Martian
    Country
    Iceland
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,501
    Given: 1,415

4 Not allowed!

Default The Greek FTDNA project wants to complete my Y-full test

Shortly after the new genetic study on the Minoans and Mycenaeans came out I was contacted by one of the administrators of the Greek genetic project on FTDNA. Apparently, my particular branch of j2-M319 shares no similarities with the other branches and could suggest a link with the Minoan samples. He really wants a y-full to be performed on my results, and so far one donor is willing to contribute $100 to the test. Im thinking of doing it but want to see if any other donors are willing to fund it.

Part of his email below...

"You are an excellent candidate for a very very early branch of J-M319*, and possibly even a "match" for the Minoans (although the chip used only looked for known SNPs, so only coincidentally may have captured one or two novel SNPs, or not).

We would like to do a Big Y for your sequence, since the Big Y is on sale for $395 until the end of the month.

if you are in a new basal branch of J-M319, or in an existing branch but with a tMRCA of over 8600 BP, then it's a good sign that at least some branches of J-M319 were present in the Peloponnese during the Mesolithic.

Your result may be important for J2a-L26 in general, because the earlier major branch of J2a-L558 also has J-M67, which is primarily found in Southern Iran. (25% of Isfahan in one study, for example.) Since the tMRCA of J-L558 according to YFull is exactly at 14,700 BP, the exact time of the Bolling Interstadial (aka "The End of the Ice Age"), it may be that some hunter-gatherers "wandered in" along the Mediterranean coast from much further east, like others in R1b1 apparently did at the same time. The Peloponnese Mycenaean result in J2a-L26* (apparently negative for all known subgroups) may be a sign of this as well. This Minoan and Mycenaean ancient DNA study was the very first one to find any J2a-L26, aside from the highly-derived Late Bronze Age BR2 J2a-CTS900 in Hungary from c. 1100 BCE.

As we can now see, the "Mycenaean" of Apatheia, which lies ca. 3 kms west of the town of Galatas, south of the road leading from Galatas to Troezen, in the northeastern Peloponnese, only 36 km east of Franchthi Cave, was J2a-L26* so even the "prototypical Greek" Mycenaeans surely had an important "Pelasgian" component of their population, just like Homer and the legends said they did.

Your result may even help explain the spread of J-M319 to other areas of Greek and specifically Spartan colonization around the Mediterranean. We also don't know anything about possible pre-Greek Minoan Bronze Age colonization of the Mediterranean, .although there are some hints about this taking place in areas that had significant copper resources, like Andalusia.

The idea of "purely Indo-European" in regard to Greece is not quite what it seems. Greek of course contains a substantial percentage of its vocabulary from a Pre-Indo-European substrate language.

Of course, if we're really lucky, at some point we might discover that you share a few SNPs with these Minoans - or rather, with any others sequenced through whole genome sequencing in the future.

So about getting a Big Y, we already have someone who is willing to contribute $100 toward the cost. We can also try to get others to contribute as well. (Again, we will do this anonymously, and even just say "a highly divergent J-M319 without reference to your specific ancestral location if that's what you want. in that case, we would just say "Greek".

What are your opinions on this? Should I order the y-full test now or wait for new possible donors?

Bloodline of 5/42 Evzone Regiment
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Byzantine Rumelia
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    Politics
    Christian Theocratic
    Hero
    Christian Emperors
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,926
    Given: 4,821

2 Not allowed!

If they took the effort to email you this in depth then they should pay for it. They have access to your DNA and can do the test regardless with or without your consent. There are many people out there that are absolute fruitloops over this stuff.
    “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” Eph. 6:12

Definition of untrustworthy and loose character are those that don't believe in God.

King of Swords Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 07:00 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    my own tribe
    Ethnicity
    entheos
    Country
    Serbia
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H11a1a
    Politics
    NWO Masonic Luciferianism
    Religion
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,386
    Given: 31,176

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcelow View Post
    What are your opinions on this? Should I order the y-full test now or wait for new possible donors?
    Sure. I did the Big Y and no regrets. Isn't it on sale now too?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:54 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Southern Greek
    Ancestry
    Southern Greece
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    Modern human with neanderthal admixture
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,890
    Given: 26,299

1 Not allowed!

If I were you I would order it now. Its already on sale plus he's offering -100$ discount.very good opportunoty.

Last Online
    01-30-2019 @ 04:41 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Thraco-Illyrian
    Ethnicity
    Gheg Albanian
    Ancestry
    Dinaric alps/northern Albania
    Country
    England
    Region
    City of London
    Y-DNA
    J1-ZS241, Maternal Ydna: E-V13>CTS5856*
    mtDNA
    T1a1l
    Taxonomy
    Dinaro-Pontid + CM
    Hero
    Gjergj Kastrioti-Skanderbeg, Alexander the Great, Isa Boletini
    Religion
    Albanianism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,495
    Given: 3,850

3 Not allowed!

Go for it bro, would be super cool if you have the exact same clade as the Minoans plus it can help the Ftdna project learn about your haplogroup as like the admin suggested it can boost up the TMRCA date which could uncover a lot of things
    23andme: 100% Balkan https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...3andme-results

MyOrigins 2.0: 100% Southeast Europe

Geneplaza K25: 100% Greek-Albanian

Eurogenes K36 oracle: 50.64% Albania_North+ 49.36% Kosovo. Population distance: 1) 1.27 Northern Albania&Kosovo

Ydna: J1-ZS241

Maternal Ydna: E-V13>CTS5856*

The Albanians, these tigers of mountain wars ... have as their religion rebellion. Even their worst warrior is one of the strongest and bravest on the battle-field, just as if he was a knight on the legendary horse. But he has no horse, nor proper weapons for battle. Instead of the horse, he has a lance which strikes as lightning, he has spears who's points are full of posion as the sting of hornets, he has also a wooden bow with some arrows. Furthermore, he is stronger than iron ...

- Ibn Kemal, Historian of the Turkish court during Skanderbeg's war against the Turks.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    03-05-2024 @ 02:57 PM
    Ethnicity
    Martian
    Country
    Iceland
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dick View Post
    Sure. I did the Big Y and no regrets. Isn't it on sale now too?
    Like mongrel mentioned, it is on sale, plus the $100 dollar discount that someone is willing to donate. I think I might wait till the end of the month to see if any other people will contribute and then ill go for it.

King of Swords Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 07:00 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    my own tribe
    Ethnicity
    entheos
    Country
    Serbia
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H11a1a
    Politics
    NWO Masonic Luciferianism
    Religion
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,386
    Given: 31,176

1 Not allowed!

Like mongrel mentioned, it is on sale, plus the $100 dollar discount that someone is willing to donate. I think I might wait till the end of the month to see if any other people will contribute and then ill go for it.
    Then Wait right before the sale ends. Hopefully more people will donate.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-22-2019 @ 07:44 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Doggatronix Rex
    Ethnicity
    alien
    Ancestry
    DadsMTDNA-rare bantu. X chromosome- Llama peoples.iberian & gallician fags. Berbers & canarians
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Amazigh
    Y-DNA
    Neolithic eastern mediterranean
    mtDNA
    Noble natives
    Hero
    RossFractal(wise bearded one) https://s2.postimg.org/6uxdm1czd/bandicam_2017-08-05_01-21-16-584.jpg
    Religion
    Infidel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,848
    Given: 3,647

1 Not allowed!

Go try it. But you may not even be minoan. It could end up being some completely seraperate branch

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    03-05-2024 @ 02:57 PM
    Ethnicity
    Martian
    Country
    Iceland
    Thumbs Up

3 Not allowed!

Update: multiple donors stepped up and my entire bigY is being paid for.

Last Online
    01-30-2019 @ 04:41 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Thraco-Illyrian
    Ethnicity
    Gheg Albanian
    Ancestry
    Dinaric alps/northern Albania
    Country
    England
    Region
    City of London
    Y-DNA
    J1-ZS241, Maternal Ydna: E-V13>CTS5856*
    mtDNA
    T1a1l
    Taxonomy
    Dinaro-Pontid + CM
    Hero
    Gjergj Kastrioti-Skanderbeg, Alexander the Great, Isa Boletini
    Religion
    Albanianism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,495
    Given: 3,850

1 Not allowed!

Update: multiple donors stepped up and my entire bigY is being paid for.
    Great news bro, hopefully you get some cool results and perhaps you get the same clade as that Minoan
    23andme: 100% Balkan https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...3andme-results

MyOrigins 2.0: 100% Southeast Europe

Geneplaza K25: 100% Greek-Albanian

Eurogenes K36 oracle: 50.64% Albania_North+ 49.36% Kosovo. Population distance: 1) 1.27 Northern Albania&Kosovo

Ydna: J1-ZS241

Maternal Ydna: E-V13>CTS5856*

The Albanians, these tigers of mountain wars ... have as their religion rebellion. Even their worst warrior is one of the strongest and bravest on the battle-field, just as if he was a knight on the legendary horse. But he has no horse, nor proper weapons for battle. Instead of the horse, he has a lance which strikes as lightning, he has spears who's points are full of posion as the sting of hornets, he has also a wooden bow with some arrows. Furthermore, he is stronger than iron ...

- Ibn Kemal, Historian of the Turkish court during Skanderbeg's war against the Turks.

Thread Information