    Given: 1,444

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Daco Celtic View Post
    Forget major. Show me your standardized test scores (like SAT or ACT). That is a better measure of IQ.
    The whole concept of IQ is pseudo-science :

The mode of production in material life determines the general character of the social, political, and spiritual processes of life. It is not the consciousness of men that determines their existence, but, on the contrary, their social existence determines their consciousness. --Karl Marx

IQ is social and political :

... The technique of the [IQ or 'intelligence' -jb007] test was the most important contribution of the psychological sciences to the human technologies of the first half of the twentieth century. The test routinizes the complex ensemble of social judgement on individual variability into an automatic device that makes difference visible and notable.

Thus, the intelligence test can be seen as a moral technology used specifically for the social judgement of school children by psychologists under the guise of “science” (see also Roberts 2015: 12–13). The inventor of the test, Alfred Binet, had developed it to identify the “feeble-minded” to be sent to special schools. Significant for contextualising later mass testings and screenings of school children for intelligence, abnormalities, and mental disorders, Rose (1999: 142, emphasis added) notes, “Binet’s test used criteria that were directly educational and behavioural. They were direct assessments of the degree of adaptation of individual children to the expectation that others had of them.” The key to the success of Binet’s test was not the ability to accurately measure “intelligence”—which he felt was impossible to predict through such time-restricted tests—but its administrative usefulness in identifying problematic individuals ....

https://b-ok.cc/book/5895002/0c6635

Also, ACT and SAT scores ? Don't make me laugh higher scores can be generally attributed to class exclusions baked into the Capitalist system (some school districts having better material conditions and teachers) Under the pseudo-scientific neoliberal delusional capitalist system individual success or failure are interpreted in terms of entrepreneurial virtues or personal failings (such as not investing significantly enough in one’s own human capital through education) rather than being attributed to any systemic property (such as the class exclusions usually attributed to capitalism).

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Vlach Irish
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    E-V13 Dacian Mocani
    mtDNA
    V3 Viking Queen
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17,902
    Given: 18,310

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBond007 View Post
    The whole concept of IQ is pseudo-science :

The mode of production in material life determines the general character of the social, political, and spiritual processes of life. It is not the consciousness of men that determines their existence, but, on the contrary, their social existence determines their consciousness. --Karl Marx

IQ is social and political :

... The technique of the [IQ or 'intelligence' -jb007] test was the most important contribution of the psychological sciences to the human technologies of the first half of the twentieth century. The test routinizes the complex ensemble of social judgement on individual variability into an automatic device that makes difference visible and notable.

Thus, the intelligence test can be seen as a moral technology used specifically for the social judgement of school children by psychologists under the guise of “science” (see also Roberts 2015: 12–13). The inventor of the test, Alfred Binet, had developed it to identify the “feeble-minded” to be sent to special schools. Significant for contextualising later mass testings and screenings of school children for intelligence, abnormalities, and mental disorders, Rose (1999: 142, emphasis added) notes, “Binet’s test used criteria that were directly educational and behavioural. They were direct assessments of the degree of adaptation of individual children to the expectation that others had of them.” The key to the success of Binet’s test was not the ability to accurately measure “intelligence”—which he felt was impossible to predict through such time-restricted tests—but its administrative usefulness in identifying problematic individuals ....

https://b-ok.cc/book/5895002/0c6635

Also, ACT and SAT scores ? Don't make me laugh higher scores can be generally attributed to class exclusions baked into the Capitalist system (some school districts having better material conditions and teachers) Under the pseudo-scientific neoliberal delusional capitalist system individual success or failure are interpreted in terms of entrepreneurial virtues or personal failings (such as not investing significantly enough in one’s own human capital through education) rather than being attributed to any systemic property (such as the class exclusions usually attributed to capitalism).
    Don't hate me for my high SAT math score. I told Carnegie Mellon to hold my dick even though they begged. Btw, my high school was nothing special so I don't fit into your capitalist model. Obviously a verbal or math score is a window into intelligence but not the whole picture.
    Last edited by Daco Celtic; 12-04-2021 at 05:01 AM.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-29-2023 @ 05:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    --
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Ancestry
    --
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Quebec City
    Y-DNA
    --
    mtDNA
    --
    Taxonomy
    --
    Politics
    --
    Religion
    -+
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Don't hate me for my high SAT math score. I told Carnegie Mellon to hold my dick even though they begged. Btw, my high school was nothing special so I don't fit into your capitalist model. Obviously a verbal or math score is a window into intelligence but not the whole picture.
    Math is nothing but a bundle of tautologies that is usually used to mirror capitalist states of affairs. In this instance IQ mirrors social judgements entities have of other entities in a tyrannical despotic system. Being good at math says nothing about intelligence since math is tautological. Your school was nothing special ? Please white boy try going to school in a ghetto. Its not obvious that verbal or math score are a window into intelligence since you did not refute anything I said but proceeded to try to use yourself anectdotally which is not scientific since exceptions can't prove the rule which shows your education is deficient.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Vlach Irish
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    E-V13 Dacian Mocani
    mtDNA
    V3 Viking Queen
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17,902
    Given: 18,310

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBond007 View Post
    Math is nothing but a bundle of tautologies that is usually used to mirror capitalist states of affairs. In this instance IQ mirrors social judgements entities have of other entities in a tyrannical despotic system. Being good at math says nothing about intelligence since math is tautological. Your school was nothing special ? Please white boy try going to school in a ghetto. Its not obvious that verbal or math score are a window into intelligence since you did not refute anything I said but proceeded to try to use yourself anectdotally which is not scientific since exceptions can't prove the rule which shows your education is deficient.
    It's not "anectdotally", it's anecdotally, there is not two Ts. So a high or low SAT scores tells you nothing? Please dawg. It's a great predictor of ability. You know what it means so no need to dance around the obvious.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 11:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    ᖭི༏ᖫྀ
    Ancestry
    Albanian
    Country
    Great Britain
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,666
    Given: 10,200

0 Not allowed!

What makes pharmacy and pharmacology low verbal if its a service led profession where you have to communicate with the general public? I would have expected mathematics and chemistry/other sciences as low on verbal.

Trapped In Clown World Anglo-Celtic's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:44 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Briton, Gaelic, Saxon, Varied
    Ancestry
    English, Irish, Scottish, Varied
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Gadsden
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Mediterranid
    Politics
    Constitutionalist
    Hero
    Smedley Butler
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,590
    Given: 6,540

0 Not allowed!

It's not "anectdotally", it's anecdotally, there is not two Ts. So a high or low SAT scores tells you nothing? Please dawg. It's a great predictor of ability. You know what it means so no need to dance around the obvious.
    That's one. "Judgment" has no "e" between "g" and "m" too.

"The ACT and SAT tests are capitalistic conundrums specific to one's environmental surroundings vis a vis the Keynesian dynamics of causation in a Socratic subsystem of considered ideologies shaped by one's surroundings, as one is cognizant of the sociology of the expression of the Freudian id related to the industrialist obsessions of subhumans in the United States." That's how he sounds, but good on you for your replies.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-02-2024 @ 09:34 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Tropically adapted gallaeci
    Ethnicity
    Sleepless
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Sardinia
    Politics
    Fascism gets ignorant people fascinated
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,237
    Given: 1,174

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ylla View Post
    What makes pharmacy and pharmacology low verbal if its a service led profession where you have to communicate with the general public? I would have expected mathematics and chemistry/other sciences as low on verbal.
    Agree, pharma people have high IQ in this aspect, after all they are the only ones who understand doctor's writing.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-29-2023 @ 05:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    --
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Ancestry
    --
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Quebec City
    Y-DNA
    --
    mtDNA
    --
    Taxonomy
    --
    Politics
    --
    Religion
    -+
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

It's not "anectdotally", it's anecdotally, there is not two Ts
    Are you anally pedantic much ?

Quote Originally Posted by Daco Celtic
    So a high or low SAT scores tells you nothing? Please dawg. It's a great predictor of ability. You know what it means so no need to dance around the obvious.
    SAT/ACT/IQ scores mean nothing for measuring intelligence level :

Propositions of everyday language show what they say; while tautologies and contradictions show that they say nothing and all of math is a tautology so IQ and SAT scores are tautologies that can say nothing about intelligence levels. School teaches children to passively obey authority and it reproduces and legitimates class inequality and IQ plays a role in this. For instance, if a child does not perform well on the 'moral technology' (morality is not intelligence) of IQ they can be put in special education classes thus mirroring capitalism thus depriving them of a high quality teaching that could translate into higher SAT scores. However, to speak clearly school is nothing but capitalist indoctrination that reifies and recreates the wider class structure in society for the next generation of workers. All men are potentially intellectuals in the sense of having an intellect and using it, but not all are intellectuals by social function and IQ tests are a moral technology the capitalist class uses to exclude some people from functioning as intellectuals. Intellectuals in a Capitalist society create and promote ideologies that reinforce the legitimacy of the system and the Capitalist ruling classes. One can point to some Marxists in higher academia which seem to disprove this but in fact they are marginalized in comparison to official intellectuals of the state.

Veteran Member XenophobicPrussian's Avatar
    Last Online
    04-09-2022 @ 08:30 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic/Baltic
    Ethnicity
    50% German, 50% Polish
    Ancestry
    Mostly north-east German, Polish, some Anglo-Canadian/English and Lithuanian.
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    R1b, I1 or bust
    mtDNA
    H1, H3, U5 or bust
    Taxonomy
    Oberkasselid(depigmented female Australoid)
    Politics
    NW-Euro Theodor Herzlism
    Hero
    I sexually identify as Jared Taylor
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,075
    Given: 1,717

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ylla View Post
    The Guanche skulls as a whole are unlike those of modern European Mediterraneans, and resemble northern European series most closely, especially those in which a brachycephalic element is present, as in Burgundian and Alemanni series.
    divided them into clearly differentiated types, which include a Mediterranean, a Nordic, a "Guanche," and an Alpine. The "Guanche" accounts for 50 per cent of the whole on the four islands of Teneriffe, Gomera, Gran Canaria, and Hierro; the Nordic for 31 per cent, the Mediterranean for 13 per cent, and the Alpine
    oldschool anthropology

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 11:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    ᖭི༏ᖫྀ
    Ancestry
    Albanian
    Country
    Great Britain
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,666
    Given: 10,200

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by XenophobicPrussian View Post
    I was expecting vocational health care degrees to have better verbal reasoning skills than the core sciences, that is all. It's actually an essential skill needed to practice those professions.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information