Romania
    Politics
    Independent
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,176
    Given: 3,222

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Westbrook View Post
    Movies and audience expectations have changed so much since then for the worse. Subtle horror movies with ambiguous endings are a thing of the past because now dumb dumbs just want mindless jump scares and simple ooga booga plots that don't require thinking.
    This is why I stick to old horror films.

Last Online
    03-25-2024 @ 03:11 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    Romania
    Politics
    Independent
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,176
    Given: 3,222

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    Lol the naked person part made me laugh.
    I liked the movie as a whole. It was interesting and I liked how it tied together in the end.
    I just remember articles saying people would leave the movie because it was too intense for them and I was disappointed by the scare factor.
    I think people nowadays get scared too easily.

That movie generated a lot of buzz. Haven't watched it yet though, will give it a try soon.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Cajun
    Ancestry
    Anglo Cajun
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,068
    Given: 15,883

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeduard View Post
    I think people nowadays get scared too easily.

That movie received a lot of buzz. Haven't watched it yet though, will give it a try soon.
    Possibly.
    Or articles just blatantly lie at this point. No one I knew personally found that movie to be frightening lol

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    ✨👽✨
    Ancestry
    Preußisches Sachsen, Hessen, Bayern, Gloucestershire, Somerset, Yorkshire, Kent, Catalonia, Menorca
    Country
    Malta
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,844
    Given: 786

4 Not allowed!

Now that I think about it I guess movies were a pretty big part of growing up for me, especially watching horror movies with friends.

I remember watching Jeepers Creepers with one of my first girlfriends in this big old creepy house on a stormy night... Made it seem way scarier than it really was.

I remember going to the theaters with a big group of friends every time a new Scream, Saw, or Hostel movie was released.

I remember watching movies like Halloween, Sleepy Hollow, and Friday the 13th every year on Halloween.

I remember watching The Sixth Sense and secretly being scared to look at certain parts.

Looking back now, the movies or characters that scared me most were probably Michael Myers and Blair Witch Project. These scenes from Halloween stuck with me for a long time and I always thought about it when I was alone in a house as a kid --

Quote Originally Posted by Teutone View Post
    I honestly regret not watching more horror movies as kid, they had a way better and greater impact. If its not purely splatter, you watch horror movies to get scared, but that doesnt happen at all as a adult. The only way to catch adults is by psychopatic horror. Paranormal Activity did a good job by using surveillance cameras and generally made the approach of the protagnosists somewhat realistic.

In old movies they hear someone getting butchered in the basement, instead of running away or call the cops their first reaction is to investigate it unarmed haha

Eddie Murphy summed it up

[video=youtube_share;azCCWPcjkJo]https://youtu.be/azCCWPcjkJo[video]

Last Online
    02-12-2020 @ 09:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    Cypriot
    Country
    North-Korea
    Taxonomy
    Me: DinaroMed, Pompey: AtlantoMed
    Politics
    Dravidian Nationalist
    Hero
    Mr. G
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,828
    Given: 13,088

0 Not allowed!

Now that I think about it I guess movies were a pretty big part of growing up for me, especially watching horror movies with friends.

I remember watching Jeepers Creepers with one of my first girlfriends in this big old creepy house on a stormy night... Made it seem way scarier than it really was.

I remember going to the theaters with a big group of friends every time a new Scream, Saw, or Hostel movie was released.

I remember watching movies like Halloween, Sleepy Hollow, and Friday the 13th every year on Halloween.

I remember watching The Sixth Sense and secretly being scared to look at certain parts.

Looking back now, the movies or characters that scared me most were probably Michael Myers and Blair Witch Project. These scenes from Halloween stuck with me for a long time and I always thought about it when I was alone in a house as a kid --

Nice post, mate.

I would thumbitup if I could.
    If you see a post in red font made by my username, that means that it is Pompey's post, not mine.

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Dutch, German, French Huguenot, British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,917
    Given: 44,995

0 Not allowed!

Yeah pretty much me too. Those were the 80s and it was fun to be creeped out by horror slasher movies. Nowadays I'm not into it anymore.
    Help support Apricity by making a donation

Last Online
    03-11-2024 @ 05:28 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic
    Ethnicity
    French
    Country
    France
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,120
    Given: 1,884

1 Not allowed!

Richard Tennant Cooper (1885-1957), A Sickly Young Woman sits covered up on a Balcony; Death is standing next to Her; representing Tuberculosis - c. 1912
    POUR UNE HISTOIRE DÉBARRASSÉE DES NOMBREUX MENSONGES
    Vincent Reynouard: Je suis ingénieur chimiste et historien révisionniste français. J’expose de la façon la plus pédagogique possible les arguments révisionnistes. Je propose, j’expose, je n’impose rien. Chacun doit (ou devrait) être libre de se faire une opinion sur le sujet. .

Last Online
    12-23-2021 @ 03:54 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    EuroMutt
    Ancestry
    Latin, Dacian , Thracian , Greek, Slavic , Scythian, Semitic and Germanic
    Country
    Bahamas
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Taxonomy
    AtlantoMediterranean + Cromagnid
    Hero
    Me, my Mother, my future Wife, and my future Kids
    Religion
    Agnostic pantheism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 679
    Given: 1,618

1 Not allowed!

Most scary thing throughout this story =

guys dressed white could try to kill you, and people around would think: "That is not my deal. They are medics. They will help him"

Quote Originally Posted by Teutone View Post
    There is a famous German public crime case that could not be solved ever.

There was a man that suddenly started to act weird for weeks, saying someone will kill him and hes being haunted, but there was no indicator of it being real.

One night he was anxious again and was writting a note, saying to his wife "I finally know whats going on", he suddenly stood up and left the house to a bar. His note was saying "Yogtze" noone till this day knows what it means.

In the bar he sat by himself and noone really approached him yet he was acting very scared and weird till he sort of paniced out of the bar.

At midnight he went to the house of a very religious women of his village, he told her demons are haunting him and spoke other nonsense, the woman told him to come back the next day.

What happens after that is unknown, his car was parked on the side of a busy highway, he was completly naked and deadly wounded, eye witnesses said they saw 4 men in a complete white dress around his car that fleed to a nearby forrest, because they were dressed white they thoght the guys are medics.

A very scary case that was scarier than any horror show as a kid.

Inactive
    Last Online
    03-07-2024 @ 11:15 PM
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Russia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,730
    Given: 5,555

3 Not allowed!

Somewhere in Iran, iirc.

Insufferable by many Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Antarctica
    Politics
    Bros over hoes
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,166
    Given: 13,531

0 Not allowed!

Hell from Hellraiser series. A dark labyrinth ruled by a giant octahedron floating in the center which emits black light.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread Information