Serb
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,951
    Given: 5,518

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Solar View Post
    Muhh you are muslim muhhh you are christian!!!! This is the kind of potential that I am talking about.
    I don't understand what potential you're talking about? There is more potential in any Monotheistic religion to absorb more people and make them unite then in any pagan religion. There are million "Gods" in pagan religion and every person can have their "favorite" and that can be reason to fight with others. Moment when people accepted one God for all, was a moment in history when human conscience got to higher level. (Ok, that was not a perfect moment since there are few Monotheistic religions today)

If we speak from politician point of view, if politics is involved with religion then no kind of religion won't help you because politicians would find a way to manipulate with people whatever they believe in.

If we speak from theological (and one person/believer) point of view, I believe that God can be only one for us all, everything else like pagan's "Gods" are just fallen Angels. That's why pagan Gods are similar to people, they are not pure in any way. But one God is a symbol of pure good, something that Pagans couldn't even imagine that it is possible, like an abstract idea - embodiment of good.

I'm fine with some Pagan heritage that is left in Orthodox Christianity but I see that rather like a kind of folklore.

And one question - how do you pray to your human-like pagan Gods? I'm curious.

Last Online
    10-25-2018 @ 11:05 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Slavic
    Ethnicity
    European
    Ancestry
    Serb with ancestors from Serbia, Bosnia and Montenegro
    Country
    European Union
    Politics
    Very 'conservative'/reactionary
    Religion
    Indo-European
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 98
    Given: 84

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Moje ime View Post
    I don't understand what potential you're talking about? There is more potential in any Monotheistic religion to absorb more people and make them unite then in any pagan religion. There are million "Gods" in pagan religion and every person can have their "favorite" and that can be reason to fight with others. Moment when people accepted one God for all, was a moment in history when human conscience got to higher level. (Ok, that was not a perfect moment since there are few Monotheistic religions today)

If we speak from politician point of view, if politics is involved with religion then no kind of religion won't help you because politicians would find a way to manipulate with people whatever they believe in.

If we speak from theological (and one person/believer) point of view, I believe that God can be only one for us all, everything else like pagan's "Gods" are just fallen Angels. That's why pagan Gods are similar to people, they are not pure in any way. But one God is a symbol of pure good, something that Pagans couldn't even imagine that it is possible, like an abstract idea - embodiment of good.

I'm fine with some Pagan heritage that is left in Orthodox Christianity but I see that rather like a kind of folklore.

And one question - how do you pray to your human-like pagan Gods? I'm curious.
    The difference is that paganism is not dogmatic. There is no historical record of Europeans fighting over Gods. Why is there a unifying aspect? Because Indo European Gods (Slavic, Germanic, Roman, Greek etc) are in many instances the same with different names. Perun has a lot in common with Odin and Thor for example and also with Zeus (and Thor obviously also with Zeus).

How to pray to Indo European Gods? Watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wzjx4yneCZs&t=1048s

Banned
    Last Online
    04-10-2021 @ 08:05 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,951
    Given: 5,518

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Solar View Post
    The difference is that paganism is not dogmatic. There is no historical record of Europeans fighting over Gods. Why is there a unifying aspect? Because Indo European Gods (Slavic, Germanic, Roman, Greek etc) are in many instances the same with different names. Perun has a lot in common with Odin and Thor for example and also with Zeus (and Thor obviously also with Zeus).

How to pray to Indo European Gods? Watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wzjx4yneCZs&t=1048s
    Do you think this has any real potential to be applied today to unite people? I don't think so. Besides that we people/countries/societies are too much different culturally today compared with 1000+ years before that there would be easy to find any other reason for fight even without religion. And it is in human nature to fight.

This thing that you support, objectively has potential just to gather few individuals that are already atypical in every society and that is all.

Real unification thing for people can be only a common sense for all.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread Information