Ethnicity
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,439
    Given: 1,346

5 Not allowed!

Default Average Kosovo Albanian height

This is a study from 2017 that measured the average Kosovo Albanian male height in central Kosovo to 1.80m .. in SouthEast Kosovo to 1.77m.. average female height was around 1.66m for central and 164 for south east.

Im originally from Central Kosovo, its quite large area consisting most of center of Kosovo obviously from Drenica to Prishtina and I indeed noticed people there are on average tall, on par with Scandinavians where I reside right now. Being 1.91, I didn't feel much specially tall when there neither would i say that Norwegians are taller, in some cases kosovar Albanians seemed on average taller and also on average taller than people from Bosnia proper, tuzla etc This makes us some of the tallest Balkanites and Europeans which actually Northern Ghegs were during Coons time measured the tallest next to Montenigrns and Herzegovinians

By Bosnia proper I mean Bosnia itself and not Herzegovina.

Going by these numbers and adding them all together, average Kosovo Albanian male height could be measured between 1.77 and 1.80. .not to mention poverty and nutrition which hinders growth as Scandinavian and Dutch increased height from nutrition...

Now i imagine northern Albania average must be quite high too like Coons time, especially tribal areas that touch Montenegro and northern most areas like Tropoja, Gruda etc.

One of my relatives is married to a girl from Tropoja area, mountains of Malsia and he said they were all on par with my height 1.91 and that they basically were isolated and lived in anarchy up in the mountains, no government lol and that they lived on cultivation and mostly ate plants and natural things, not much meat etc, basically making them unintentially vegetarians... since Coons time, north Albanians, especially mountaineers, are measured as some of the tallest people in Europe and he wrote the book
    The Mountains Of Giants

All the people used in this study regarding Kosovo height are ethnic Kosovo Albanians.

You can find the study here, it is from 2017 from researchgate

Body Height and Its Estimation Utilizing Arm Span ... - ResearchGate

Now where are the greek , serbian, bosniak, croat iberian etc and other tards talking about Albanian average 174 height bahahahahahahahahahahahahaha and they were even denying that there is a difference between Albanians in heighht when there is between every other ethnicity going by these researches... for example in bosnia the tallest are in herzegovina , tallest Serbs are montenigrins... same for Greeks, tallest Greeks seem to be in the north around Thessally, Greek Macedonia while Peleponnese etc seem on par shorter. This is also what a friend of mine who was there said.

Bahahahaha
    Last edited by Lek; 08-18-2017 at 02:39 AM.

Sup? Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Of the school of Ron Jeremy
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,861
    Given: 12,731

1 Not allowed!

I didn't realize Kosovo had such a problem with keeping its population well fed. Is there a charity I can send money so the people of Kosovo will be well fed?

I like how you use the study to prove something but then reject it for something you prefer.

"This study says Albanians over there are 1.80m and Albanians over on this end are 1.77m but I'm 1.91m and Albanians where I'm from are as tall as me. This is what I noticed when I'm checking to see if everyone in Kosovo has a proper, well balanced diet... really... despite the supposed lack of nutrition in the land Albanians are really tall in the part that I hang out and where the study doesn't cover."

Do you realize how retarded your OP is now?

Last Online
    01-27-2020 @ 09:11 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Illyro-Thracian
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Ancestry
    Rahovec
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    Taxonomy
    Albanian
    Politics
    Anti-East
    Hero
    Agim Ramadani, Cerciz Topulli
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,703
    Given: 2,615

1 Not allowed!

Damn, seems like you're all in your feelings bro.

Who gives a fuck about height, what this study shows is that Albanians in Kosovo are pretty average in height in european terms, I'd even say leaning on the shorter side. Especially when compared to nordics/dutch/bosnians/Monteniggas who are getting stupid fucking tall these days.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Frank Grimes View Post
    I didn't realize Kosovo had such a problem with keeping its population well fed. Is there a charity I can send money so the people of Kosovo will be well fed?

I like how you use the study to prove something but then reject it for something you prefer.

"This study says Albanians over there are 1.80m and Albanians over on this end are 1.77m but I'm 1.91m and Albanians where I'm from are as tall as me. This is what I noticed when I'm checking to see if everyone in Kosovo has a proper, well balanced diet... really... despite the supposed lack of nutrition in the land Albanians are really tall in the part that I hang out and where the study doesn't cover."

Do you realize how retarded your OP is now?
    I knew there were gonna be butthurts. The retarded one here is you... if you actually clicked link and read. Rofl. This is one of the few studies on Albanian height.

All these researches have different height for people from the same country depending where they are from. And there are overall average height too.

The area that has poverty and lack of nutrition is exactly central kosovo that were measured on average 1.80... it is especially in this area where the kosov war went out and some of the regions in these areas are the poorest in Kosovo actually.

Yes, they can be tall as me or taller or shorter anything between 1.70'to 1.97 or something what the study said ... what has been measured is the average.. not many areas of Kosovo have been left out actually, they only need part of the west which borders north Albania and most likely has a high average height as people there are tall too while the north is pred. Serb. Since after the war atleast.

The average northern Gheg height can be predicted as one of the tallest in Europe actually as measured during Coons time too.

But of course you gotta pretend as if you know everything even when you dont.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Religion
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,420
    Given: 12,533

1 Not allowed!

Youth wise prishtina seemed the tallest city in Europe, and best looking people in europe.

Last Online
    01-27-2020 @ 09:11 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Illyro-Thracian
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Ancestry
    Rahovec
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    Taxonomy
    Albanian
    Politics
    Anti-East
    Hero
    Agim Ramadani, Cerciz Topulli
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,703
    Given: 2,615

2 Not allowed!

People are poor all over the balkans, not buying that a poor economic situation has had any significant effect on average heights. If they were to be abnormally tall then it would've shown already. What's wrong with being average height? Forum full of complexes

You won't be a baller with 180cm! Try again in 10 years.

This study should be expanded upon for all regions of Kosovo, and a nationwide average should be concluded.

Sup? Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Of the school of Ron Jeremy
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,861
    Given: 12,731

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by BillyTheKid View Post
    I knew there were gonna be butthurts. The retarded one here is you... if you actually clicked link and read. Rofl. This is one of the few studies on Albanian height.
    Did I say the study was wrong? I did not. I said it's humorous how you accept and then reject the study.

All these researches have different height for people from the same country depending where they are from. And there are overall average height too.
    Omg... I had no idea... What part of the study quotes your own research?

The area that has poverty and lack of nutrition is exactly central kosovo that were measured on average 1.80... it is especially in this area where the kosov war went out and some of the regions in these areas are the poorest in Kosovo actually.
    So what you're telling me is central Kosovo is like a third world SSA nation where basic nutrient requirements can't be met because of a war that ended almost exactly 20 years ago. I'm learning so much from you. What charity do you recommend for me to help out?

Yes, they can be tall as me or taller or shorter anything between 1.70'to 1.97 or something what the study said ... what has been measured is the average.. not many areas of Kosovo have been left out actually, they only need part of the west which borders north Albania and most likely has a high average height as people there are tall too while the north is pred. Serb. Since after the war atleast

I know of mean and median, good sir. I tutored 4th graders in math once. You clearly didn't understand my critique. I suspect you've received too many head kicks.

The averaglest in Europe actue northern Gheg height can be predicted as one of the talally as measured during Coons time too

No, it can't be predicted. The average height may have stayed the same for that population or similar, while for other groups it may have risen. The Dutch were one of the shortest populations at one time and now they are one of the tallest. These Ghegs may have had a sufficient diet compared to other populations of that time.

But of course you gotta pretend as if you know everything even when you dont.
    Tell me about it.

Last Online
    12-05-2021 @ 08:36 PM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 150
    Given: 103

1 Not allowed!

I'm 184.5 which is way above the average Bulgarian... It might be a genetic difference of some sort or just the fact that I was raised in Canada which does have a higher living standard than Bulgaria. However, my grandparents (male) were consistently 180+ throughout their lives so there's also that... Really gets me wondering.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    12-22-2023 @ 01:20 PM
    Ethnicity
    Србин
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,173
    Given: 5,255

0 Not allowed!

The average Albanian from Albania was listed at like 5 foot 8 I believe I don't know about Kosovar Albanians I suspect its slightly Taller

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Albobalboa View Post
    Damn, seems like you're all in your feelings bro.

Who gives a fuck about height, what this study shows is that Albanians in Kosovo are pretty average in height in european terms, I'd even say leaning on the shorter side. Especially when compared to nordics/dutch/bosnians/Monteniggas who are getting stupid fucking tall these days.
    Those people are on average 177-183 depending on where they are from in the country they live in and based on different studies. Thats the tallest measurement in Europe but youre saying its average number while calling them tall. Lol. This study says Central Kosovars are some of the tallest in Europe actually. Thats where im from and noticed we are quite tall, from Drenica to Prishtina. And other albos too so i thought its weird how peopl d here claim we are short when irl even Norwegian friends said we are tall. So i do give a fuck about height since im tall, tall male relatives and come from a tall region but maybe youre from a midget region which is why you dont give a fuck.. but because youre midgets or average height dorsnt make us so. No we aint all monteniggas or herzegovinians but we for sure are up there.

Most Europeans are below 178 and European average is maybe 177.

Youre a guy living in Sweden and youre probably not exceptionally tall hence the complexes.. when was the last time you were even down there? Norwegians are not much taller as i know because i live here, maybe Swedes are. Im laughing because people here believed average is 174 so you can say im having a good time... i know better as i go there occasionally you know...

Most European countries are below 178.. you obviously have no idea about European average height. Those are the only few people you mentioned that are above that mark... and it depends where in the country they are from.. such as people from Bosnia itself are below 178.. its Hercegovina that reaches the abnormal average height of 183..

If you actually read the study it concludes they are on par with those populations you mentioned. 1.80 is far from average and is one of the tallest in europe measured for any region only areas of those countries you mentioned have measured taller or same , its really high for Albanians who are stereotyped as,short on these forums and its probably average height in western kosova too as it touches the dinaric alps and Northern Albania where many mountaineers settled in the lowlands not to mention.

South east Kosovo borders Bulgaria and we know bulgaria together with romania are midget countries and seems to be the shortest area in Kosovo but quite average for European standards. Now this probably led you to say average lol as you seem fixated on 1.77 ... huh... 1.77 is not even short for European standards but rather average if not slight above average.

See average height for some countries and the different areas within those and see for yourself , most studies actually put European average below 1.77....

One study even measured average Serbian and Croatian as 1.76 for example , norwegian 1.77 etc etc .. you might ask how could they be measured so shorter and i told you it depends where in the country they are from all together etc , sample size etc.

Others put them at 1.79- 1.80.. now central kosovars put at 1.80 - 181 almost is like one of the tallest in Europe dude and only taller are some yugoslav areas maybe and sone more developed countries with better nutrition which increased their height.

North Albanian especially Gruda area is probably even tallest average.. basically north Albania , western and central Kosovo and youre looking at above average height Europeans. While Scandos and Dutch got taller from better nutrition in our case and some yugoslavs it is obviously genetics.. you ignore the nutrition part and by bettering it that could increase average and put us even higher.
    Last edited by Lek; 08-18-2017 at 04:38 AM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information