Thread: Does anyone know if there have been genetic testing on Dubrovnik as compared to rest of Croatia?

Banned
    Last Online
    03-01-2021 @ 08:40 PM
    Ethnicity
    Heathen
    Ancestry
    Pannonia-Slav
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Alpinid-Dinarid
    Politics
    Techno-Primitivist
    Hero
    Louis & Marie Cachet, Stefan Cvetković (@ardagast_svarozic), Slavoj Žižek
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 381
    Given: 655

0 Not allowed!

Default Does anyone know if there have been genetic testing on Dubrovnik as compared to rest of Croatia?

As you know the city was under Greeks, Romans, Ostrogoths, Byzantines, Italians, Ottomans, French, British, Austrians, Hungarians, and it was also its own merchant republic for a time where it attracted Jews and mediterranean peoples from Spain, Portugal, etc; I don't think there's a city with more of a wide range of influence. Surely that impacted its genetics?

Last Online
    10-10-2017 @ 07:13 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    нʌнϸ
    Ethnicity
    босɴнɖк
    Country
    Bosnia
    Region
    Bosnia
    Politics
    Bošnjaštvo
    Religion
    нсʌɖʍ
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 704
    Given: 854

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Voight View Post
    As you know the city was under Greeks, Romans, Ostrogoths, Byzantines, Italians, Ottomans, French, British, Austrians, Hungarians, and it was also its own merchant republic for a time where it attracted Jews and mediterranean peoples from Spain, Portugal, etc; I don't think there's a city with more of a wide range of influence. Surely that impacted its genetics?
    I know that islands near Dubrovnik have some very odd and rare haplogroups, but I have never seen a test done in the land part of the former Ragusian Republic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Szegedist View Post
    There is no such thing as a moderate Serb. Every Serb is a supporter of the Chetnik ideology to some degree. Some Serbs like Davai are openly chetniks, while others like rv12aval are cryptochetniks who hide behind Bratsvo I Jedinstvo and other such concepts. Yugoslav partisans believer in the chetnik ideology, but could not display it openly because otherwise they couldn't recruit naive Croats and Bosniaks, which were necessary for victory. We shouldn't make a difference between a Serb and a chetnik, the two are exactly the same thing.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,625

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Voight View Post
    People from the region have Herzegovian genetics,mostly I2 haplotypes and cluster with other Croats.
    Old City families can have some foreign descent, especially if noble, but for genetic reasearches scientists always chose people with all 4 Croats grandparents.

Most of the people in Dubrovnik are from nearby region not the City itself so their genetics is not peculiar in any way.

Thread Information