European Union
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,409
    Given: 1,009

4 Not allowed!

Default Northern influence in Greeks.

So lately this Forum has a dilemma: is the Northerh influence in Greeks Indo-European or Slavic?

1) Why not from Celts? Celtic invading tribes had even reached Peloponnese at one point.

2) Why don't they claim that is Germanic? For example, northern Greece was overrun by Germanic tribes, at one point they even reached Athens.

3) Anyone who has studied Byzantine history knows that the Byzantines slaughtered and expelled the Slavs who invaded Greece and settled them in Asia Minor other massacres followed, since the Slavs were rebellious and the Byzantines didn't like that.

But in my opinion, northern influence in Greece is a result of Indo-Europeans. I don't think that Celts and Germanics left many genetic traces in Greece, and as I said previously, the Byzantines eventually expelled the invading Slavs.

Discuss.
    Last edited by Lavrentis; 08-06-2017 at 02:58 PM.

Last Online
    11-03-2017 @ 01:23 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Region
    Athens
    Hero
    Laberia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 139
    Given: 119

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lavrentis View Post
    So lately this Forum has a dilemma: is the Northerh influence on Greeks Indo-European or Slavic?

1) Why not from Celts? Celtic tribes had even reached Peloponnese at one point.

2) Why they don't claim that is Germanic? For example, northern Greece was overrun by Germanic tribes at one point they even reached Athens.

3) Anyone who has studied Byzantine history knows that the Byzantiens slaughtered and expelled the Slavs who invaded Greece and settled them in Asia Minor other massacres followed, since the Slavs were rebellious and the Byzantines didn't like that.

But in my opinion, northern influence in Greece is a result of Indo-Europeans. I don't think that Celts and Germans left many genetic traces in Greece, and as I said previously, the Byzantines eventually expelled the invading Slavs.
    There was no German or Celtic when they migrated to Crete, MORON. and yes they left genes. Thats why now you are gnetically mix of Anatolian and central european. Its proven with science. Your opinion doesnt matter
    No, I just follow common sense. Blood doesn't matter when it comes to self identification.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-06-2022 @ 08:19 AM
    Ethnicity
    Orange
    Country
    European Union
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Köstebek View Post
    There was no German or Celtic when they migrated to Crete, MORON. and yes they left genes. Thats why now you are gnetically mix of Anatolian and central european. Its proven with science. Your opinion doesnt matter
    Who said that Celts and Germans migrated to Crete? Or you mean IE? You don't make sense.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-18-2018 @ 10:07 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European
    Ethnicity
    Albanian American
    Ancestry
    Albanian from Okshtuni Vogel, Diber, Albania
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R1a-L1029* (terminal founder clade not yet defined)
    mtDNA
    H11a2*-146+
    Taxonomy
    Dinaricized Paleo-Atlantid
    Politics
    Fuck It
    Hero
    Science
    Religion
    Non Denominational Muslim
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,690
    Given: 1,855

0 Not allowed!

So lately this Forum has a dilemma: is the Northerh influence on Greeks Indo-European or Slavic?

1) Why not from Celts? Celtic invading tribes had even reached Peloponnese at one point.

2) Why don't they claim that is Germanic? For example, northern Greece was overrun by Germanic tribes, at one point they even reached Athens.

3) Anyone who has studied Byzantine history knows that the Byzantines slaughtered and expelled the Slavs who invaded Greece and settled them in Asia Minor other massacres followed, since the Slavs were rebellious and the Byzantines didn't like that.

But in my opinion, northern influence in Greece is a result of Indo-Europeans. I don't think that Celts and Germanics left many genetic traces in Greece, and as I said previously, the Byzantines eventually expelled the invading Slavs.

Discuss.
    They only expelled the warring tribes. Theres clear mention of earlier slavic incursions that integrated/assimilated into Byzantine ethnogenesis without conflict. Everyone has a mix of DNA. Accept it.

Last Online
    11-03-2017 @ 01:23 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Region
    Athens
    Hero
    Laberia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 139
    Given: 119

0 Not allowed!

Who said that Celts and Germans migrated to Crete? Or you mean IE? You don't make sense.
    Have you ever bother read the last results of Mycenaean dna? Even that is mix with central Euro. And today Greeks 30% more slav-alike mixture than the old results (comparison). Which means more ancient Greeks were closer to Anatolian.

You trying to make Greeks something unrealted from nowhere or something? Do you think they came from Jüpiter?
    No, I just follow common sense. Blood doesn't matter when it comes to self identification.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Country
    United States
    Region
    District of Columbia
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Mediterranean
    Politics
    Classic liberal
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40,067
    Given: 10,740

4 Not allowed!

This is my opinion: I think that it arrived in two primary waves: Dorians, and Slavs. The majority of NE European DNA in the southern parts of Greece is likely to be Dorian, though some Slavic would exist... in northern Greece most of it is likely Slavic. "Atlantic" type DNA clearly existed in Mycenaeans similar to what exists in Sardinia, Iberia, and western Europe overall.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-06-2022 @ 08:19 AM
    Ethnicity
    Orange
    Country
    European Union
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dibran View Post
    They only expelled the warring tribes. Theres clear mention of earlier slavic incursions that integrated/assimilated into Byzantine ethnogenesis without conflict. Everyone has a mix of DNA. Accept it.
    It's the Albanians here who are obsessed with genetic continuity, not me. I don't care about blood. I don't understand why internet Albanians are so obsessed with their genes. It's not like Albanians are genetically blessed Ubermensch, most of you look extremely Balkanic.

Those who were assimilated to the Byzantine ethnogenesis were those in Bulgaria, that's why after Bulgarians formed a kingdom they challenged the Byzantines. You realize that Byzantine doesn't mean Greek? And you realize that incursions in Byzantines territory mean not only in Greece, but in all Byzantine territories, like Serbia and Bulgaria?

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Country
    United States
    Region
    District of Columbia
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Mediterranean
    Politics
    Classic liberal
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40,067
    Given: 10,740

2 Not allowed!

Some of the northern DNA is clearly Dorian, because the more Greek parts of Sicily have a slightly elevated Steppe admixture.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European
    Ethnicity
    Albanian American
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    mtDNA
    H11a2*-146+
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Fuck It
    Hero
    Science
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Is there a method to(or perhaps undiscovered) that can distinguish between older Steppe admixture and more recent? If such a method exists, or is discovered to differentiate between ancient Steppe and modern steppe, then it can be laid to rest. I honestly think its anything between ancient and modern steppe introduction Indo and Slavic.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European
    Ethnicity
    Albanian American
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    mtDNA
    H11a2*-146+
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Fuck It
    Hero
    Science
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

It's the Albanians here who are obsessed with genetic continuity, not me. I don't care about blood. I don't understand why internet Albanians are so obsessed with their genes. It's not like Albanians are genetically blessed Ubermensch, most of you look extremely Balkanic.

Those who were assimilated to the Byzantine ethnogenesis were those in Bulgaria, that's why after Bulgarians formed a kingdom they challenged the Byzantines. You realize that Byzantine doesn't mean Greek? And you realize that incursions in Byzantines territory mean not only in Greece, but in all Byzantine territories, like Serbia and Bulgaria?
    Clearly the obsession is your own since you feel the need to make a point with your thread. You also seriously need to pull our Albanian cocks out of your mouth and just stop bitching. The only Albanians on this post who are have an identity complex are the trolling J2 bros. Even they havent gone far as some of your own kin. I mean most these Albanians on here are fucking preteens and 20 year olds. Yet you have some of your compatriots pushing into their 50s calling themselves pure and everyone else gyspies. If anyone is obsessed with their genetics and need to feel relevant its clearly you.

I am extremely proud of looking Balkan. I am also proud of what genetic input I have that makes me me, be it Albanian, Greek, Italian, Asian w.e the fuck its mixed with. Its because I am not a xenophobic twat like you. Yes, I know exactly that Byzantines were not Greek, and a genetic mixture of different groups.

If you go far back enough, everyones related to some degree. I'm interested in colonizing space with the rest of the human race. I can give two shits what rock or old rotting ruins you think is your birth right. Or any Balkan person thinks for that matter.

If the Balkans were a united federation for mutual benefit, they would thrive and dominate Europe. You are too obsessed with your xenophobia though.

Page 1 of 41 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information